What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

Which is why I will pass . Hey Rick George, are fans important? Open up practice and let the press have access .Fire the goofy "reporters" that report on cubuffs.com. We are not retarded . Fire Plati too. You are wasting both my tax payer money and my donations to the AD.

Fix it Rick.

The closed practices thing is up to RG? interesting

Yes that line was pretty offensive.

I like HCMM but if he ends up getting fired I think it will be easy to trace directly to his failure to effectively recruit HS players on the Offensive and Defensive lines.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Complain about people wanting RG to be more hands-on... bash him when he cedes to MM on closing most practices.
I’m sure if RG thought overruling Mac on this issue was going to actually move the needle with marketing, $$$, fan interest, etc, he would do it. He knows that outside of the handful of die hards, nobody in this fanbase notices or cares that practices are closed.

I’m sure if RG thought overruling Mac on this issue was going to actually move the needle with marketing, $$$, fan interest, etc, he would do it. He knows that outside of the handful of die hards, nobody in this fanbase notices or cares that practices are closed.
I consider myself a die hard and practice does nothing for me.

My point is people have gotten bent out of shape about RG having much say in how MM manages his coaching staff, but he is supposed to lay down the law on who can watch practices? Huh?

they should let actual press, not just the guys they pay, into pretty much all the practices. we have no idea how the team really looks. this leads to huge disconnects between expectations of the fans and public and the realities of the state of the program. this has been true at CU for quite some time.

mm doesn't like access, neither does plati. i get all that. if you win at the level of saban and parcels and belichek then you can be a dick to the media. if you do not (and have not, for years and years), then you need to play nicer with the people who support you and the journalists who cover you.

oh, and i think more access and a little friendlier attitude toward the press might actually help chip away at the perception of CU as "otherly" from the rest of the state.

oh, and maybe we'd pull a few more fans in, even if they attended school out of state and then moved here.

MM is going into bunker mode. We saw this with Hawkins. I don't think MM is anything like Hawkins, but he knows his back is against the wall. In MM's mind, he needs to control all access and information leaked to limit the scrutiny. I get it, but does make it frustrating as a fan who truly cares about the program. There are certain things you can do to give access to your most loyal fan base.

MM is going into bunker mode. We saw this with Hawkins. I don't think MM is anything like Hawkins, but he knows his back is against the wall. In MM's mind, he needs to control all access and information leaked to limit the scrutiny. I get it, but does make it frustrating as a fan who truly cares about the program. There are certain things you can do to give access to your most loyal fan base.
It has always been like this with Mac, nothing new.

He hasn't always banned media from practices. Not true at all. This started last fall
Nah man, spring practices have been closed for atleast 3 straight years now. Fall practices have been similar where one or two have been open (this includes the fall scrimmage). I remember I went to one in August of 2015 because it was one of two open for the entire fall training camp schedule.

I consider myself a die hard and practice does nothing for me.
Same here. I consider most everybody who regularly posts here a die hard fan and I’m willing to bet less than half would actually attend 1 open practice. The non-CU employed media being barred from practice is the worst part and what really matters.
I consider myself a diehard fan and could care less about practice open or closed. Anything that helps our team win, is where I am. Now if I lived there in Boulder and could attend a practice without to much effort? I would view differently more than likely.

My point is people have gotten bent out of shape about RG having much say in how MM manages his coaching staff, but he is supposed to lay down the law on who can watch practices? Huh?
The whole media thing is RG. Absolutely.

Setting policy on open practice is also an AD decision. HC all want closed practices and to not deal with the media .

Selecting assistant coaches? Come on .

Nah man, spring practices have been closed for atleast 3 straight years now. Fall practices have been similar where one or two have been open (this includes the fall scrimmage). I remember I went to one in August of 2015 because it was one of two open for the entire fall training camp schedule.
Again, I am discussing credentialed media like 247. He started blocking them this last fall and has lead to only sunshine pumping. I personally don't care either way if he closes it down to fans or not. We got tons of info from Adam in previous years from spring and fall practices.

Hey guys, I've been off the boards for a while. Sorry if the answer to my question has been addressed somewhere else, but what's the current situation with Anthony Julmiesse? Is he back, or gone forever?

Again, I am discussing credentialed media like 247. He started blocking them this last fall and has lead to only sunshine pumping. I personally don't care either way if he closes it down to fans or not. We got tons of info from Adam in previous years from spring and fall practices.
I wish somebody would do s survey of open vs closed practices in D1 football. Spring and fall camp.

I wish somebody would do s survey of open vs closed practices in D1 football. Spring and fall camp.
giphy.gif

Question for the most connected fans:

How many total players do we have in the program right now heading into tomorrows Spring Showcase Event Parade Concert Gala Non-Game?

I was wondering how deep the walk on program actually is because that is what would help the Spring Game come back. The Starters and most important players should maybe play like 1 quarter, and then you let everyone else play right down to the very last walk on, so that they get their moment on Folsom. Why has that become so hard to do these days?

Adam hasn't had access for atleast the last two spring and falls that I know of for sure. It has been a constant issue for him but he got information from other sources.

Question for the most connected fans:

How many total players do we have in the program right now heading into tomorrows Spring Showcase Event Parade Concert Gala Non-Game?

I was wondering how deep the walk on program actually is because that is what would help the Spring Game come back. The Starters and most important players should maybe play like 1 quarter, and then you let everyone else play right down to the very last walk on, so that they get their moment on Folsom. Why has that become so hard to do these days?
Disagree.

The 1s need reps especially tempo O. Numerous posution units need to find out who the players are, most importantly OL, RB, DL and LBs.

They practiced special situations in Folsom recently. Young guys got their feet wet in the big stadium.

There is too much to do not to let the 1s and select 2s get substantial snaps tomorrow in my opinion.

The whole media thing is RG. Absolutely.

Setting policy on open practice is also an AD decision. HC all want closed practices and to not deal with the media .

Selecting assistant coaches? Come on .

Never said he should be selecting assistant coaches, but he should be having that conversation with MM every offseason.

Why is open practices an AD decision?

Never said he should be selecting assistant coaches, but he should be having that conversation with MM every offseason.

Why is open practices an AD decision?
It isn't.

Maybe buffaholic is saying tat RG should take practice access decisions away from CU coaches, making the policy at the AD level?

It isn't.

Maybe buffaholic is saying tat RG should take practice access decisions away from CU coaches, making the policy at the AD level?

He is definitely saying that, but not sure I understand the reasoning.

I don't get this focusing by the "fans" on practices being closed. For awhile, almost all the practices were open and I went to a few. Boring. Very sparsely attended. So the only people that would go then may be the ones that want to scout for information. Having open practices is not going to increase attendance to games or add more interest and investment in the team. Conversely, are you not going to go the games because you feel left out of the practice?!?! Makes more sense to me not to allow access and keep information, personnel, plays and strategy within. What other industry or business would open their doors and meetings to outside interests?

Back