What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread - CU at USC

We dropped some it sounded like. We'll get them, it'll take us time. If y'all remember Nebraska, that **** built up.

Yeah we'll be fine. Don't worry we'll get their punkass. Good effort, just couldn't make plays when we needed to. Overall, proud of the guys. One play, here or there, it's a different story.

Jumped right to the end of the thread, I like to just watch the game and it took a bit to recover. A lost opportunity, I think. Coach took too long to open up the playbook. The short **** wasn't working w/o the long ball, as the pro-USC Pac-12 announcers pointed out. Also, the USC running game ate us up. Finally, our best chance was the INT Weatherspoon couldn't go up high enough to pick. We're almost, but not quite there.

Real disappointed in this one. Hopefully they come out pissed off and take it out on asu. Just beat the ever loving dog **** out of those ****ing bitches and stick it up that sack of monkey **** coach of theirs ass.
Gotta get one before we get two. We'll get USC.

We were out manned. If not for the turn overs, which I totally credit our D for, this game would not have been close. USC owned the trenches. Montez has a huge upside, but he definitely played like you'd expect a redshirt freshman to play. Our defense doesn't have a single player, including Awuzie, that an offense has to account for. We need a couple of bad asses on D that strike fear in an offense.

You could see the USC receiver push down on Spoons shoulderpads. It's shy Spoon wasn't as high as he could have been to intercept, or at least knock the ball down.

I think MM made a mistake taking the field goal. Should have went for the win. Worst case we turn the ball over and still have to stop them down 7. If the FG puts us down 3 that's different. I was very disappointed in that playcall.

I think MM made a mistake taking the field goal. Should have went for the win. Worst case we turn the ball over and still have to stop them down 7. If the FG puts us down 3 that's different. I was very disappointed in that playcall.
In the post game he said the defense HAS to get the ball back there. As a coach, that is how you think and he is correct. Get the FG, kick off. Stop them and get the ball back.

I really don't think it's out of the question to go 6-3. We have 4 home games and 2 road games left. Each and every home game is quite winnable. None are cupcakes and we could lose any, but I like our chances in each game at home. Chances probably say we drop one, but winning in Tucson is also very much within reach. There's even a small chance against Stanford - they're not elite.

My point isn't that we're going to win out - we're not. It's that a 4 point loss at USC doesn't leave me thinking this is a 6-6ish team. I think we're capable of 8-4 (6-3). That may win the South and gives us a shot of looking at the Holiday or Alamo.

Defense was playing well. Have to get the points, rely on the D to make a stop and then a TD wins it. I liked the call.

"I hate using this word, but the first word that comes to mind is lucky. It's not lucky, you make your own luck," Darnold said. "Defense did a great job today. As an offense you're not going to win a ton of games turning the ball over four times. It's something we got to keep working on in practice."

"I hate using this word, but the first word that comes to mind is lucky. It's not lucky, you make your own luck," Darnold said. "Defense did a great job today. As an offense you're not going to win a ton of games turning the ball over four times. It's something we got to keep working on in practice."
Losing the turnover battle 4-1 and winning is almost unheard of at any level. They were great on defense today, completely shutting down a top 10 offense.

Losing the turnover battle 4-1 and winning is almost unheard of at any level. They were great on defense today, completely shutting down a top 10 offense.

I take solace in the fact they blew ASU's doors off 41-20 last week. We've got the offense to hang with ASU. We've also got the defense to stop them far more than they can stop us. I think, like always this season, ASU's best hope is to make this a crazy shootout and have CU get caught in a quagmire of turnovers.

I wasn't. There was over 4 minutes remaining. If our defense could have held them, we get the ball back with a chance to win with two minutes to go. The problem wasn't with the decision to kick the field goal, but with our inability to stop USC on the ensuing drive.

Back