What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

2020 is a lifetime away in college football. If he makes it through the 2020 season and then gets fired, that's RG allowing him to coach here for 8 seasons with (likely) only 1 or 2 bowl trips. Not firing him until 2020 would show a complete lack of commitment to sustainable excellence or whatever slogan the AD has been pushing the last few years. Can't see that happening.

Let's keep in mind that the '19 OOC features home dates with Nebraska and Air Force.....both of which should be monster moneymakers for this program. MM won't last long into next year if this play continues. We cannot roll into a year like that with a dead coach walking.

He is never gonna get any answers or new suitors. I seriously doubt he had any last year. He is a bum coach always and always has been, just verify the record, stats speak volumes. If you cant stand the heat GTFO of the kitchen. This wanker folds like a cheap suit. Look at MAC handle pressers any condescending or challenging question he gets all flustered. He isnt anything close to SEC ready. Those fans would burry him alive if he had a 4th quarter lead by 10 points and managed to piss the game away losing by 11. And here at CU 90 percent of the fans say despite the dissapointing ASU performance he should get 2 more years because hes a nice guy, WTF? are you kidding me 'merica, where is there any accountability. I swear we have the dumbest fans in all of sports.
Could you please point to who has said CU needs to keep MM because he is nice? I don't read everything here, but I have never once read that.

More food for thought on a Brian Lindgren replacement-Mac's first OC at SJSU (John DeFilippo) happens to be the QB coach for the best team in the NFL right now...........that'd be a coup if we could pull that off.

More food for thought on a Brian Lindgren replacement-Mac's first OC at SJSU (John DeFilippo) happens to be the QB coach for the best team in the NFL right now...........that'd be a coup if we could pull that off.
It would, but he'll have plenty of coordinator options in the NFL.

Poor HCMM, from NCAA coach of the year to “throw the bum out” in less than 12 months. While I wasn’t fully enamored with MM last year, and perhaps many of us knew of some underlying flaws that have surfaced in 2017 as we feared, the Coach of the Year award buys a minimum of 2 years with a third if the wheels don’t completely fall off.

I'd hope that coach of the year doesn't buy you anything. I felt that MM being gone so much collecting his awards had a lot to do with falling off the cliff at the end of the season. He missed some practice time, that's for sure.

I'd hope that coach of the year doesn't buy you anything. I felt that MM being gone so much collecting his awards had a lot to do with falling off the cliff at the end of the season. He missed some practice time, that's for sure.
Perhaps dealing with that bum Tumpkins issues as well played a part.

Just get Leavitt back. Offer him a new frickin' Subaru Impreza and a gd Boulder coupon book, worth up to $1,200 in savings. Whatever it takes.

I'd even be willing to throw in a $50......no, $100 gift certificate to Chilli's. Or Dunkin Donuts.
Why do you think Leavitt is the answer? Oregon has the same record we do and they have a lot more talent filling out the roster. His defense hasn’t been all that impressive up there. Failing to see why he is the best available option.

No. The buffs were waaaaay overrated for a short while last year. The Pac 12 was down and we had a senior laden team with a great defense and didn't make many mistakes. We were good and would beat solid teams. But when we faced legitimate top 15 teams, we didn't really stand a chance. Wasn't Mccaffree out for that Stanford game as well? The reason they fell off a cliff at the end of the season is that they started to face elite teams.

Why do you think Leavitt is the answer? Oregon has the same record we do and they have a lot more talent filling out the roster. His defense hasn’t been all that impressive up there. Failing to see why he is the best available option.
That's a good point. Ok here's the new plan. MM, Leavitt, Chiv, and Subaru Imprezas for everyone (with no more than 75,000 miles on them) if they make a bowl game in 2018. Deal?

