What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Utah Pregame Thread

Colorado National is a very nice golf course.

When I made it home, I watched the game. Luckily, I could fast forward between plays. I don’t remember Lewis dropping back without getting pressured. No QB will be successful with zero protection. Man, Fillip looked like he was wearing cleats made of concrete or something. The Utes’ D Line’s theme song should have been Linda Ronstadt’s “Blue Bayou.”

I am hesitant to judge any player in the offense until competant coaching is evident. Lewis hasn't shown anything great, but I don't expect a freshman to. A good coaching staff would have designed plays giving quick, definitive reads. If receivers were consistently open and he had more than 2 seconds in the pocket consistently I would be more critical.

I think the biggest failure was not building the offense around his strengths on rpo's with layered routes. The staff forced him into a system he wasn't ready for. I think they really expected and wanted JT in this offense and when that didn't happen they failed to adjust.
I don’t expect a freshman to be great, but I expect to see flashes of talent, decision making, and ability to make something happen when a play breaks down. I’ve seen very little of that so far and his confidence in his own ability to make a play is non-existent. I’m not ready to give up on him but he needs an overhaul.

Congratulations to the team, for fighting to the finish.

I have not heard one rumor or insinuation that any player dislikes KD or wants him gone.

Whatever happens, many Allbuffers will continue to whine. My favs are the idiots who can't stand the fact KD is a stoic.

Go Buffs.

I don’t expect a freshman to be great, but I expect to see flashes of talent, decision making, and ability to make something happen when a play breaks down. I’ve seen very little of that so far and his confidence in his own ability to make a play is non-existent. I’m not ready to give up on him but he needs an overhaul.
Way overly harsh IMO

Congratulations to the team, for fighting to the finish.

I have not heard one rumor or insinuation that any player dislikes KD or wants him gone.

Whatever happens, many Allbuffers will continue to whine. My favs are the idiots who can't stand the fact KD is a stoic.

Go Buffs.
If you look “stoic” up in the dictionary you will see “Tom Landry.”

Because why? When have you seen him make a tough throw under pressure or hit a receiver in a tight window? Again, not giving up on him but his issues are not entirely on a porous Oline and bad coaching.
It’d be hard for me to remember. One that comes to mind is the TD throw to Rice between two defenders at the goal line.

Because why? When have you seen him make a tough throw under pressure or hit a receiver in a tight window? Again, not giving up on him but his issues are not entirely on a porous Oline and bad coaching.
I don’t disagree, but his throw to Arias in the end zone yesterday was a very good ball.

Lewis will grow in confidence and accuracy once he is not running for his life. That means an O-line that makes an opposing defense keep more people in the box. I swear that yesterday every receiver was double covered. That math simply does not work for ANY QB.

Maybe if B Lews was not constantly having defenders in his face or getting hit in the ribs by defenders he will have time to deliever those so called tight window throws.
So you finally agree the oline has below average talent and the staff should be able to recruit better players.

Back