What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official UCLA @ Colorado 2014 Football Game thread***

Another moral victory. This team amazing. Chicken **** fg on 4th and 1. rb just ran 9 yds on two carries, how about running it again of ANOTHER sefo incompletion? End of the first half is on sefo. CU could have won in regulation. Another loss, this team could be 5-3 and 1 win away from a BOWL GAME. Same old buffs.

Horse ****, of course we're vastly improved, but we are setting an NCAA record on squandered opportunities. This is beyond frustrating.

After the luck we have had I seriously would have taken the first OT as all 4th down territory. Score the TD and win the game. I hate conservative play calling. Would rather lose because we are playing with some big balls.

Another moral victory. This team amazing. Chicken **** fg on 4th and 1. rb just ran 9 yds on two carries, how about running it again of ANOTHER sefo incompletion? End of the first half is on sefo. CU could have won in regulation. Another loss, this team could be 5-3 and 1 win away from a BOWL GAME. Same old buffs.

I feel your pain. That win would have been great... Not to mention Cal, OrSt, CSU which were all winnable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand it is frustrating as hell. I also know the last time UCLA was here I left just after half as my family all wanted to leave and had already went to the car. THis time, UCLA is ranked and we take them to double OT before losing.

Other than last week, it's not the 'same old Buffs'.

Our late game/OT strategy only makes sense if we're fielding Stanford's D. MacIntyre needs to pull the trigger on O and let a Sefo prove one way or another if he can come thru in the clutch...

Right now he seems pretty damn anti-clutch, but if he doesn't implode down the stretch, staying with him could pay off in the long run....

I understand it is frustrating as hell. I also know the last time UCLA was here I left just after half as my family all wanted to leave and had already went to the car. THis time, UCLA is ranked and we take them to double OT before losing.

Other than last week, it's not the 'same old Buffs'.

CU just blew another game, they lost again. That IS the same old buffs. See cal and oregon state.

Another frustrating one. We need more athletes. We can't make plays when we need to.

Another frustrating one. We need more athletes. We can't make plays when we need to.

Agree....MM is squeezing everything he can out of an outrageously outmanned team. If I were a UCLA fan, I would be wondering how we did not win by four touchdowns, based on a comparison of talent on the field.

Damn. As hard as it is for us, I hope the players can keep it together. Emotionally these are crushing types of losses. Coming out on the wrong end of two double-OTs in one season, plus the other close games, plus the intense pressure for a win. I hope they don't throw in the towel.

Hope TTs ok too.

Yeah...I am with those who feel that the grit is commendable as hell, these guys fight back tough. But they also put themselves in the position to need to fight back tough so often it takes a bit of the sheen off the former good quality.

I want five or six more physically high-quality difference-makers out there on the field for us (sprinkled throughout the offense and defense). We don't need to be the more talented team out there, but we need more talent on the field than we have. Whatever we managed to accomplish today was done against better athletes than we had. We need to narrow the talent gap.It would not have taken too much, as many of you said here, for our record to be vastly different today if a guy makes a play here or there at crucial times in games we lost earlier this year. We need more of those kinda people out on the field.

UCLA was a much more talented team than we are. We also crapped again giving them a 17 point lead among other huge mistakes we made.

Still this was a game, not a 55-7 blowout like it would have been 2 years ago.

Not happy but not giving up either.

A whole list of reasons why we lost this game and they all fall on us.

Giving up the huge run right off the bat
Not responding and going down 14
Sefo with the lousy INT, D plays well but we go down 17
The end of the half, lack of clock awareness.
The second half INT
A number of times on third down when we didn't make a play that would have gotten us the first
Not scoring a TD at the end of second half when UCLA was out of gas on D
Failing on 3rd and 2 in the first OT when a TD would have won it for us

And a bunch more.

I'm not totally down on the coaching staff, this team is still trying to learn how to win. We have a true soph QB who has been abused most of the season and may be getting gun shy.

We are also frankly, not close in talent to the teams we are playing. If UCLA was well coached this game would have been a 35 point margin at half.

That said eventually you have to produce wins and we haven't done it when we had chances.

Frustrating.

BS. So sick of the excuses. Sefo has plenty of experience. The line has been VERY good protecting him this season. He needs to direct this team to wins and quite digging huge holes for the team. I could name countless examples of teams winning with freshman qb's let alone sophomores. Defending National Champs comes to mind...

