What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: #7 UofA at CU (BLACKOUT GAME)

The Hawk

Tad's postgame on KOA...wow. Haven't heard him like that before. Downright pissed. Summary:

- Completely embarrassed, tired of this
- Lack of defense and rebounding - there's no pride
- Going to use all 4 hours to coach tomorrow and will make them watch the entire debacle
- Apologized to fans
- Players are playing for themselves
- Doesn't know what the team is thinking...the team is silent sams, don't say much

What I didn't hear him say, and take ownership of, is that he has lost this team. Obviously his coaching is not working at this level and his offense is attrocious. He continues to use Scott at the top of the key setting screens for guards with his back to the basket instead of using an elite C down on the blocks. It is either Boyle doesn't get it or he never had it. The basketball program is starting to smell like Dan Hawkins

[tweet]571137152857145347[/tweet]
That's Chauncey second from the left. He must have been sick watching this. Stayed to the end, though. Ben Mills was a couple rows behind him.

Yeah, Tad was pissed off at the end of the game and after on KOA. Just about two months too late for this team.

What I didn't hear him say, and take ownership of, is that he has lost this team. Obviously his coaching is not working at this level and his offense is attrocious. He continues to use Scott at the top of the key setting screens for guards with his back to the basket instead of using an elite C down on the blocks. It is either Boyle doesn't get it or he never had it. The basketball program is starting to smell like Dan Hawkins

Did you watch Arizona play offense? Tarczewski would set a pick for his guards in the same spot as Scott nearly every possession. The difference is his back is not garbage so he could get back in the paint fast and even when Scott is healthy, he may be more athletic than Scott.

I don't think it is a problem that we use our center to set picks, it is a problem that we use our center with a jacked up back to set picks.

Tad is tearing the team a new one on koa. Tomorrow doesn't sound like practice is going to be fun. "NCAA allows me 4 hours with them and the floor is going to be covered in sweat, maybe some blood, I don't know." Senior leaders and what they are saying, "nothing, we got a bunch of silent Sam's there." He said he was fed up and apologized to the fans and the families that showed up tonight.

Brought to you by Howdy Dong

Senior leaders? WTF is that? I hope tad runs all their asses all day. No heart.

Good game Buffs
1414618201.gif

Will be good to see Ski go. Making a 1/3 of your shots every game is a recipe for a loss. This team is bad. Needs a new attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok?

Enjoy the CBI. Hopefully we see you in Vegas for another 20 point beat down.
You were probably the 65 year old guy that threw an elbow at me because I "cut him off walking up the stairwell after the game." Followed by a "Red Sox suck". I'm glad his 35 year old son tried to fight me too because I "walked too aggressively past him" I wish Arizona fans were as good as their team.

Ski has to shoot the ball. He had maybe two or three forced shots, but when the entire team is scared to shoot its kind of hard for a guy like Ski to not try to take over. It was our only shot.

Last edited:
Ski has to shoot the ball. He had maybe two or three forced shots, but when the entire team is scared to shoot its kind of hard for a guy like Ski to try to take over. It was our only shot.
Bingo

Blaming Ski fir this game, or season, is insane. Him and Scott have given it everything and then some this year.

Bingo

Blaming Ski fir this game, or season, is insane. Him and Scott have given it everything and then some this year.

It'll be interesting to see who the scapegoat becomes next year. Apparently if you're the perimeter guy who isn't scared to shoot on a team of perimeter guys scared to shoot on open looks, you get the blame. It's like when we have 3 guys pass up open looks on one possession and Ski is tossed the ball with 2 seconds left and has to shoot it's somehow all his fault. As godawful as our guard play has been, I just do not understand the constant blame of the one solid guard we have.

Tad and Bill agree.

Early in the 2nd half, Walton said the Buff players needed to get out there and start some fights. 'If they're not willing to fight, why should we (the fans) fight for them?'

After the game Tad said;

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"I want to fight somebody right now, I really do. But, I know you can't do that. But, I'm sick of the way we're playing." (going on to add the players had no fight in them at all).

and that was very obvious last night, no heart, no desire, no fight.

