What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Officially off the Macintyre bandwagon

What is frustrating to me is that it seems they just don't make needed adjustments. If people are running through our OL right and left, you don't keep lining up 5 receivers wide, try to throw a long pass that takes 5 seconds to set up, and wonder why your quarterback is getting sacked or running out of the pocket every play. You keep more people around to block, throw quick passes etc. If the opposing team is running up the middle at will, keep more people in the box to try and stop it. If something is working exploit it. It something isn't working change it. Sometimes it seem we do the opposite, when something is working, we inexplicably stop doing it, and when something isn't working we keep banging our heads against a wall trying to do it.

What is frustrating to me is that it seems they just don't make needed adjustments. If people are running through our OL right and left, you don't keep lining up 5 receivers wide, try to throw a long pass that takes 5 seconds to set up, and wonder why your quarterback is getting sacked or running out of the pocket every play. You keep more people around to block, throw quick passes etc. If the opposing team is running up the middle at will, keep more people in the box to try and stop it. If something is working exploit it. It something isn't working change it. Sometimes it seem we do the opposite, when something is working, we inexplicably stop doing it, and when something isn't working we keep banging our heads against a wall trying to do it.
But that play worked in practice all week!

What last year did was prove it can be done in Boulder still.

The program is now in a better spot than it was when MM came here. I still maintain that the reason guys like Jeffcoat and Bernardi were on the staff in the first place was because it would have been very difficult to get anybody better at the time. Well, now it’s not so difficult. The Eliot hire was a bad hire. It’s time to start putting together a better staff. The pay is competitive, the admin support is there. There aren’t any roadblocks to hiring solid coaches anymore. Because MM proved it could be done last year, I’m more than willing to give him the opportunity to do it again.

I'm more concerned with the offense right now than the D....Was DJ Eliot a bad hire? Yes, but Wade Phillips could have been hired to call this defense and it probably would have regressed from where it was last year.

I accept the Buffs losing tonight, although it was a very disappointing game.

However, MMs conduct with 38 seconds left apalled me. One of his football players whom he professes to care so deeply for is clearly injured and he's screaming at the kid to get up so they won't have a 10 second runoff when the game was already over. Oh, by the way- the kid was his son. Disgusting. There are bigger things in life than trying to lose by less than a score, and the health of your child should be one of them.

I could even look past that behavior if MM presented himself as a "Win at all Costs" sort of personality, but he's constantly told us what a good guy he is, and how he wants more than winning to mold these kids into men.

**** him.

Just checking in briefly to see how the meltdown is going this week.

Is the OP's understanding of the situation factual and corroborated or is this just made up?

Have they caught the witch yet and immersed him in molten lead?

I'll check back after USC. Things should really be "heating up" by then.

Is the OP's understanding of the situation factual and corroborated or is this just made up?

We have not yet begun to melt down, check back Sunday afternoon.....

Course if Colorado beats SC then it will be a MM love fest.

Don't disagree with this at all, this is probably the major reason for the fall off. My point was MM wasn't around as much as I would have liked him to be, focused on the team. Is what it is, and I could be off base too. When they started to face elite teams was the time they needed all hands on deck, and MM wasn't the only one not engaged fully.

Makes sense to some degree, but doesn't explain why the same receivers that last year were making great plays and circus catches are dropping passes right in their hand's or on the numbers. Doesn't explain why an OL returning many many players regressed. Something is wrong/off this year with attitude, coordination, intensity, discipline...the team and staff do not look like they are rowing the boat together. Maybe the Tumpkin deal was hard on HCMM and he needs a break, maybe losing Sedo the team leader has been hard to replace, maybe just too.many bad bounces this year they are all having a haRd time pushing through and gelling, maybe all his awards filled his head and he forgot to get back to work, maybe the staff is having a hard time balancing rewarding age/wisdom & loyalty versu's youth and talent when it comes to playing time......hell I don't know anymore.

I think the buffs could get les miles very easily. His name pops up that he is interested for every job that opens up. I think the recruiting aspect alone would take us to the next level

Yup. And the tune we will all sing in unison and in perfect pitch will be the aria Di Quella Pira from Il Trovatore. Both have the same likelihood. It will be epic.

To be immediately followed by Knee Play No. 3 from Glass'es "Einstein On the Beach". We won't miss a note.

Heres 3 examples just off the top of my head:

1. Yelling at the ref in the wassu game the way he did. I think that sends a pretty bad message to the team. Its 1 thing to be upset about a bad call its another to lose your mind the way he did.

2. The whole domestic violence deal from last season. That was a clear sign of his priorities are NOT right

3. Last week against ASU when his SON goes down and he is screaming at him to get up and get off the field even though he is injured so we dont get the 10 second run off (and not that this matters but the game was over by this point anyways). Again it was another example of the fact his priorities are not what he says they are.

I think he has done a good job (strictly on the football field/finding hidden gems in recruiting) with the cards he was dealt coming here.

Is this a dream or nightmare?
LM is 63. His day has past. I would have loved him coming here 6-7 years ago, but I think you look to the future, not the past. That said, he would recruit like a house on fire and set the table for the next guy.

Honestly I'm not sure how anyone that watched until the end of the game could have understood the situation differently than the OP. If you missed it, go back and use your lipreading skills to watch Mac angrily yelling at his injured son to "GET UP!" and "GET OFF THE FIELD!" while gesticulating wildly like an angry Peter Griffin.

I think the buffs could get les miles very easily. His name pops up that he is interested for every job that opens up. I think the recruiting aspect alone would take us to the next level
He has to do that in order to actually get his buyout money from LSU.

Buyout clauses usually have 2 conditions:
1. the person getting bought out has to actively try and get another coaching job,
2. if, and when, they get another coaching job, whatever they earn in that job is deducted from the buyout.

Les Miles has to publicly express interest in every job in order to meet #1. Whether he's actually interested is a different question.

The fact that it appears (at least to my knowledge) that he hasn't advanced to the interview stage in any coaching search is pretty telling - especially when you realize that there are only 4 active coaches who have won MNCs.

1. the person getting bought out has to actively try and get another coaching job,
2. if, and when, they get another coaching job, whatever they earn in that job is deducted from the buyout.

Les Miles has to publicly express interest in every job in order to meet #1. Whether he's actually interested is a different question.

The fact that it appears (at least to my knowledge) that he hasn't advanced to the interview stage in any coaching search is pretty telling - especially when you realize that there are only 4 active coaches who have won MNCs.
He's waiting for a CU offer?

Seems like if he's doing television work he should get that money..........is he on the call for our game Saturday? I think its Tim Brando/Spencer Tillman again

Seems like if he's doing television work he should get that money...
TV work usually lets them double dip (get buyout money and media salary), but they are still contractually obligated to pursue coaching jobs if they want the buyout money, which explains a lot of the "it seems x former coach and new commentator is interested in every vacant coaching job" that regularly follows coaches into the both. Shockingly, that interest in vacant coaching jobs seems to disappear right about the time the buyout money ends.

Back