What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official time for Jon Embree to RESIGN Thread

If Embree loves this program as much as he claims, he'll step down. This is why you don't make Tight End coaches your HC

FIRE HIM! This program is a joke and he looks flat out clueless on the sidelines. Always pissed/confused with never any answers. We're young, fine. But we shouldn't be losing to CSU and Sac St - period. We definitely shouldn't be getting pushed around by these schools. No adjustments and terrible play calling. Embree is just a sitting duck at this point. Only a matter of time before the plug is pulled...and like others say, it will probably be a few seasons unfortunately.

This administration does not care about this loss....probably did not know there was a game today.

His tenure from here on out is merely a formality. But we'll probably give him 5 years because our administration doesn't care about winning.

HWSNBN won 6 games including CSU, Fing OKLAHOMA and Nebraska in year 2 with a freshman Cody at QB. Since im
on a phone that's all I'll say.

I'd rather not have a coach than have those ****ing ******s out there for another game.

The hole is deep. Every second Embree stays it gets deeper. The players know the score. They know they're not being led properly. They're not being prepared. They're not being put in a position to make plays and win football games. Every second that goes by they are allowed to think that losing is acceptable. They are allowed to believe that it's OK to be incompetent in your job because doing so has no consequences. You fire Embree this very second for that reason alone. The season is shot. It doesn't make any difference at this point.

The hole is deep. Every second Embree stays it gets deeper. The players know the score. They know they're not being led properly. They're not being prepared. They're not being put in a position to make plays and win football games. Every second that goes by they are allowed to think that losing is acceptable. They are allowed to believe that it's OK to be incompetent in your job because doing so has no consequences. You fire Embree this very second for that reason alone. The season is shot. It doesn't make any difference at this point.

At this point in time, I worry about some of our more talented freshman leaving for greener pastures. Kids want to play for winners. Kids want to play in a bowl game.

wow I don't even know what to say about this... I have not been this low on the program.... well ever but right now there needs to be change. It was nice that BumEmbree brought back traditions and that **** but to lose to CSEWE and Sac St back to back, wow I have lost all hope. I thought I had enough kool aid for the year but this is to much, i used the rest of that kool aid to wash down some crappy vodka and today. LETS GO TAD AND MENS BASKETBALL!!!

At this point in time, I worry about some of our more talented freshman leaving for greener pastures. Kids want to play for winners. Kids want to play in a bowl game.

If I were these kids and had the chance I would leave, its not like there is any promise for a winning future here.

wow I don't even know what to say about this... I have not been this low on the program.... well ever but right now there needs to be change. It was nice that BumEmbree brought back traditions and that **** but to lose to CSEWE and Sac St back to back, wow I have lost all hope. I thought I had enough kool aid for the year but this is to much, i used the rest of that kool aid to wash down some crappy vodka and today. LETS GO TAD AND MENS BASKETBALL!!!

As bad as you feel, JE feels worse. He bleeds Black and Gold, but the man was set up to fail. Put the heat where it belongs. DicSteffano needs to step down.

As bad as you feel, JE feels worse. He bleeds Black and Gold, but the man was set up to fail. Put the heat where it belongs. DicSteffano needs to step down.

No one from Benson on down gets a pass, but let's be real too. Jon Embree did not lose today because he was set up to fail. He lost today because he is in over his head and happens to be the head coach at the only school which would actually hire him to that position.

Agree....he should feel bad. He now knows he does not have what it takes to coach the BUffs. Walk away.

I'm sure bumbleBree feels bad; his job is on the line AND he's a BUFF. But just like he's realizing Webb has his limitations, he needs to also see that has his limits as well.
Bendover, dicstuffanut, and Bohnhead all need to be fired. This place needs an enema. I'm glad JE brought some tradition, BUT the one most important tradition he will not bring back is the WINNING TRADITION.

Time for him to go.

No one from Benson on down gets a pass, but let's be real too. Jon Embree did not lose today because he was set up to fail. He lost today because he is in over his head and happens to be the head coach at the only school which would actually hire him to that position.

There is a reason that Benson's office is in Denver instead of Boulder. DicSteffano is the reason that we hired JE, based on financial cost instead of track record; and the reason that Hawkins was given another year, after it was obvious to Stevie Wonder that he wasnt fit to be a HC. JE would have been a fool to turn down his dream job, and he was willing to take the chance. Nick Saban would be in over his head with the shambles that the program has become.

There is a reason that Benson's office is in Denver instead of Boulder. DicSteffano is the reason that we hired JE, based on financial cost instead of track record; and the reason that Hawkins was given another year, after it was obvious to Stevie Wonder that he wasnt fit to be a HC. JE would have been a fool to turn down his dream job, and he was willing to take the chance. Nick Saban would be in over his head with the shambles that the program has become.

What part of no one gets a pass do you not understand?

I'm supposed to be grateful Jon Embree took on the challenge he can't handle? Odd.

I don't blame Embree for taking his dream job, but I do blame him for this team looking like dogsh!t. Nick Saban damn sure would have found a way to beat Sac St. at home.

What part of no one gets a pass do you not understand?

I'm supposed to be grateful Jon Embree took on the challenge he can't handle? Odd.

He has given more to the program than anyone on here. Give him some respect. He may not deserve to keep his job, but he doesnt deserve to be called a bum. I guess he should have stepped aside so one of the legends clamoring for the job could step in.

Maybe the ticket office becoming a graveyard for ticket sales for the rest of the season will force them to make it a "business" decision. I don't think any potential hires can fault a school for firing a head coach who can't beat really bad FCS teams. That should qualify as a fire-able offense.

Nick Saban would not have been in over his head here. He would have beat WSU and Cal and he wouldn't be 0-2 so far this season. That's just stupid to think that a man who has three national titles, a great defense, a extremely disciplined team, and whatever else would be over his head.

He has given more to the program than anyone on here. Give him some respect. He may not deserve to keep his job, but he doesnt deserve to be called a bum. I guess he should have stepped aside so one of the legends clamoring for the job could step in.

Today's loss was a joke. I gave Embree benefit of the doubt against CSU but Sac State at home in your 2nd year after you are up 14-0 in the game? C'mon. Good coaches don't lose games like this.

I am more than willing to give him respect. But I also want to stop hearing about how much he loves the Buffs every time criticism is lobbed his way as well. Two completely separate issues.

I am under no illusion that anything will change after this season. I think realistically Embree will get 2013 as a last shot. Either way, there need to be a lot of changes made in several areas if CU wants to get serious about winning in football.

Back