What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pre-Game Thread: CU @ Zona at 8:30 PM MT on Friday November 2 (FS1)

The offense is NOT worse than 2016.
I don't see that happening. We have maybe 1 or 2 draftable (not high ones either) guys in the secondary. When we barely beat them, we had 4, with several high end guys.

And our offense is worse than 2016. Yeesh

Does everyone realize how Turnover Free this team and Steven Montez have played this year? We should not lose any games that we have zero turnovers! I do feel like he needs to be taught or allowed to try a few more back shoulder or jump ball type throws and take a way more shots over the middle. The middle vertical routes have got to be open, just like we saw all night in the San Fran game. Nice looking offense from Shanny Jr opening up that shallow middle for verticals.

Maybe....never thought of that!

When I was a teacher, one of my student’s parents told the kid I looked like a guy he served with in the Navy SEALs. That morphed into the kid telling all of his classmates that I served with the guy’s father as a SEAL. It was an all boys school and respect mattered, so I never denied the rumor. It helped me in disciplining the kids substantially.

When I was a teacher, one of my student’s parents told the kid I looked like a guy he served with in the Navy SEALs. That morphed into the kid telling all of his classmates that I served with the guy’s father as a SEAL. It was an all boys school and respect mattered, so I never denied the rumor. It helped me in disciplining the kids substantially.

Manhattanbuf be like...
2722m3.jpg

As it pertains to the game tonight, how worried are we about Tate on the zone read? Admittedly, I haven't watched many (any?) Zona games this year, but his highest rushing total in a single game this year has been 13. Every other game he's played in he's rushed for 8 or fewer times and he hasn't rushed for more than 40 yards.

As it pertains to the game tonight, how worried are we about Tate on the zone read? Admittedly, I haven't watched many (any?) Zona games this year, but his highest rushing total in a single game this year has been 13. Every other game he's played in he's rushed for 8 or fewer times and he hasn't rushed for more than 40 yards.
Not worried. They don’t run it much at all any more.

Enjoy the game. I won't be watching. I've f ucking had it with goddam WACIntyre. I haven't been this pissed since the beta version of MMac (aka Hawkins) lost to KSU.

In the games I've seen, parts of them, they haven't ran much zone read. I don't know if it's been like that in all the games, the ones he's played in, anyway. He got most of his rushing yards off broken plays or when the pocket collapsed.

Not worried. They don’t run it much at all any more.

In the games I've seen, parts of them, they haven't ran much zone read. I don't know if it's been like that in all the games, the ones he's played in, anyway. He got most of his rushing yards off broken plays or when the pocket collapsed.
Nice to know Sumlin actively decided not to put them in the best position to win games. If he's not a running threat tonight, I think CU wins.

Nice to know Sumlin actively decided not to put them in the best position to win games. If he's not a running threat tonight, I think CU wins.
I still don't think he's 100% yet either. I saw him favor his ankle more than once in the Oregon game. Still moving around pretty well, though.

It's not necessarily Sumlin. Some 'insiders' have stated that someone outside of the program has Tate's ear and has steered him towards being a pocket passer which Tate believes is the pathway to the NFL.

It's not necessarily Sumlin. Some 'insiders' have stated that someone outside of the program has Tate's ear and has steered him towards being a pocket passer which Tate believes is the pathway to the NFL.
Wouldn't surprise me since he was so adamant about not wanting the Navy coach and more of a run focused offense.

Wasn’t all this mostly bc he was injured? And now, not injured as much?

Back