What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

I sure hope Bronco isn't one of the names who's saying no thanks.

Me too. I think a coach like Bronco is the way to go for CU. I think Harsin could be interested but he might not be up for dealing with politics at CU after going through that at Auburn.

I'm not too surprised with how much disdain coaches are viewing the CU job. I'm not sure if even Jim McElwain would be remotely interested in the job. Perhaps a coach from the MAC might be the way to go for CU given how casual that conference is towards football compared to the Sun Belt.

I think it's highly doubtful that someone in the coaching profession would have that attitude.

Then again, CU did hire a guy at the end of career who approached it as a lead-in to retirement. So I guess we can't completely discount the possibility of another Fairbanks hire.
Of course that wouldn't be his main goal going in, just his rationalization. There are all kinds of people in coaching.

Me too. I think a coach like Bronco is the way to go for CU. I think Harsin could be interested but he might not be up for dealing with politics at CU after going through that at Auburn.

I'm not too surprised with how much disdain coaches are viewing the CU job. I'm not sure if even Jim McElwain would be remotely interested in the job. Perhaps a coach from the MAC might be the way to go for CU given how casual that conference is towards football compared to the Sun Belt.
This would have been much more of a problem had we made a move after last year IMO. This is a power 5 job in a year where there aren't a ton of them-Auburn's a mess. I would still be pretty surprised if Wisconsin doesn't hire Leonhard. Nebraska fans are talking themselves into Mickey Joseph and a lot of great Wednesday practices. No clue what ASU does. Maybe Harsin? I'm not seeing him here because of what happened with Hawkins. Kiesau and Bedell both worked for him at Auburn. IIRC both guys coached here under D2.

If I'm CU, I reach out to Bronco now. I've thought since he made the comments about wanting back in that he wants this gig.

Last edited:
This would have been much more of a problem had we made a move after last year IMO. This is a power 5 job in a year where there aren't a ton of them-Auburn's a mess. I would still be pretty surprised if Wisconsin doesn't hire Leonhard. Nebraska fans are talking themselves into Mickey Joseph and a lot of great Wednesday practices. No clue what ASU does. Maybe Harsin? I'm not seeing him here because of what happened with Hawkins. Kiesau and Bedell both worked for him at Auburn.

If I'm CU, I reach out to Bronco now.
If they haven’t already reached out to Bronco then it isn’t happening. Hopefully he’s one of several they’ve already spoken to.

they have about 5 weeks to wow us.

if they **** up this hire, it will be very very very bad for the future of CU football.
Phil D
challenge accepted training GIF

I don't have any specific names, but was told the process is "going slowly", which I took to be a euphemism for it's not going particurlarly well. On the flip side, there are lots of potential good candidates if the leadership in Boulder will pull their head-out and make the necessary changes to admit good players via the transfer portal, among other things.

I'm told many current and former head coaches are passing. Not surprising given the terrible (and mostly accurate) assessment that you can't win at CU, without major changes to admissions for players in the transfer portal. It doesn't help that the AD with his big ego is creating cognitive dissonance by telling everyone around him he will hire a great head coach, in spite of a real lack of interest in the job from qualified candidates.
"I'm told"

"I'm told"
Since when did Henderson's sock become an "insider"... the only gymnast in the AD is rick George who bends over backward to avoid accountability....

We are just so starved for news we seem to be latching to anything and anyone

I’d given RG some credit for hiring Tucker. Turns out he screwed up with that hire as well. Tucker would’ve also been a disaster even if he’d have stayed. I give RG about a 15% chance of getting this right.

Last edited:
We’re only about 4 weeks out from Pete Thamel tweeting that a coach I’ve never heard of is in contention for the Colorado job.

Only 4.5 weeks out from half of you assholes talking yourselves in to him after 20 pages of bargaining and denial

Boy I’m excited, it’ll be different this time!

We’re only about 4 weeks out from Pete Thamel tweeting that a coach I’ve never heard of is in contention for the Colorado job.

Only 4.5 weeks out from half of you assholes talking yourselves in to him after 20 pages of bargaining and denial

I for one will not love most coach choices. I will be shocked if the right person gets hired.

Some of you negative mother ****ers are so depressing.

Back