What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official UCLA @ Colorado 2014 Football Game thread***

Yes....refs screwed up....but Sefo needed to adjust. MM screamed for him to spike the ball and he didn't.

Ruling was his forward progress was stopped in bounds. Clock stopped initially because of the 1st down but runs again when the ball is set.

He went out of bounds for sure. Though isn't the rule if he's pushed out of bounds the clock keeps going? Either way it sure looked like the ref made the motion of the clock stopping.

If so, this is just typical awful horrible no good very bad day Pac 12 officiating, which is the absolute worst in college football.

Though if they actually did do the wind motion, then this is on Sefo/McIntyre.

It's very simple. It's called forward progress. That's a blunder on the WAC coaching staff.

Regardless of the clock or not, him not going to spike the ball is absolutely inexcusable.

MM must be taking anger management courses. He did well to not tell the sideline guy to shove the mic up his ass

So, the clock is running when it shouldn't be? Who cares! Snap the damn ball! Get off a play! It is almost like giving away points as a matter of principle. The QB sneak on first down was a genius move compared to what I just saw.

It's very simple. It's called forward progress. But confusing signals from the refs.

I know, and I just realized I phrased that question very dumb (I meant to say if he's pushed out of bounds backwards, not just in general). Oh well, anger will do that I guess.

Ultimately, the consequence of the fail at the end of the first half is that we have a perfect excuse for losing yet another game.

He was forced out. Didn't go out on his own. The ref started the clock. Sefo didn't realize it.

So, the clock is running when it shouldn't be? Who cares! Snap the damn ball! Get off a play! It is almost like giving away points as a matter of principle. The QB sneak on first down was a genius move compared to what I just saw.

Ironically a QB sneak on 1st down just now might have been a good call - might have scored.

He was forced out. Didn't go out on his own. The ref started the clock. Sefo didn't realize it.

Correct....and Sefo missed the coaches screaming at him to spike the ****ing ball

His progress was stopped in-bounds.

And Sefo realized the clock was running and still managed to **** it up.

This also effectively killed what would have been huge momentum for the second half. ****ing retards.

Agreed it was on us and not the refs. Everyone in the stadium wanted the ball snapped expect apparently Sefo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the refs were initially going to rule DD out but (and both signaled so) but then changed their minds (and signaled so). I think Sefo froze because they had a run called under the assumption that the clock was stopped.

8393832006_171f1e6793.jpg

this game has burst the bubble for me on Sefo. I love his spirit, but i think we can all agree, he's not going to the NFL nor get us a bowl game.

What might be nice is if officials had a different hand signal for when they truly stop the clock (out of bounds play) versus a temporary stoppage for a first down.

Doesn't excuse what we just did, but would help avoid confusion in real time.

Hate to see a squandered opp, but unless we improve against the run it's a moot point. Giving up 181 Yds rushing in the 1st half is unacceptable.

this game has burst the bubble for me on Sefo. I love his spirit, but i think we can all agree, he's not going to the NFL nor get us a bowl game.

Sefo has had his worst 2 games possibly in a row, but I still think he's the best QB we've had since C. Hawk and sadly who in the heck would we replace him with?

What might be nice is if officials had a different hand signal for when they truly stop the clock (out of bounds play) versus a temporary stoppage for a first down.

Doesn't excuse what we just did, but would help avoid confusion in real time.

Agreed. I was confused to see it running as well.

Back