What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Nicholls Colonels (0-2) @ Colorado Buffaloes(2-1) Game Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have handed the ball off 80 times today and still won easily. If Sefo is really that hurt, it makes no sense for him to play. None. We sat out other players who were not hurt. We didn't need Sefo to win this game. We need him going forward though.
I feel like the former Illegal Jesus is speaking the gospel here.
image.jpg

It isn't the bad throws for me, it's the lack of field awareness. I don't know if he ever does or even can go through progessions. He misses recognizing so many wide open receivers, it is just really frustrating. You can't see it on TV, but it's crystal clear at the game..

THIS. Whatever excuses there are for Sefo's performance today, doesn't change the fact he has issues. He's a decent QB, nothing more. And far too often he's a liability. Now ask me about our backups. QB is dire. Is Aspay is the best next man up...DOOM.

I'm waiting for Syko to post his "that was our last win" thread; until then, I'm going to see the bright side. We emptied the bench today, the offense started hot, and the defense was very good considering who was sitting out. I'm wondering if we had punched it in on those two drives where we turned it over inside the 10, and the final score had been 62-0, if people would be more appeased. On to Oregon.

@duff based on your response to Sefo today it would seem you believe there is a very real, clear, and beneficial solution that is being overlooked. Would you care to share with the rest of us the JUCO or Grad that you have eyes on who will come in next year and lead us?

It's more so that Mac refuses to leave the position open for competition. Apsay and Gerhke should be getting more game snaps. It shouldn't have been 1/2 way thru the 3rd when that happened. They should have way more against UMASS as well. Coaches should also be bringing in a JUCO or transfer to compete for the starting job, not just proclaiming it Sefos.

@duff based on your response to Sefo today it would seem you believe there is a very real, clear, and beneficial solution that is being overlooked. Would you care to share with the rest of us the JUCO or Grad that you have eyes on who will come in next year and lead us?
I think the problem is that there is no real, clear and beneficial solution. At least not right now.

In fairness to Duff, he has been consistent. He badly wanted a JUCO quarterback signed for spring practices and made no secret of it. I assume that he'll be looking at the Vernon Adams, Greyson Lambert & Everett Golson types after this season.

It's more so that Mac refuses to leave the position open for competition. Apsay and Gerhke should be getting more game snaps. It shouldn't have been 1/2 way thru the 3rd when that happened. They should have way more against UMASS as well. Coaches should also be bringing in a JUCO or transfer to compete for the starting job, not just proclaiming it Sefos.
What gives Gherke and/or Apsay the right to get more game reps? Sefo is clearly head and shoulders above both of them. There is no open competition because Sefo has shut it down. You want to talk about bring in a David Fales type JUCO QB, fine. But stop bringing Apsay and Gherke into the conversation.

Reactions: aik
Good question

In fairness to Duff, he has been consistent. He badly wanted a JUCO quarterback signed for spring practices and made no secret of it. I assume that he'll be looking at the Vernon Adams, Greyson Lambert & Everett Golson types after this season.
I get that, but the three players you mentioned signed with Oregon, Georgia, and FSU. My question was who is the transfer or JUCO who is coming in here and giving us superior play to a four year starter?

What gives Gherke and/or Apsay the right to get more game reps? Sefo is clearly head and shoulders above both of them. There is no open competition because Sefo has shut it down. You want to talk about bring in a David Fales type JUCO QB, fine. But stop bringing Apsay and Gherke into the conversation.

Sefo needed to play most of the UMass game and into the second half today? Why? Not even advocating an open competition, but doesn't it seem prudent to get backups some quality snaps when the head coach admits the QB has a shoulder issue?

I get that, but the three players you mentioned signed with Oregon, Georgia, and FSU. My question was who is the transfer or JUCO who is coming in here and giving us superior play to a four year starter?

I don't even think the coaches are thinking about it. At all. That concerns me.

Sefo needed to play most of the UMass game and into the second half today? Why? Not even advocating an open competition, but doesn't it seem prudent to get backups some quality snaps when the head coach admits the QB has a shoulder issue?
Well, according to AB, Sefo is average to below average, at best, and needs all the reps he can get right?

I don't even think the coaches are thinking about it. At all. That concerns me.
I agree and I believe this is because Sefo will have run the offense for 4 years in 2016, not prolifically, but well enough. Who is the JUCO or Grad transfer that is going to come to Boulder that will be better? You don't even seem to have a wish list but want to blame the coaches for trotting Sefo out there every Saturday. I don't think that is really fair to Sefo or this staff.

My thought is keep trying to recruit the best QBs we can and in 2017 we see what Montez can do in a true zone read offense. But we don't leave ourselves with an empty cupboard at QB again.

Well, according to AB, Sefo is average to below average, at best, and needs all the reps he can get right?

Sigh. Do you not see an issue with the backups have attempted 10 total passes this season? The opportunity was there to get them reps and to get Sefo some needed rest? WTF?

Reactions: SBG
I agree and I believe this is because Sefo will have run the offense for 4 years in 2016, not prolifically, but well enough. Who is the JUCO or Grad transfer that is going to come to Boulder that will be better? You don't even seem to have a wish list but want to blame the coaches for trotting Sefo out there every Saturday. I don't think that is really fair to Sefo or this staff.

My thought is keep trying to recruit the best QBs we can and in 2017 we see what Montez can do in a true zone read offense. But we don't leave ourselves with an empty cupboard at QB again.

I am quite sure the coaches think this strategy is sound.

But it should scare the **** out of everyone.

Sigh. Do you not see an issue with the backups have attempted 10 total passes this season? The opportunity was there to get them reps and to get Sefo some needed rest? WTF?
No, I don't care at all if Apsay or Gherke would have gotten 3-4 more passing reps in a game situation. You are completely blowing the value of this out of proportion.

Again...the alternative? You seem content to be snarky but unwilling or unable to make suggestions. After a 48-0 win, BTW.

I could look up JUCO QBs for the rest of the weekend, but what's the point? You guys do not see a problem. If I suddenly posted a bunch of prospects, would that change your outlook? Doubtful.

I could look up JUCO QBs for the rest of the weekend, but what's the point? You guys do not see a problem. If I suddenly posted a bunch of prospects, would that change your outlook? Doubtful.
Probably not because I do not trust your scouting or talent evaluating ability more than Lindgren or MM. The issue is that it's all well and good to bitch about QB play in a private forum, but to be unable to suggest alternative options makes it just another thread to rip on the deficiencies of the team... After a 48-0 win, nonetheless

Probably not because I do not trust your scouting or talent evaluating ability more than Lindgren or MM. The issue is that it's all well and good to bitch about QB play in a private forum, but to be unable to suggest alternative options makes it just another thread to rip on the deficiencies of the team... After a 48-0 win, nonetheless

I ask a serious question here: what has Lindgren done to earn so much deference in QB evaluation? (Keep in mind he did not recruit Fales)

And let's be real, the issue is you and I are polar opposites on a lot of things. Nothing more.

I ask a serious question here: what has Lindgren done to earn so much deference in QB evaluation? (Keep in mind he did not recruit Fales)

And let's be real, the issue is you and I are polar opposites on a lot of things. Nothing more.
My serious answer would be that he has been around the game long enough and scouted enough talent to know what is good and what is bad. His (in)ability to attract some of the better options to CU is a separate discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back