What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-Utah Pregame Thread

This year has been nothing short of brutal, and thank god today we get to pull the plug on this season. Let’s face it, we’ve been circling the drain of disappointment for a while, and I don’t believe KD is the man for the job.

Either way, I will be cheering and rooting on our boys to pull off a miracle.

Hell... we still have 62-36!!!... and we’re one game better than those cornfückers!!!

GO BUFFS!!!!

This year has been nothing short of brutal, and thank god today we get to pull the plug on this season. Let’s face it, we’ve been circling the drain of disappointment for a while, and I don’t believe KD is the man for the job.

Either way, I will be cheering and rooting on our boys to pull off a miracle.

Hell... we still have 62-36!!!... and we’re one game better than those cornfückers!!!

GO BUFFS!!!!
20 years since the Buffs killed the Fuskers program. Can the Hawkeyes just put the final nail in the coffin before it can be buried in salt and lit on fire? kNU hired an undertaker for an AD…

The Utah game always seems to be the season ending barometer as to where our program is. I know this is a common refrain, but how the hell is Utah so much better than CU? They are so much better coached. Why the hell can’t CU build an excellent coaching staff? At least part of the answer is that CU doesn’t pay. Wittingham’s salary is $5.2 million, which ranks 3rd in the conference. KD’s salary is 8th at $3.2 million which is closer to the bottom than the top. Of course our issues go a lot deeper than that and have been discussed ad nauseam. The frustration just rises to the top when we play Utah.
It’s the Zion Curtain. It does a lot more than protect against sinful eyes watching mixologists and COVID transmission. It’s impact on college football success is one of its lesser known yet most powerful benefits.

The key difference between Colorado and Utah...
Colorado ELECTS a Board of Regents who run the university under a highly politicized charter from constituents across the state who are mostly transplants from other parts of the country who couldn’t care less about the flagship university; Utah APPOINTS (Governor does it) an 18 member Board of Higher Education to staggered six year terms to limit political influence. Two of the appointees must be students.

The result, IMO, is a structure that looks out for the best interest of the institution (academic, image, competitiveness, etc.) without undue political influence from constituents who don’t give a rats ass about the university.

The problem with CU is the way it is governed. Period.
So . . . how do we change the governance. Because it sounds like our system was built to fail the university.

The political climate in boulder has always leaned far left. In the past, it was far more radical than it is today (IMO - I was there in the 60s). Bill McCartney was kind of a pariah to all those people. But, he overcame it with sheer will.

i'm watching K State put it on Texas.....EMAW.

or whatever they used to say with Darth Snyder.

71 yard TD run by KSU backup qb.

i'm watching K State put it on Texas.....EMAW.

or whatever they used to say with Darth Snyder.

71 yard TD run by KSU backup qb.
Well, Texas can go out and hire Sarkisian whatever they need to fix their defense, recruiters or coaches or coordinators. They have the boosters for it.

Simple idea, hard to do, yeah? How is the university okay with getting shafted by a sucky governance system?

0mnGSA.gif

well, in the holiday spirit of degenerate hopes, i have the Buffs +29.5 today. 2nd biggest + spread i have ever bet on CU since, once, in the fairbanks era i took the Buffs + 49 against either the nubs or sooners, i don't remember, but they laid the wood on us.

everything changes today, baby!

Who was in charge during the last 20 years again? This regent thing is a red herring.
2000 to 2021 leadership
Presidents: Hoffman 00-05, Brown 05-08, Benson 08-19, Kennedy 19-21
Chancellors: Byyny 00-04, DiStefano 04-06, Peterson 06-09, DiStefano 09-21

Kennedy was a worthless carpetbagger and there’s no need to discuss Hoffman. We know the damage she inflicted. Brown was a highly divisive politician and while Benson built the hell out of the campus, I’m not sure he was all that great otherwise. Key for me is DiStefano. His fingerprints are all over the past and present for the Boulder campus. I think he is a big part of the problem.

I guess my point is the BOR chooses presidents and the presidents choose the chancellors and the chancellor and the president hire the AD. It’s been bad to awful for a long time.

The Utah game always seems to be the season ending barometer as to where our program is. I know this is a common refrain, but how the hell is Utah so much better than CU? They are so much better coached. Why the hell can’t CU build an excellent coaching staff? At least part of the answer is that CU doesn’t pay. Wittingham’s salary is $5.2 million, which ranks 3rd in the conference. KD’s salary is 8th at $3.2 million which is closer to the bottom than the top. Of course our issues go a lot deeper than that and have been discussed ad nauseam. The frustration just rises to the top when we play Utah.
KW has been at utah for 17 years. I doubt he was comparitively getting paid a ton back then, when utah was in the Mtn West or something. I don't think money is the biggest factor. Why can't we find a smaller college coach with fire in his eyes and hunger in his belly? I think we rely too much on search committes and the need to have a 'name' signing.

Hopefully we don't get embarrassed today. Go Buffs.

2000 to 2021 leadership
Presidents: Hoffman 00-05, Brown 05-08, Benson 08-19, Kennedy 19-21
Chancellors: Byyny 00-04, DiStefano 04-06, Peterson 06-09, DiStefano 09-21

Kennedy was a worthless carpetbagger and there’s no need to discuss Hoffman. We know the damage she inflicted. Brown was a highly divisive politician and while Benson built the hell out of the campus, I’m not sure he was all that great otherwise. Key for me is DiStefano. His fingerprints are all over the past and present for the Boulder campus. I think he is a big part of the problem.

I guess my point is the BOR chooses presidents and the presidents choose the chancellors and the chancellor and the president hire the AD. It’s been bad to awful for a long time.
Without checking, I remember Gordon Gee as a totally pro-athletics pres(?). And I think wherever he went after CU, had athletic success

EDIT: I checked, pretty good record:
He was head of University of Colorado from 1985 to 1990, of Ohio State University from 1990 to 1997, of Brown University from 1998 to 2000, of Vanderbilt University from 2000 to 2007, and of Ohio State University for a second time from 2007 to 2013.[4] (now in 2nd term at WVU)

Back