What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OFFICIAL CU vs. ASU game thread 10/7/23

The complete F you scumdevils.

I don’t know where I am on this.
I LOVE Shedeur’s play
I LOVE his confidence and poise
I LOVE that we are winning some games (even if we need miraculous comebacks against some really ****ty teams)

What isn’t get is:
- what is that watch thing? What does it even mean?
- the first couple of weeks CU was all up in arm arms about people disrespecting us then we go and do that ****
- if I’m an opponent, things like that only make me want to be your ass even more (a la Oregon) and run it up if given the chance and..
- take as many cheap shots as possible.

Did Arizona St do or say anything leading up to this game to draw that ire?

But whatever.

I LOVE Shedeur’s play
I LOVE that we are winning some games (even if we need miraculous comebacks against some really ****ty teams)

What isn’t get is:
- the first couple of weeks CU was all up in arm arms about people disrespecting us then we go and do that ****
- if I’m an opponent, things like that only make me want to be your ass even more (a la Oregon) and run it up if given the chance and..

But whatever.
He's talking **** back. And building a brand. It's fun. This is sports. Let it be fun

I LOVE Shedeur’s play

What isn’t get is:

But whatever.
ASU students were doing “Overrated”, “**** You Sanders” and “**** Cu” chants all game. So Shedeur kept receipts and went back to say what’s up to the students.

I started as a freshman at CU in the fall of 2012. Tonight was the Buffs' 10th road conference win during that time frame, two of which came during the COVID season. So, I won't spend any time dwelling on the negatives. This team has real deficiencies and we knew that coming in, but 6 wins is my goal, and we are on target for that at the halfway point.

I think Shedeur was the most important factor in the win tonight. His stat line was just okay, but he stepped up and made a big play every time we needed one. With a QB that good, you can never totally count the Buffs out. I also think the mental toughness and the never-quit attitude is a real strength of this team. Yes, their deficiencies are getting them into these tough situations in the first place, but so many teams wilt and let games get away from them when things are bad. Those two strengths - the QB play, and the mental toughness to stick around in games - should keep this team competitive and fun to watch for the rest of the season.
Paging KJ Jefferson…

Ok, gotcha. Then approved.
But without that context, ‘cause the 10 million people that weren’t there, aren’t going to realize that.
Good. Now we can talk **** to them and make them look like idiots if they bothered a talk **** to us. If this makes undisputed or whatever that's great for cu. I do not care what other people think. It's hilarious

Turf monster jumped up and grabbed Antonio. Maybe he gets caught from behind but he had at least a 4 yard head start on the DB.

A shoe string tackle by the kicker, this turf monster play, and two balls just off target that would’ve been TD’s.

This game could’ve looked a lot different.
Just to be clear, there were two blockers in front of weaver that could have wiped out the punter. They both split around the punter.

View attachment 65838
Some people have confused Shedeur’s watch for a Rolex. It’s actually a customized stainless steel Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15500 that has been flooded with 30 carats of VVS diamonds. It’s made by Saki Mihalakos, the owner of the Jacksonville-based jewelry company Saki Diamonds. While Mihalakos wouldn’t give the exact amount, he said the custom is valued around $70,000 (this particular Royal Oak retails for $27,800 before the diamonds are added). Shedeur purchased the watch back in 2022, when he was still playing at Jackson State. At the time, it was just another piece to add to the collection. Now it has become part of his trademark celebration.
——————————-
Flame shield
———————————
Looks like a woman’s watch

If Le Peep’s too busy I’ll just motor the durn old station wagon over ta IHOP. If there’s a line I’ll wait on the fake leather bench and read the Nickel Ads. Favorite waitress is Evelyn. She used to live in Idaho Springs. Likes cats. Yup.
Is Le Peep **** now? I used to love that place.

I LOVE Shedeur’s play

What isn’t get is:

But whatever.

——————————-
Flame shield
———————————
The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

——————————-
Flame shield
———————————
Agree, I am not big fan of iced out watches and, it ruins the resale value if not done by the original company. I have seen many diamond/gemstone encrusted Rolex watches that are pretty much the same price as the same model with no stones and, it can be worth less than a stock watch if it is a rare watch.

Is there some way the team can just do a first half simulation scrimmage during warm ups to get the **** play out of their system and pretend the start of the game is the second half?

Does anyone know what caused the scrum at the end of the game? Gary Barnett was really angry about something

All the more reason to go for 2. He played the game aggressively throughout until, thankfully, the two point conversion. Still baffles me.
Maybe just a bit too much time on the clock to go for 2 in that situation. If CU is down by 1, they are automatically in 4-down territory everywhere on the field and have an extra possession on every set of downs to try and get into FG range. If tied, CU doesn't take the same risks on 4th down and settles for OT.

Back