What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread CU vs Oregon

When I watch too notch QBs in various games they take the snap and just stand in the pocket calmly scanning the field. Maybe after 2 or 3 seconds they have to move but usually it is to step forward.

Sefo tends to take off immediately whether there is a rush or not. By the time he gets to look around the play is over and becomes ad lib.

Maybe this changes as the O line gets better at pass protection.

When I watch too notch QBs in various games they take the snap and just stand in the pocket calmly scanning the field. Maybe after 2 or 3 seconds they have to move but usually it is to step forward.

Sefo tends to take off immediately whether there is a rush or not. By the time he gets to look around the play is over and becomes ad lib.

Maybe this changes as the O line gets better at pass protection.
The past few games he has been better. I guess to sefo's credit he has a very good internal clock that tells him, 3sec time to go, but sometimes he just needs to wait. The pocket isn't collapsing all the time.

Can cause all kinds of issues at altitude. First would be severe and rapid cramping. Next would be spleen issues. Not good.

He played in Missoula, Pocatello, and other mountain areas. Does a couple thousand feet of elevation make that much of a difference? He played really well at altitude too in the past. He looks like a completely different person this year with his broken finger. #uck the Ducks.

Edit...looks like you mentioned this already. Is there a difference?

I was so excited about this ****ing game last night, I couldn't ****ing sleep. How long has it been since I felt this? 2005? Maybe moments in 2006 and 2007, briefly? I don't know. This isn't me predicting a win--I don't know what's going to happen. This is just be being excited to be excited.

I'm so ****ing fired up!

b892525ab7641c7fe0deca0a1251e87b.gif

He played in Missoula, Pocatello, and other mountain areas. Does a couple thousand feet of elevation make that much of a difference? He played really well at altitude too in the past. He looks like a completely different person this year with his broken finger. #uck the Ducks.

Edit...looks like you mentioned this already. Is there a difference?

I don't think whatever issues he has with sickle cell will matter....he's trying find another reason why he can't play-they can't play him unless his finger heals completely after that performance last week, and he knows that-they could barely get a first down with him in......and the one touchdown drive he led was like 11 yards.

I was so excited about this ****ing game last night, I couldn't ****ing sleep. How long has it been since I felt this? 2005? Maybe moments in 2006 and 2007, briefly? I don't know. This isn't me predicting a win--I don't know what's going to happen. This is just be being excited to be excited.

I'm so ****ing fired up!

I am struggling so hard to get excited about this game. The poor Buffs have broken my heart too many times. I will watch with fingers crossed.

Funny thing about the whole Vernon Adams altitude thing, Oregon live has an article about it, here. They say that he hasn't played above 3000 ft and he's really nervous. They seemed to have missed Montana State last year in Bozeman at 5000 ft.

Either it is what @ahoelsken says or they are just trying to find a good story on a Wednesday.

CB 1 Chris Seisay, out indefinitely (he did not play last weekend)
WR 1 Charles Nelson, questionable (arm in a sling during game, and mond/tues practices)
QB 1 Vernon Adams, questionable, Broken index finger

According to http://www.donbest.com/ncaaf/injuries/ which I have seen described as accurate on other websites has the injuries as follows:

CU
Addison Gillam, Doubful, Knee
Derek McCartney, Probable, Undisclosed
Sefo Liufau, Probable, Shoulder
Patrick Carr, Questionable, Undisclosed
Michael Adkins, Questionable, Hamstring

Oregon
WR Byron Marshall, Out, Leg
DL DeForest Buckner, Questionable, Foot
OL Doug Brenner, Questionable, Undisclosed
OL Tyrell Crosby, Questionable, Foot

So it looks like the site is missing a few injuries on the Oregon side, but still that is quite a lot of talent sitting on the bench for the ducks

Last edited:

I'm so ****ing fired up!

Feels damn good

I needed to make a purchase online and the only one I could find was in oregon..I am not buying it, **** oregon. I will wait till after we hopefully beat their ass.

Curtis Conway on Pac-12 Net talked about how being able to put size on the DL in front of the Ducks is a key to beating them. MSU and UU both showed that the ducks can be dominated up front by size.

Average Size MSU DL: 6'-3" 280
Average Size UU DL: 6'-3" 280
Average Size CU DL: 6'-3" 280

Don't have the time or desire to go through the roster and determine if Curtis Conway is correct, but I would think he would be for the Pac-12 Sports Report.

Curtis Conway on Pac-12 Net talked about how being able to put size on the DL in front of the Ducks is a key to beating them. MSU and UU both showed that the ducks can be dominated up front by size.

Average Size MSU DL: 6'-3" 280
Average Size UU DL: 6'-3" 280
Average Size CU DL: 6'-3" 280

Don't have the time or desire to go through the roster and determine if Curtis Conway is correct, but I would think he would be for the Pac-12 Sports Report.
Matthewes is smaller. Any word on Jackson?

PSGZQWNRPKWOXYO.20150929223847.jpg

Matthewes is smaller. Any word on Jackson?

PSGZQWNRPKWOXYO.20150929223847.jpg

Not that I have found. I would assume he, like McCartney will be playing. Matthewes may be smaller, but he has the motor to make up for it. Really excited about him and his style of play.

Not that I have found. I would assume he, like McCartney will be playing. Matthewes may be smaller, but he has the motor to make up for it. Really excited about him and his style of play.
I was just reading the article about him over on cubuffs.com

Got me fired up.

We're larger up front when you consider Jackson, Solis and Carrell, but smaller when you factor in the others.

I was just reading the article about him over on cubuffs.com

Got me fired up.

We're larger up front when you consider Jackson, Solis and Carrell, but smaller when you factor in the others.

Agree. Going to need all the big boys Saturday. The more information I gather about this game the more I get excited for an upset this weekend. Hope is stupid.

These three stats have to end Saturday night. Makes my eyes hurt seeing them. If I was coach, I would put that up in every locker.
4-32
1-17
11 in a row

Last edited:
These three stats have to end Saturday night. Makes my eyes hurt seeing them. If I was coach, I would put that up in every locker.
4-32
1-12
11 in a row
Wait, what's the middle number? I know the first one is the Pac-12 conference record and the third one is the current conference losing streak.

I've been wearing my new CU hat my wife bought me at Kohls all week.
It's the gold color with black CU on the front and buffalo on the back and says BUFFS on the side panel.
It looks sweet.

I am FIRED up here, cannot WAIT for this game. I just hate that after college FB is done on saturday the weekend
is pretty much done.

Back