No. The buffs were waaaaay overrated for a short while last year. The Pac 12 was down and we had a senior laden team with a great defense and didn't make many mistakes. We were good and would beat solid teams. But when we faced legitimate top 15 teams, we didn't really stand a chance. Wasn't Mccaffree out for that Stanford game as well? The reason they fell off a cliff at the end of the season is that they started to face elite teams.
McCaffrey played and had a good game iirc. That was a good win

Just get Leavitt back. Offer him a new frickin' Subaru Impreza and a gd Boulder coupon book, worth up to $1,200 in savings. Whatever it takes.

I'd even be willing to throw in a $50......no, $100 gift certificate to Chilli's. Or Dunkin Donuts.
I find it hard to believe that Leavitt will come back to Boulder simply because of the sugar tax on soda. How would he get his Pepsi fix without paying an arm and a leg for one?

This is a way more accurate assessment of the 2016 squad than most of us would want to admit.

Don't disagree with this at all, this is probably the major reason for the fall off. My point was MM wasn't around as much as I would have liked him to be, focused on the team. Is what it is, and I could be off base too. When they started to face elite teams was the time they needed all hands on deck, and MM wasn't the only one not engaged fully.

So let me get this straight... A team that didn’t make mistakes, played really good defense, complimentary offense, beat multiple top 25 teams, went 8-1 in conference play and ultimately won 10 games was just lucky because they were a veteran team and the Pac 12 was down? How was it down any more than it’s “down” this year? Are college teams not allowed to play with a bunch of Seniors? I’m confused as to why last year’s team is being called lucky.

So let me get this straight... A team that didn’t make mistakes, played really good defense, complimentary offense, beat multiple top 25 teams, went 8-1 in conference play and ultimately won 10 games was just lucky because they were a veteran team and the Pac 12 was down? How was it down any more than it’s “down” this year? Are college teams not allowed to play with a bunch of Seniors? I’m confused as to why last year’s team is being called lucky.
And how about Sefo playing outstanding QB with few mistakes? If he’d played that well the previous 2 years the Buffs would have been in bowls 3 straight years, regardless of the “senior defense” and “weak PAC12” in 2016.

And how about Sefo playing outstanding QB with few mistakes? If he’d played that well the previous 2 years the Buffs would have been in bowls 3 straight years, regardless of the “senior defense” and “weak PAC12” in 2016.
He wasn't a senior those previous 2 years. We shouldn't expect anyone to play well until they are seniors, but then the rest of the conference better watch out!

We are all going to be singing a different tune about Mac when we finish 8-5 with wins against USC (finally), Utah on the road and Las Vegas Bowl game win over Fresno State.
Yup. And the tune we will all sing in unison and in perfect pitch will be the aria Di Quella Pira from Il Trovatore. Both have the same likelihood. It will be epic.

Conference wasn't down-We did get a team in the CFP last year. For a team who finished.....17th IIRC in the final poll, we beat everybody we were supposed to beat and lost to the four teams we should have lost to.

At this point a win in Utah requires a bit of optimism as well. Could happen though.

I think we're going to see some Cougin' it on Saturday in Salt Lake......which will mean the Utes will have clinched a bowl bid before we go out there in two weeks.

Conference wasn't down-We did get a team in the CFP last year. For a team who finished.....17th IIRC in the final poll, we beat everybody we were supposed to beat and lost to the four teams we should have lost to.
Correct. When we played a top 4 CFP team and a top 10 Oklahoma State team, the talent and coaching deficiencies showed. We also ran up against a Sam Darnold-led USC team, on the road, and lost by 4 and had a 3rd quarter lead against Michigan on the road. There's nothing about last year that was fluky or lucky that needs to be given an asterisk.

What last year did was prove it can be done in Boulder still.

The program is now in a better spot than it was when MM came here. I still maintain that the reason guys like Jeffcoat and Bernardi were on the staff in the first place was because it would have been very difficult to get anybody better at the time. Well, now it’s not so difficult. The Eliot hire was a bad hire. It’s time to start putting together a better staff. The pay is competitive, the admin support is there. There aren’t any roadblocks to hiring solid coaches anymore. Because MM proved it could be done last year, I’m more than willing to give him the opportunity to do it again.

Back