What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official D coordinator search thread (DJ Eliot hired?)

What is the feasibility of Kubiak instead of Lindgren? I know this is a DC thread but ...
My vote is DeRuyter for DC.

Pretty sure MM has a plan. He seems to be pretty organized and knows what to do. mfjl surprised all of us.
HCMM has a good coaching reputation as it seems and has lots of contacts...
BTW - did y'all notice Erickson retired from uu?

CU needs to get on the ball.

Macs new contract would be a positive story and good for recruiting.

Pretty sure MM has a plan. He seems to be pretty organized and knows what to do. mfjl surprised NOBODY.
HCMM has a good coaching reputation as it seems and has lots of contacts...
BTW - did y'all notice Erickson WAS FORCED INTO RETIREMENT?

Fify

A hypothetical here:

Tumpkin and Vance Bedford as co-DC's?
Are you hoping a double negative equals a positive? Bedford is not DC quality, he wasted serious talent at Texas and was demoted for a reason. Would love him as a DB coach and recruiter but that's it.

Are you hoping a double negative equals a positive? Bedford is not DC quality, he wasted serious talent at Texas and was demoted for a reason. Would love him as a DB coach and recruiter but that's it.
Just throwing it out there. At this point I don't think I'm a fan of any co-DC configuration

I'm not sure if I like Bedford even as a DB coach, honestly. Just can't get a really good feel for him.

This has to be uncharted waters for MM. The most critical 30+ days in the recruiting cycle AND beginning a search for multiple assistants.

I hope he's delegating some tasks and not trying to do everything.

This has to be uncharted waters for MM. The most critical 30+ days in the recruiting cycle AND beginning a search for multiple assistants.

I hope he's delegating some tasks and not trying to do everything.
Or considering that bowl performance he better be a few steps ahead as of right nowZ

Yeah, if we are starting from square one right now, that is not good.

Lack of information doesn't mean lack of action. M2 in the past has been pretty quiet about his coaching searches until he announces.

Also I would be shocked if he hadn't at least considered the need for a DC long before JL was announced to Oregon. It wasn't any secret that JL would listen to at least offers for HC jobs.

It feels like this entire discussion is cut and pasted from two years ago. Resume meltdown.

There's part of me that felt that way. But I thought Duff made a great point about how the situation with recruiting was very different then and there wasn't a large class and the recruits weren't being targeted by major programs to poach away.

It feels like this entire discussion is cut and pasted from two years ago. Resume meltdown.

Not surprisingly, the search has been underway for a while.

But I still maintain the timeline of this hire is much more important than 2014. Much more to win or lose this time around.

Back