What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official RPI Watch 2014-15

Very pleasant surprise. USC has 2 true road wins already...

Now if UGA can take care of business against Seton Hall.

UGA looks really good so far. 27-11 at 8:10 in the 1st. ESPNU if anyone is looking for it.

Utah handled UNLV 59-46. UNLV just flat out sucks. Dave Rice makes Dawkins look competent.

Arizona, Utah and Washington are the clear Pac Dance squads. Finding the 4th is the mystery. CU, UCLA, Stanford have not done squat OOC.
4th is Cal imo.

4th is Cal imo.

You could make an argument for a host of sides. Cal's record is pretty. How they got many of those wins isn't. Cal looked bad in close wins over Montana, Princeton, Fresno and Nevada. Syracuse and Wyo are better OOC wins than CU, UCLA and Stanford currently have to offer, albeit nothing spectacular (Cuse may not even be a Dance squad this season) Based on pure current resume, Cal probably is 4th.

Last edited:
You could make an argument for a host of sides. Cal's record is pretty. How they got many of those wins isn't. Cal looked bad in close wins over Montana, Princeton, Fresno and Nevada.
At this point you almost have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Decent wins over Syracuse, Eastern Washington, and Wyoming and their only loss is to a good Texas team.

At this point you almost have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Decent wins over Syracuse, Eastern Washington, and Wyoming and their only loss is to a good Texas team.

Yup. See my above edit. Their current resume is 4th. No disagreement there. I think where we differ is whether they'll actually be 4th in the end. Although with UCLA, CU and Stanford looking shaky, it's possible. Hope we aren't a 3 bid league…very well could be at this rate.

Monday:

Our Buffs (6-3) face DePaul (6-4) (Honolulu, HI): Simply a "must win". DePaul is not good. Worst team in the Big East. Yes, they beat Stanford by 15. They also lost to Oregon State by 31 and Lehigh by 12. Their RPI is currently 198. A loss would be beyond disastrous. Buffs are 8.5 point favorites. Take care of business dammit.

George Washington (6-3) vs Ohio (3-4) (Honolulu, HI): We'll be facing the winner/loser of this game depending on how we do. GW is a solid upper-tier A10 side. It would be a surprise if Ohio pulled the upset. We really, really, really need to face George Washington with their 33 RPI and not Ohio. GW is favored by 7.5.

Colorado State (11-0) vs Charleston Southern (5-4): Charleston Southern does have an upset at Ole Miss under their belt, but Colorado St should roll these guys before a fairly tricky trip to New Mexico St in Las Cruces to wrap up their OOC.

Cal (10-1) vs #5 Wisconsin (10-1): Obviously a huge opportunity for Cal here. Upset over Wisconsin would be a resume maker. Cal has looked shaky against some bad teams lately, but they've kept on winning. Wisconsin's only loss is to Duke and they have nice wins over Oklahoma and Georgetown both on neutral courts. Badgers are favored by 8.5.

Northern Colorado (5-5) vs UC-Davis (8-1): UC-Davis is fresh off an 81-75 win at Air Force so I'm a bit surprised to see UNC as 3 point favorites in this one. This would be a nice win for UNC if they can get it.

Air Force (6-4) vs Jacksonville State (7-5): Conversely, Jacksonville St just lost 69-60 at Northern Colorado. Air Force has got to beat these guys. Can't lose back to back home games against teams of this caliber. Falcons favored by 10.5.

Oregon (8-3) vs UC-Santa Barbara (5-5): UCSB is a very solid program and they're better than their record shows. 2 point loss to Colorado St, OT loss to @ SMU, played Kansas very tough in Phog. Oregon is probably going to have their hands full. Ducks are favored by 7.5. Oregon is so inconsistent. You never really know with them.

#11 Wichita State (8-1) vs Loyola Marymount (3-6) (Honolulu, HI): Of all the first round Diamond Head Classic games, this one seems the truest lock. Shockers should steamroll this Loyola Marymount side which is probably the worst WCC team.

Nebraska (6-3) @ Hawaii (8-3): I believe this qualifies as a home game for Hawaii despite being part of the Diamond Head Classic? ESPN is listing it as such. Anyway, this is a really dangerous game for Nebraska. Corn were supposed to be a top 25 team and instead have struggled, including a loss to Incarnate Word. Nebraska is certainly a very capable and dangerous side if they click, but they clearly haven't yet. Hawaii is a tough out on the islands -- already beat Pittsburgh there this season. Corn are favored by 6.5, but this one certainly is the best chance of a first round Diamond Head upset.

#16 Washington (10-0) vs Tulane (9-1): Tulane's 9-1 record is hollow. Green Wave have played no one and got killed by a bad Wake Forest side. They've won 9 in a row and have momentum, but at the end of the day Washington would have to be completely hungover from their big win over Oklahoma to blow this. Tulane was picked last in the AAC preseason.

#6 Wisconsin @ 10-1 Cal on ESPN2 has Bill Walton doing the broadcast. I think I'll pour myself a Scotch and settle in. Merry Christmas, indeed.

#6 Wisconsin @ 10-1 Cal on ESPN2 has Bill Walton doing the broadcast. I think I'll pour myself a Scotch and settle in. Merry Christmas, indeed.
Is it just me, or is the audio mix really weird? The announcers' mikes seem really low and the crowd noise seems really high. Gotta turn it way up to hear the commentary.

