What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas State Game Thread

He should have been let go after each of the last two years. He isn't a good play caller.
He occasionally gets into a flow, and it's pretty good; then he overthinks it and no one can figure out wtf he's thinking.

There's really only one change from last year... has Montez been overrated?

Our offense in the second half of last year wasn't anything special. We were lucky to play Arizona and Arizona State. Even in those games we looked very inconsistent.

If Montez is at fault, then the blame still goes to Lindgren. He's been here 3 years and still looks like a player with a bunch of tools and little ideas how to use them.

OL looks awful though.

This is way too early to declare for sure, but has Montez improved since last year? Honestly doesn't look much different so far

In the run game for sure and maybe Frazier being out is hurting this team right now as well, but the passing game just hasn't been clicking against poor defenses.

Because there nothing happening in the middle of the field most of the time. Somehow the coaches have convinced themselves and fans that the TE being a complete non-factor is not a red flag.

This is way too early to declare for sure, but has Montez improved since last year? Honestly doesn't look much different so far
I also don't know what's happened to him being a running threat. They were fine with pounding Sefo 15 times a game last year, but so far, Montez hasn't needed to be accounted for in the run game

Yes. And yes.

Disagree, the Talent is obviously dynamic, that is obvious.
The problem is how the talent is place within the system. I was sold on the Texas Tech system and concepts and believe they will work here. This is not that system, in fact, I cannot tell what it is right now at all. Going faster is not the Texas Tech system, it is just a hurry up. Short and simple passes to play makers with creativity, as well as running the ball against the weakness in the defense is some of it. I now have ZERO confidence in Lindgren that he can create and call a powerful offense! He can coach QB's and that is it. I said it many times, this is a High School offense at best, not a top flight college system. Must fix that right now.

If there is a chance that we are willingly playing conservative in this game and will do the same next week, that is a really dumb option because we need to run all the plays in the playbook in order to sort out what works. Washington will be ready for everything we have, so it does not matter if we show it. I also cannot stand having Montez spend so much time scanning his reads when you should have 1 or maybe 2 quick options that can help you pick up 3rd and 6. Montez always wants to throw the home run and does not focus on the basics. I am anxious to see Noyer take some snaps.

a62a93f93010826d4e3a662fe93e68677cc9c4eefa491f0bd4910b6801792f08.jpg

I also don't know what's happened to him being a running threat. They were fine with pounding Sefo 15 times a game last year, but so far, Montez hasn't needed to be accounted for in the run game

Yeah.. I guess we can hopefully chalk that up to going vanilla and not wanting to risk Montez getting injured. Hopefully we haven't ditched the RPO and spread option stuff.

That 3rd down pass to Bobo was not necessary. I don't get how Montez can sometimes be successful extending the play (TD pass to Shay last week), and then he can then freak out and make poor decisions other times.

O play calling also focused on not running Montez it would seem. Gotta keep him healthy for the meaningful games.

Back