And, jeez, we can't hit foul shots? XJ clanked one of the front of the rim (2nd half), then followed with a miss that hit the glass. He couldn't go back to his stroke and instead totally overcompensated. These guys have a lot of psych/mental issues.

Hope there isa good crowd for Ski's farewell on Sunday
[/FONT]

It'll be interesting to see who the scapegoat becomes next year. Apparently if you're the perimeter guy who isn't scared to shoot on a team of perimeter guys scared to shoot on open looks, you get the blame. It's like when we have 3 guys pass up open looks on one possession and Ski is tossed the ball with 2 seconds left and has to shoot it's somehow all his fault. As godawful as our guard play has been, I just do not understand the constant blame of the one solid guard we have.

Nobody complains when Askia has to shoot with 2 seconds left....

The issue some people have with Askia is:

1. He's our Senior Leader, and he continues to make poor decisions including long 2's with lots of clock time.
2. His more junior teammates appear scared to shoot.

Certainly the question many have is can #2 be related to #1, and how much?

We don't know and it's unfair to conclude this without proof. But it's the elephant in the room for a lot of people I talk to.

It'll be XJ. We'll continue to ignore the walking turnover machine in the backcourt and move on to someone else. It's pretty predictable. In 2 years it will be DT.

my chief takeaway is we were out of this early due to poor shot selection against a team capable of dominating us on the boards.

and I remain firmly in favor of the lead electric guitar for national anthem.

can someone try to explain to me why our guards continue to pressure the ball 6 feet above the three point line after continually getting beat off the dribble and dominated in the pick and roll? and why the hell are we flashing big men on the pick and roll despite getting dominated or fouling the point guard over and over?

It'll be XJ. We'll continue to ignore the walking turnover machine in the backcourt and move on to someone else. It's pretty predictable. In 2 years it will be DT.

Boyle has crashed to earth. Without several very high caliber recruits to replace those on the roster who simply don't really care and lack talent, IMO, Boyle won't be here in two years. In the last year and the sophomore class, he and staff have failed miserably at recruiting.

This cant be blamed on ski - it does annoy me when he pushed the ball, takes 2 steps in side the 3 pt line and shoots with 20+ seconds on the shot clock, but if he doesnt do that they'll get into their half court sets, and those usually end up with a bunch of passes, open looks passed up, and the ball being heaved up with <5 seconds left by someone - usually ski - and it usually doesnt go in.

As far as Im concerned, this team can win out. We should have beat both UW & ASU the last time we played this season, and already beat wazzu.

The only question is wether or not the will to win is there. It doesnt really seem like anyone cares about winning at this point. All these kids have never had a bad season, so they dont know how to react. Instead of fighting, they just turtle up because they're soft.

It's nice that tad's pissed, but it's march my friends. you could tell something wasnt right with this team in december, and it was obvious in hawaii. This has gotten away from him, and I'm not sure how he'll respond. It happened his first year in greeley (or second) but I dont think most of this is on him. There's been a bit of bad luck with injuries that hasnt helped too, but we lost games we shouldnt have (UGA/CSU) before Josh & XJ got hurt.

Whatever happened in the player meeting obviously wasnt ****, either. No one wants to step up and lead this team. Reality is, after this year, it's dom's team. It was dre's junior year when spencer was soph, but everyone knew it was spencers team.

Bingo

Feel bad for Ski as he had little help this season. He is a pure shooter, not a true point guard, and he had minimal help. Easy for other teams to scheme against the Buffs offense, as it was so one dimensional. Especially with Josh playing at 50% due to injury.

When you look back at how effective Ski was adjacent to Spencer, says much about how things could have played out for Ski. It has been a tough year for the only senior. Hope he "goes off" in the PAC tourney against somebody and leaves on a high note.... Which in Ski's case may very well happen ;).

I wish I could sit in the gym today and watch the workout Tad is going to put them through.

May be nothing more than 4 hours of game film from last night with Tad pointing out what each guy is doing wrong or right on ever possession.

May be nothing more than 4 hours of game film from last night with Tad pointing out what each guy is doing wrong or right on ever possession.
I'm gonna guess it involves a lot of suicides and more suicides. Blood, sweat, and puke.

Back