What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Nicholls Colonels (0-2) @ Colorado Buffaloes(2-1) Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice win Buffs. Pitched a shutout and padded the stats. Team seemed unfocused in the second qtr but that's understandable. Sefo was clearly having an issue, but still a pretty good QBR last 3 games.

Bring on the quackers!

Anyone not concerned with what they saw with Sefo today is grasping at straws, IMO. His shoulder is obviously in bad shape, or something was way off. His passes were simple passes that were getting air mailed by a mile. It wasn't just a couple passes. Let's hope another week of rest will do the trick for him.

He had a few bad throws for sure. I just love your anti-Sefo agenda that's been going on a while now. He's the guy this year and next whether you like it or not.
It isn't the bad throws for me, it's the lack of field awareness. I don't know if he ever does or even can go through progessions. He misses recognizing so many wide open receivers, it is just really frustrating. You can't see it on TV, but it's crystal clear at the game..

We could have handed the ball off 80 times today and still won easily. If Sefo is really that hurt, it makes no sense for him to play. None. We sat out other players who were not hurt. We didn't need Sefo to win this game. We need him going forward though.

His FG accuracy was a known issue before the season began. He's been better than expected in the other games but with an opportunity like today I would have liked to see them try our other scholarship kicker for the short to medium kicks to see if he's less of a heart attack in the making.
I'll disagree, unless something is horrendously wrong don't mess with the kicking game. By the notion DG is better than expected should let him keep his job without having any added pressures. FG kickers see so little of the field as is no need to rotate the position the best player should always play, even in scrubs time.

I'd imagine the docs told the staff that Sefo can't hurt his shoulder more that it already is. Since he's going to have to get used to playing with some pain, might as well let him make throws against a crappy team rather than sit out a week and come back against Oregon..

Last edited:
Oh I gotcha, it has to be one or the other. Next time you tell me to not speak in absolutes I'll refer you to this.

There was never a danger of us losing this game. Sefo did not practice this week. Why risk playing the QB with a pretty serious injury? I am honestly trying to understand it.

Happy with the defense-Nicholls should have been shutout, and they were. We got four more turnovers today. Offensively, I'm not concerned with Sefo's shoulder-let's keep in mind that he came back into the game last week immediately after it happened and promptly threw a 60 yard TD. Here's what frustrates me the most-the offense took an entire quarter off today. We get inside the Nicholls 10 twice........only to fumble once and then get stopped on 4th down. On top of that, Nicholls manages to take 30 yards in penalities on a different series........and we get a field goal out of it. What was 48-0 should have at least 65-0. That's inexcusable, and its on every starter, as well as Brian Lindgren. That CANNOT happen in conference play.

Well **** reading this you'd think its no problem at all throwing a ball wth a seperated shoulder without practicing all week.

OL and DL were awful? Seriously? We ran for 358 yards for a 5.97 YPC on 60 carries. The OL didn't give up a sack and was able to rotate a ton of guys in. The DL was down McCartney, Gilbert, and Jackson and substituted lots of guys in.
I gave him a pass (no pun intended) on his accuracy because of his shoulder. But I don't give him a pass (no pun intended) on not recognizing wide open guys time after time. And, sure, we had a lot of yards rushing, but make no mistake, we had a **** load of runs for no gain and with no push from the O line. The 59 yard run was mainly due to several broken tackles, not some great blocking by the O Line. And the defensive line gets absolutely no penetration. I hope not, but I suspect Oregon will take advantage on both sides of the ball.

Happy with the defense-Nicholls should have been shutout, and they were. We got four more turnovers today. Offensively, I'm not concerned with Sefo's shoulder-let's keep in mind that he came back into the game last week immediately after it happened and promptly threw a 60 yard TD. Here's what frustrates me the most-the offense took an entire quarter off today. We get inside the Nicholls 10 twice........only to fumble once and then get stopped on 4th down. On top of that, Nicholls manages to take 30 yards in penalities on a different series........and we get a field goal out of it. What was 48-0 should have at least 65-0. That's inexcusable, and its on every starter, as well as Brian Lindgren. That CANNOT happen in conference play.

I'll disagree, unless something is horrendously wrong don't mess with the kicking game. By the notion DG is better than expected should let him keep his job without having any added pressures. FG kickers see so little of the field as is no need to rotate the position the best player should always play, even in scrubs time.

Yes. I am also in "fix everything" mode coming off a 48-0 shutout because we managed to still **** so many things up that I'm still concerned this was the last win of 2015.

I gave him a pass (no pun intended) on his accuracy because of his shoulder. But I don't give him a pass (no pun intended) on not recognizing wide open guys time after time. And, sure, we had a lot of yards rushing, but make no mistake, we had a **** load of runs for no gain and with no push from the O line. The 59 yard run was mainly due to several broken tackles, not some great blocking by the O Line. And the defensive line gets absolutely no penetration. I hope not, but I suspect Oregon will take advantage on both sides of the ball.
You are aware we had a ton of backups on the DL going today, right? Gilbert was suspended for the 1st half. Franke didn't play. McCartney didn't play. Jackson didn't play. They had 166 total yards, 8 first downs, and pitched a shut out.

I'd like to start seeing our running backs be Adkins, Lindsay, and Carr. We also need to find a few carries for Lee as well as at wide receiver.

Powell can come in on passing downs when we need an extra blocker. We have too much talent at RB at this point to be giving carries to Powell if all the rest are not hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back