I'd really like to have the victory. But since that is still out of our reach, I'm happy that our team doesn't quit. And neither do our fans. Our last game against UCLA against Folsom wasn't close- we were blown out and dominated. This team didn't give up. I kind of wondered if we would fight back once we were down 14-0 with them driving for another score.

i have to believe that Mac2 is right. The players believe they can win. Otherwise, I think like in 2012, we would have watched them roll over and surrender early. Notice now our games now go to the end of the game.

look at the score predictions. A lot of people thought we would lose by a lot. It sucks to lose AGAIN! We all wanted this badly. But I'll believe this means the days of being the conference doormat are nearing an end. Our record may not show it, but the stats, scores, etc sure do.

BS. So sick of the excuses. Sefo has plenty of experience. The line has been VERY good protecting him this season. He needs to direct this team to wins and quite digging huge holes for the team. I could name countless examples of teams winning with freshman qb's let alone sophomores. Defending National Champs comes to mind...

You bring up some good points, but comparing us to FSU?!

Apples and oranges. The fact that we both have sophomore QBs is about all we have in common.

That's like comparing Manning and Orton since they have both been in the NFL for 10+ years

If you call his protection very good I'd hate to see bad. He takes a ridiculous number of hits. They aren't sacks because he gets rid of the ball but he is taking an ungodly number of hits this season.

And nobody said he was Jamous Winston. At the same time Winston has just a little bit more talent around him if you haven't looked recently.

My hope for the season was that the team would compete. I realized that improving a team is a process. It can be a long and difficult process. And this team is competing. And playing tough. As I sat in the East stands when the Buffs got themselves in a hole early, I shook my head and thought "here we go again." I was pleasantly surprised to see a team that could claw back and get to overtime. The difference between this team (and coaching staff) and 2011-2012 is night and day. They play tough and (generally) play like a well coached team. I feel like you are all a bunch of three year olds screaming "I want my good team now!" Rome wasn't built in a day, bitches.

My hope for the season was that the team would compete. I realized that improving a team is a process. It can be a long and difficult process. And this team is competing. And playing tough. As I sat in the East stands when the Buffs got themselves in a hole early, I shook my head and thought "here we go again." I was pleasantly surprised to see a team that could claw back and get to overtime. The difference between this team (and coaching staff) and 2011-2012 is night and day. They play tough and (generally) play like a well coached team. I feel like you are all a bunch of three year olds screaming "I want my good team now!" Rome wasn't built in a day, bitches.

Gotta agree with you about the time frame for rebuilding. It's called "rebuilding" for a reason, and because of multiple coaching changes (and occasional coaching extensions) we seem to have been stuck in the earliest gear of rebuilding for a long time now. That tends to create (rightly so) impatience. But truly...expecting anything significant this quickly (only two recruiting classes...or is it really one and a half recruiting classes?) would have been beyond surprising. I would suggest that what we have already seen is being viewed as pretty damn impressive by every coach and analyst I have heard (who actually watched the games and were familiar with the state of the program our current coach inherited).

There should be wins to go with all that...there absolutely should given with how some of our games have turned out...but there aren't. We have every right to be pissed about that (at the football gods maybe...) but was anyone REALLY expecting a bowl game this season? Or a 5 win season? Really? If that had actually happened wouldn't there be an air of astonishment or Cinderella outcome about it? That would be because it was very unlikely to have happened.

This is rebuilding. We are just going to have to live with it while we try to recruit competitive Pac-12 talent (which is very hard to do with our recent decade's won-loss record). The product on the field is better. It's not good enough to win games yet (apparently) but if the improvement curve can be maintained, and we can grow as much next year as we did since last year, we will win more games. The goal should be to keep imroving at the pace we are. But if we can't get better athletes (and older ones too) we are gonna hit a ceiling.

What can be done to help recruiting if you don't have the wins? We need some fast-talking salesman type of guy...Maybe Mac Brown wants to moonlight from his TV gig? His talent always was at the recruiting bbq...it certainly wasn't Xs and Os (or player development).

It's funny that 1-2 years ago all I heard from this forum is like "oh why can't we just have a team who can compete" or "I just want the game to be still interesting in the 4th quarter". Last year when we hang there with UCLA in 4th quarter it was even a small moral victory for a lot of guys here.

I guess once you get what you ask the expectation would suddenly raise again.

Heartbreaking season. So close to turning the corner.

Shut the hell up! Sick of coming home from a game so hoarse I can't talk then reading this ****!

Last edited:
Back