What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Phillip Lindsay Really is the first undrafted rookie in the ProBowl Thread

Lindsey from his pro day thru the season has just seemed to have more explosiveness and speed.then I observed in college. Although he had plenty of big plays in college. One difference I perceive is that Lindsey seemed to at times initiate contact with defenders in college too often. In the pros he seems to explodes into the open space and not initiate contact. Lindsey was always good at CU and in the NFL in finding the holes between the tackles.

In the NFL he seems to have a very explosive change of direction step that I do not remember at CU.

I don't think there is any blame for anything. He had a great CU career and is starting strong in the pros. We should just enjoy it.
Same. In college, I recall him not having that next gear to run away from defenders. That could be why he frequently chose to engage them instead of trying to run away from them.

It’s been stated before but not getting a combine invite was the best thing that could have ever happened to PL. That ignited additional flames inside him. He dedicated his life to proving everyone wrong. He completely rebuilt his body. He is remarkably faster and stronger now than he was in college.

Lindsey from his pro day thru the season has just seemed to have more explosiveness and speed.then I observed in college. Although he had plenty of big plays in college. One difference I perceive is that Lindsey seemed to at times initiate contact with defenders in college too often. In the pros he seems to explodes into the open space and not initiate contact. Lindsey was always good at CU and in the NFL in finding the holes between the tackles.

In the NFL he seems to have a very explosive change of direction step that I do not remember at CU.

I don't think there is any blame for anything. He had a great CU career and is starting strong in the pros. We should just enjoy it.
Did you stop watching him after his sophomore year???

Same. In college, I recall him not having that next gear to run away from defenders. That could be why he frequently chose to engage them instead of trying to run away from them.

It’s been stated before but not getting a combine invite was the best thing that could have ever happened to PL. That ignited additional flames inside him. He dedicated his life to proving everyone wrong. He completely rebuilt his body. He is remarkably faster and stronger now than he was in college.
beaff8ad8c11beab46e66aa9ae76f60a.jpg

I watched him all four years in college. Do you have a point to make? Maybe you could elaborate.
He looks 100% identical to how he looked both his junior and senior seasons at CU. Go watch the Arizona game from his senior year, the USC game his junior year, then tell me there is a difference. There isn't.

He looks 100% identical to how he looked both his junior and senior seasons at CU. Go watch the Arizona game from his senior year, the USC game his junior year, then tell me there is a difference. There isn't.
This building theory that PL magically got way better in the 9 months after he graduated is weird to me. If anything, his performance here is even more impressive in hindsight. Guy was huge for us despite a collection of really terrible lines.

Exactly, his success with the Broncos emphasizes to me just how bad our offensive lines have been.

OL was a big factor. At CU Phil created a lot of his yardage running through defenders. They also called plays that used him like he was a 220lb power guy.

Broncos have run him headfirst into the defense a few times but Musgrave has done a good job of giving him the ball in situations where he has some room to work. Phil has found himself in a lot of plays where he has one defender unblocked but with space to work with. He has been winning more than his share of those situations.

We are biased so we want to see him as much as possible but limiting his hits is keeping him effective late in the season as other players including defenders are wearing down.

Fortunately with Freeman they have a guy who can take the hits and still be effective. The offense is effective with Freeman carrying the ball and then the tired defense seeing a fresh Phil in the second half sets up the opportunity for him to make his big plays.

Exactly, his success with the Broncos emphasizes to me just how bad our offensive lines have been.
That and having a scheme that does not utilize quick hitters and explosiveness in the run game. So much slow development instead of having the OL go forward while the RB is asked to find a hole, plant a foot and go.

I have always been a Hagan fan as a player, as a true Buff, and as a coach, but.....

I was usually pretty amazed at the lack of patience and vision that PL had in college.
Hagan is likely responsible for making him a good pass pro blocker, and yes he was a 5 ypc guy, but Phillip looks amazing in the NFL with blazing speed and way more patience and vision. Could it be play design? Sure, getting the ball handed off to you from a QB under center with pro linemen could help vision, timing, and blocks, but overall he just seems smoother.

I did not mean to dig on Hagan in a mean way, and Hagan deserves credit no doubt, just felt there was more meat on the bone for Phillip in college despite his obvious brilliant career.
Not trying to be a punk about it. Point taken, as there is often quite a bit on the field that doesn't always come across to a fan. I personally think PL has looked better physically each year. Prob in part to his injury healing, and in part to S&C development. I just love that he is a Bronco. Dude is a lion!

It shouldn't be overlooked that he was rehabbing his knee for at least the first two years of being in Boulder, and it was obvious that he was getting stronger and faster from sophomore to junior and junior to senior years. I remember him running away from the ASU defense in 2016 and wondering where the **** that came from.

I think it also speaks to the fact that Phil's dedication to the Buffs should be even more appreciated, because he could have shined on a national level in a different situation.

It shouldn't be overlooked that he was rehabbing his knee for at least the first two years of being in Boulder, and it was obvious that he was getting stronger and faster from sophomore to junior and junior to senior years. I remember him running away from the ASU defense in 2016 and wondering where the **** that came from.

I think it also speaks to the fact that Phil's dedication to the Buffs should be even more appreciated, because he could have shined on a national level in a different situation.
Phil's work with Landow Performance was key in him transforming into a ripped speed machine. No matter how good your S&C program is in college, you will never get where you can be until you are training full time. He put in the time and effort to go from a high level college body to a pro body and would have killed it at the combine.

I heard on one of the national shows that they clocked him at 22.5mph in one of his longer runs in the Steelers game. I believe they said it was the fastest they had clocked an RB this year. Sorry but I can't remember the show.

I heard on one of the national shows that they clocked him at 22.5mph in one of his longer runs in the Steelers game. I believe they said it was the fastest they had clocked an RB this year. Sorry but I can't remember the show.
It was ESPN - pretty sure they called that out during halftime or something.

PL is a phenomenal football player and young man. That kid approaches the game and life with 'heart' that is uncommon. Can't say enough about how much I appreciate and respect him.

No he's definitely faster now. I don't know how, but he is. It's remarkable.
I think the missing equation is Loren Landau. This guy is freaking amazing. He is the Broncos strength coach now but his private training business has been helping guys like Lindsay, Taven Bryan and a bevy of off-season NFL guys for several years now. I have my 14 year old with a Landau disciple and just a few months of the speed and flexibility training he does have already made a difference.

Back