What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Tourney & Allbuffs Bracket Challenge Thread

More airballs and bricks than any title game ever. Plus blown calls.

Air balls on back to back possessions. Don't show this game to anyone you're trying to convince to become a fan.

Meeks was clearly out of bounds on the jump ball, then Heels score. Another blown call.

Meeks was clearly out of bounds on the jump ball, then Heels score. Another blown call.

C8ie2R7XYAUWh3P.jpg

Well, now Gonzaga fans have cause to hate the Heels as much as many of us ... if they didn't already.

That was a bad basketball game. Especially by the guys in stripes. But, Gonzaga sucks. Go Toreros.

That could have been a great game, but the referees ruined it.

Both teams in the double bonus before the 10 minute mark? Come on.

Especially when you see the fouls they were calling on the big men on both teams. Ridiculous.

The NCAA needs to work on the refereeing in the tournament. I'd say the biggest takeaway I got from this year's dance is that the game is getting ahead of the refs.

That could have been a great game, but the referees ruined it.

Both teams in the double bonus before the 10 minute mark? Come on.

Especially when you see the fouls they were calling on the big men on both teams. Ridiculous.

The NCAA needs to work on the refereeing in the tournament. I'd say the biggest takeaway I got from this year's dance is that the game is getting ahead of the refs.
Poorly reffed game for sure, but a very poorly played game as well. Not a classic by any stretch; some of the earlier tournament games by both these squads were so much better.

It was embarrassing, the officiating was horrible and find a ****ing basketball arena to play in. Oh well, they got their ****ing money.

So we're gonna review all sorts of ridiculous **** in college basketball, but not review the obvious out of bounds call at the end? Ok then.

Poorly reffed game for sure, but a very poorly played game as well. Not a classic by any stretch; some of the earlier tournament games by both these squads were so much better.

The refs were bad but they weren't why UNC won. I look at Gonzaga going into the locker room at half with a lead and momentum and then coming out the first few minutes after half looking like a bad NIT team. They let UNC get back into it not only on the scoreboard but also mentally/emotionally.

Yes the lead did change back and forth after that but from that time on UNC played like they expected to win instead of hoped to win.

I agree, but it was understandably hard for either team to get into a flow in the second half when the refs were blowing their whistles every time down court.

It's amazing to me that Gonzaga had to deal with the refs not calling anything Saturday night when South Carolina is playing physical as hell, and come out tonight and deal with refs that called everything, real or imagined.

That's not me saying necessarily that the Zags got jobbed (although that screenshot might suggest differently), but that's the most egregious example.

I agree, but it was understandably hard for either team to get into a flow in the second half when the refs were blowing their whistles every time down court.

It's amazing to me that Gonzaga had to deal with the refs not calling anything Saturday night when South Carolina is playing physical as hell, and come out tonight and deal with refs that called everything, real or imagined.

That's not me saying necessarily that the Zags got jobbed (although that screenshot might suggest differently), but that's the most egregious example.
Bingo, the answer is you really can't get a feel after awhile. That is, unless you know that's how it's gonna be called throughout, then you can adjust.

UNC's 6th title overall all, which is the 3rd most all time.

Looking at the title lists, it is pretty interesting:
UCLA: 11, but the most recent is 1995
Kentucky: 8, 3 since 1996
UNC: 6, 3 since 2005
Duke: 5, 3 since 2001
IU: 5, last one in 1987
UConn: 4, all since 1999
(Keep going and you find another nugget)
Arizona: 1 title ever - in 1997 - that's 20 years ago. The way those ****ers act, you would think they had more titles than UCLA. Hell, CU football has a national title within the last 30 years and you don't see us acting like we are one of the top 5 all time teams. Good lord.

UA is a side point though, UCLA and IU definitely appear to have passed the torch to UK, UNC, Duke, and UConn.

There are times when I wonder if we're not just better off bagging the refs altogether and letting coaches and players self police the game. They couldn't do any worse than last night Have a ref there on the sidelines for replay purposes. I think both teams were in the bonus with 13 minutes to go. That is beyond ridiculous. If they're going to call it that way then the bonus needs to be extended to 10 fouls.

The bad officiating hurt Gonzaga, but what jumped out at me as much or more was Karnowski missing all those short shots.

Zags will be back in the mix next year. At least to the Elite 8 and probably beyond.

Back