What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon vs. Colorado game thead

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. I see our recruiting being much better than Hawk's. Still needs to be better but improving significantly.

I also do see some areas of improvement but the talent and injuries have put us in a position that makes them hard to see. At the minimum the players look like they are starting to care unlike the last staff, we don't have guys playing leapfrog on the sidelines while we are losing games.

Embree gets at least a couple of full years before I go into panic mode.

Not being sarcastic , where do you see the recruiting improvement?

Embree promised us in fall camp that we would be proud of how this team played, win or lose. I'm okay with losing for the next couple years, I don't expect much. I'm not proud of the effort I've seen this year at all. The effort isn't there and the coaching is obviously lacking. Both coordinators suck, Greg Brown is totally clueless and EB doesn't have the experience. It's time to bench the seniors and let the next generation get all the playing time for the rest of the year. Ryan Miller has been a huge disappointment. CU is lacking talent.

Embree promised us in fall camp that we would be proud of how this team played, win or lose. I'm okay with losing for the next couple years, I don't expect much. I'm not proud of the effort I've seen this year at all. The effort isn't there and the coaching is obviously lacking. Both coordinators suck, Greg Brown is totally clueless and EB doesn't have the experience. It's time to bench the seniors and let the next generation get all the playing time for the rest of the year. Ryan Miller has been a huge disappointment. CU is lacking talent.

Effort hasn't been there since the wazzou game.

Hirschman with time can do some damage, he doesn't have the escape factor but he has a good pocket game and if we can get some OL who can give him time, he might be a pretty good qb here.

I'd like cu to get 1 offensive score, c'mon players.

Not being sarcastic , where do you see the recruiting improvement?

Fastest kids on the field today are freshman, the rest look at my original post, Dillon, Solis, the Irwin brothers, the Texas WRs are all better quality athletes than we saw from Hawkins. Last year in just weeks we got Astasia, Nembot, Creer, Greer, etc. It is still to be shown how good they will be but they are PAC level athletes at least instead of WAC level overacheivers which is most of what we got before.

I like our commit list this year already. I also truly believe that we will see at least a couple of more significant additions to the class. I think we have a solid shot at Wes Brown and one of the top flight corners plus one or two other surprises.

We still have a big need for more O-linemen and LBs but I think we are on the right track.

I think the Dline hasn't played well of late and the wrs are not doing well, but the effort is there. Not sure what you are referring to.

Recruiting is already way better than the last few years. Tough to get a home run recruit right now, but we need to fill out with some solid talent for depth. It will take a few years to refill the missing talent no matter what

Fastest kids on the field today are freshman, the rest look at my original post, Dillon, Solis, the Irwin brothers, the Texas WRs are all better quality athletes than we saw from Hawkins. Last year in just weeks we got Astasia, Nembot, Creer, Greer, etc. It is still to be shown how good they will be but they are PAC level athletes at least instead of WAC level overacheivers which is most of what we got before.

I like our commit list this year already. I also truly believe that we will see at least a couple of more significant additions to the class. I think we have a solid shot at Wes Brown and one of the top flight corners plus one or two other surprises.

We still have a big need for more O-linemen and LBs but I think we are on the right track.

Well, hirschman, jones,creer and canty are a nice start along with p-rich for next season's offense. The OL has got to improve greatly. Hirschman can sling it, just needs time. As for defense, I don't see much. Maybe with rippy back and all the injured db's back make them a bit better but they just give up big play after big play and are atrocious on 3rd down. Problem is, no depth. Oregon is showing what good depth can do. Hopefully someday cu gets to that point.

I think the Dline hasn't played well of late and the wrs are not doing well, but the effort is there. Not sure what you are referring to.

Recruiting is already way better than the last few years. Tough to get a home run recruit right now, but we need to fill out with some solid talent for depth. It will take a few years to refill the missing talent no matter what

Effort was there? I must have been watching a different game and team then. The first 5 minutes of the game is all you needed to see.Can't manage 1pt on offense at home? Okay.

Effort was there? I must have been watching a different game and team then. The first 5 minutes of the game is all you needed to see.Can't manage 1pt on offense at home? Okay.

Yeah, I'm sure the only reason Hirschmann, Tony Jones, Creer, Canty et. al. didn't score against a top 10 team is because they just weren't trying.... :rolling_eyes:

Atleast they didn't score 50. The only way we can get top recruits is to sell our history and early playing time. It is going to be tough.

Yeah, I'm sure the only reason Hirschmann, Tony Jones, Creer, Canty et. al. didn't score against a top 10 team is because they just weren't trying.... :rolling_eyes:

Oregon makes many teams look bad but the fire and effort wasn't there in the first half. Nobody expected a win but you're right, great effort by the team in the first half.:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Hirschman,creer,jones, canty etc.. give me hope for the future, they weren't the problem today.

A history that none of these recruits have seen. Very tough.

No question it will be hard.

At the same time the Washington team that just pounded us was winless a few years ago, WSU was terrible, others have done the same.

Can Embree do it? I believe he can, it will take time but I believe if it can happen other places it can happen here.

It's a big task because we are flat out terrible and it will take time, some breaks, and a lot of patience but it is doable.

Oregon makes many teams look bad but the fire and effort wasn't there in the first half. Nobody expected a win but you're right, great effort by the team in the first half.:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Hirschman,creer,jones, canty etc.. give me hope for the future, they weren't the problem today.

Where did I say it was a great effort. I'm just pointing out that saying they must not have been trying because they didn't score is pretty ridiculous...

Where did I say it was a great effort. I'm just pointing out that saying they must not have been trying because they didn't score is pretty ridiculous...
Didn't say that. Said the effort wasn't there. Asking for 1 pt from the offense at home is too negative I guess. :lol:

Didn't say that. Said the effort wasn't there. Asking for 1 pt from the offense at home is too negative I guess. :lol:

Funny, I'm pretty sure of what all those words mean. Asking for one point at home isn't too negative, but somehow turning that into the players not trying is. This team is hopelessly overmatched. That's going to be true no matter how hard they try, and even if they're being coached by the greatest football geniuses on Earth. The need people have to blame where we are right now on bad gameday coaching or bad character by the players just sucks, imo...

Oregon is extremely overrated - LSU proved that.

Attachments

• wsp_jive.jpg
    wsp_jive.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 93
Well, hirschman, jones,creer and canty are a nice start along with p-rich for next season's offense. The OL has got to improve greatly. Hirschman can sling it, just needs time. As for defense, I don't see much. Maybe with rippy back and all the injured db's back make them a bit better but they just give up big play after big play and are atrocious on 3rd down. Problem is, no depth. Oregon is showing what good depth can do. Hopefully someday cu gets to that point.
Understatement

Back