What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread CU vs Oregon

The only environment that EWU played at above 5000ft VA didn't play in so who knows how his SC would affect him up here.

UMass left two players home because of SC and it being dangerous to their well being.
He missed that game due to injury and not any concern about altitude (per the espn write up). He's played at 4900 ft and there really isn't a difference between 4900 ft and 5400 ft. Again, he might miss this game but it won't have anything to do with altitude.

He missed that game due to injury and not any concern about altitude (per the espn write up). He's played at 4900 ft and there really isn't a difference between 4900 ft and 5400 ft. Again, he might miss this game but it won't have anything to do with altitude.
I didn't feel that bad for him.

Ryan Clark of the Steelers had to sit out games when they played the Broncos because of this. If VA has Sickle Cell, he should probably be kept on the sidelines. It could be life threatening.
That was a playoff game too if memory serves. The Tebow game I think?

Byron Marshall out for the year for the Ducks.

Nick-Frost-Thinks-Its-a-Shame-In-Hot-Fuzz-Gif.gif

Why would any coach or player risk serious health conditions on playing a football game? Just take a seat on the bench, dude.
You mean aside from every time they set foot on the field?

I'm with you here, though. "Kind of scared" is a funny choice of words.

Since he has played at altitude before as mentioned above, does that mean it doesn't effect him in that way or can it just creep up randomly on anyone with the trait?

I hope to see some tight ends catch some balls in the seem Saturday. Seems to me that Fields and Lee can spread the zone leaving the middle open.
Hope Sefo can get it done.

I hope to see some tight ends catch some balls in the seem Saturday. Seems to me that Fields and Lee can spread the zone leaving the middle open.
Hope Sefo can get it done.
This cannot continue to be the, mostly, Nelson Spruce show and, to a lesser degree, the Shay Fields show. We need to have and use more weapons in the passing game. That is what has been so damned frustrating so far.

I've watched a replay of all of our games so far and we have had opportunities for big plays up the middle of the field with our TE's. At some point you have to open that up. I am not sure if this is a design thing or Sefo thing.

Hell. Yes.

You can tell he wants an opportunity so bad. I've seen him visibly upset a few times when he was wide open.

While he may get irritated by those plays he gets missed on, I guarantee you he is a coach favorite. His down field blocking is about as good as it gets. The problem is that Bobo ends up being 3rd or 4th check down it seems. Sefo doesn't make it that far into his progressions typically. Hopefully they alter that a bit this weekend so that he is 1 or 2 because you are right he has been WIDE OPEN a lot this season.

I expect to see an expanded play book on Saturday. For the most part Buffs have played vanilla football so far.

While he may get irritated by those plays he gets missed on, I guarantee you he is a coach favorite. His down field blocking is about as good as it gets. The problem is that Bobo ends up being 3rd or 4th check down it seems. Sefo doesn't make it that far into his progressions typically. Hopefully they alter that a bit this weekend so that he is 1 or 2 because you are right he has been WIDE OPEN a lot this season.
Very good point. Its seems to be a 1-2 read and then tuck and run or freak out. I am sure this is being shown on film review. I'm excited to get Bobo going in the offense.

You have to think that he saw this on film. Obviously it is easier to spot open guys in the stands, but it is no secret he locked onto receivers last week. If you see that on film you have to make adjustments. But we are also in year 3 and it has been a common theme. Who knows.

You have to think that he saw this on film. Obviously it is easier to spot open guys in the stands, but it is no secret he locked onto receivers last week. If you see that on film you have to make adjustments. But we are also in year 3 and it has been a common theme. Who knows.

Last week was tough to judge for me because, well, Nicholls.

I think there is a definite weakness in Sefo's game where he doesn't make the small moves in the pocket to open up the line of site with his receivers. Probably why he ends up only going through 1 or 2 reads because he doesn't see the other 2 or 3. That's a coaching thing though and can be worked out.

Back