What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

Mac didn't plan to hire leavitt on signing day so that's a dumb narrative.

Yeah. I think he was planning to hire Kacy Rodgers (Dolphins DL Coach at the time), but then Kacy landed the Jets DC job.

Is this a situation where you need your DC hire first to get his input on staff additions/configuration?

Is this a situation where you need your DC hire first to get his input on staff additions/configuration?

I don't think so. Last time they hired Tumpkin before Leavitt, right? That worked out well so I can't imagine feeling it was necessary to do things differently. I suspect that MacIntyre will evaluate candidates for each position with Carl and George and hire as the right guy is identified for each, with no concern over hiring a CB or LB Coach ahead of the DC. Especially since Tumpkin can coach either LBs or Safeties, there is a flexibility here (i.e., a DC who is a a DB position coach could still be hired even if we hired a CB Coach first).

Wonder what the plan was for urboy Jeffcoat in that case...

Best guess: no difference but Kacy would have taken OLBs instead of bringing in GAs to do that the past couple years and Tumpkin would have coached ILBs with Clark continuing to have the whole secondary. What we were replacing was Baer (ILBs) and LaRussa (who had been re-assigned from safeties to OLBs in 2014).

Best guess: no difference but Kacy would have taken OLBs instead of bringing in GAs to do that the past couple years and Tumpkin would have coached ILBs with Clark continuing to have the whole secondary. What we were replacing was Baer (ILBs) and LaRussa (who had been re-assigned from safeties to OLBs in 2014).

that's not the scenario I had in mind. and this scenario does not please me nearly as much.

Jets are retaining Todd Bowles as head coach; therefore, it's likely that Kacy Rodgers will be back as their DC. I would think you could scratch him from the DC candidates.

Schefter reporting wholesale changes to the Jets defensive coaching staff are forthcoming, so Rodgers may not be as much of a lock to stay on as we thought.

I just kind of realized that, or reminded myself that, all Rick George and Mac have done since they've been here is to hit home runs. So, I expect our coaching hires to be nothing less. All is good.

I just kind of realized that, or reminded myself that, all Rick George and Mac have done since they've been here is to hit home runs. So, I expect our coaching hires to be nothing less. All is good.

I'm only nervous till I know who it is. I think the seniors changed the culture and I think the remaining and new players will have a winning attitude. All you gotta do than is coach, that's the easy part. Everyone's already bought in.

What about David Bailiff ? or Randy Shannon (if he would leave the state of florida)

Schefter reporting wholesale changes to the Jets defensive coaching staff are forthcoming, so Rodgers may not be as much of a lock to stay on as we thought.

Thanks. The offense was very inept this year for the Jets, which negatively impacted the defense. So, I knew that Chan Gailey was out, but thought Rodgers would be back.

I've only seen Cal sites mention him as an idea, and Cal fans did not like the idea.

I think it's about time for someone to post here that someone on another board knows who the new DC is and that they're not actually going to tell anyone here, but wanted us to know that they knew.
You guys would be the last people I'd tell.

i heard from an insider Colorado has chosen a new DC. I saw it posted on the rivals boards but I'm not going to share my insider info for those who don't pay. ****ing peasants.

i heard from an insider Colorado has chosen a new DC. I saw it posted on the rivals boards but I'm not going to share my insider info for those who don't pay. ****ing peasants.

You should have stopped after the last time. Ripping on people for providing info you do not want to pay for is weird.

Back