CSU stays undefeated.

AFA, Oregon and UNCo in dog fights coming out of the half in their games.

Cal looks overmatched against Wisconsin.

Oregon wins by 4 in OT.

fwiw, I don't think that Joseph Young was touched on the brick he put up with 2 seconds left. He made 1 of 2 to send it to OT.

Tough opponent for Washington tonight. This is the best Green Wave team since the early 90s.

I just saw something I'll probably never see again in a basketball game. Hell, I'll probably never see it playing in my driveway.

Dude from Washington threw up a teardrop. It was so soft on the rim that it ended up coming to rest on the back iron and just stayed there.

Tough opponent for Washington tonight. This is the best Green Wave team since the early 90s.

Good god, how bad has Tulane been? This squad has been taking the "TCU" path for their record and were picked last in the AAC preseason, I believe. I expected a Washington hangover tonight so won't judge much.

Tuesday:

Our Buffs (7-3) face George Washington (7-3) (Honolulu, HI): Here's a chance for a quality win. GW's RPI is currently 41 and they'll be hanging around there all season. GW was a Big Dance team last year and should be again this year. Picked 2nd in the A10 preseason. Limiting 6'10 Kevin Larsen is key. Josh needs to wake up and step up tomorrow. XJ will likely battle with Patricio Garino, GW's leading scorer at over 15 ppg. These guys aren't good shooters from deep (in fact, they've been awful), but freshman Yuta Wantanabe is 6'8 and can sneak out and kill you from 3 if you aren't careful. This is a good team. By no means unbeatable and I don't think it's a bad matchup for us on paper. In terms of common opponents, GW beat DePaul 81-68 at home while we beat DePaul 82-68 on a neutral court. GW needs a quality OOC win just like we do. GW will be physical. This is a stingy D and we'll need to crash the boards hard. Both teams know the importance of this one.

DePaul (6-5) vs Ohio (3-5) (Honolulu, HI): Two bad teams to be frank. DePaul really should win this one but it's probably going to be a close game. We need DePaul to get some wins and get their RPI as healthy as possible.

Arizona State (6-5) vs Detroit (6-6): Dangerous game for ASU. Detroit is nothing great, but they're an upper level Horizon League team who is plenty capable of beating a bottom-level power conference squad like ASU. ASU is coming off a 3OT loss to Lehigh. Good chance this is a close one.

Stanford (6-3) @ #9 Texas (10-1): Can't fault Stanford for playing a tough OOC. Duke, BYU and now Texas. They just haven't won any and have no quality wins yet. Stanford has not been playing well lately. An upset win in Austin would be a season-changing resume maker. It's highly unlikely, though. The Longhorns only loss was at Kentucky and they have wins over Iowa, UConn and Cal all away from home. Stanford occasionally unexpectedly shows up and hangs with the big boys, but with this game in Austin, Stanford winning would be a shock. Last chance for a quality OOC win for Furd. Their win over UNLV isn't going to be worth hardly anything given what a disaster UNLV is.

Auburn (5-5) vs Texas Southern (2-8): Texas Southern is coming off a win at Michigan State (yes, you read correctly). However, Auburn simply has to beat a 2-8 SWAC team. Auburn is coming off a very nice win over Xavier, perhaps showing they're improving and will be a mid-tier SEC squad who can give us some RPI help. One can hope.

#14 Utah (8-2) vs South Dakota State (9-3): South Dakota State isn't what they were in the Nate Wolters days. They're not a total pushover, just won at Utah State and also have won at Saint Louis. However, Utes should be able to win this one comfortably.

Wyoming (10-2) @ Montana State (3-8): Apparently scrambling to add a few more RPI 300 level teams to ruin their RPI, Wyoming is playing Montana State yet again. These teams played a week ago in Laramie, with Wyoming winning 70-61. If Montana St isn't the worst Big Sky team, they're damn close. Wyoming should win comfortably, but they did look awful against them last week. A loss here for Wyo would be an RPI disaster. Montana State is 282...

#3 Arizona (12-0) @ UNLV (7-3): UNLV's 3 losses have all come to Pac teams. Lost by 29 to Stanford, 22 to ASU and 13 to Utah. Their wins have been scraping out ugly narrow wins over cupcakes. UNLV is a mess right now. Arizona is coming off a 60-55 win over a UTEP side that gave them a run for their money. Given how poorly UNLV has been playing, Arizona should win comfortably. UNLV really should not be this bad given their tradition and personnel, but they are a mess under clueless Dave Rice.

I just saw something I'll probably never see again in a basketball game. Hell, I'll probably never see it playing in my driveway.

Dude from Washington threw up a teardrop. It was so soft on the rim that it ended up coming to rest on the back iron and just stayed there.

I've seen that once in a random high school game, can't even remember the game now. That is a rare thing to see though. Awesome.

Furd @ the Whorns is a damn good game ... Card up by 2 with 56 seconds left.

Excellent win by Stanford in Austin.

Great for the conference, RPI etc. :thumbsup:

How far does the transitive property work as to RPI ... given that we beat the team that beat the team that just beat the 9th ranked team on the road? :lol:

Back