What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 10/20-10/23

I find it interesting that people think that LSU or USC can get Franklim out of Happy Valley. Penn State has deep pockets.
Both better jobs. And USC specifically has no equal in this conference if they are at their peak. Penn State can probably match whatever offer those two would put up, but it just isn't the same tier of job.

Coach Lake is a big disappointment at UW. This was a rising power and in 2 years they are awful. Arizona only loses due to turnovers and successfully ran it all over UWs defense.

Lake appears to suck.

My quick thoughts on UW (my team)

Roster chalk full of 4* talent.
Realistically 7-8 guys minimum NFL caliber in future if not more (Ulofoshio, ZTF, Cade Otton, McDuffie, +/- K Gordon, Huard, S Taimani, T Letuligasenoa).

Last year First in Pac-12 North. Now almost worst (Cal)

Possibly worst coaching in Pac-12, at every position other than WR. Debatable certainly, definitely putrid.

Zero ability to coach up players (they are regressing every week).

Nobody on staff played as QB. Morris underthrows deep balls by 5 yards consistently , and his poor throws have directly cost us at least two wins. Sometimes makes good throws but usually late and behind receivers. He’s a turnover machine.

#1 prep HS QB in country last year is riding bench (Sam Huard).

Schemes: players out of position, incredibly predictable.

Recruiting has tanked.

UW may need to determine whether to scrap football completely. $10MM buyout for Lake is what I’ve heard? He’s going nowhere soon.

Granted injuries have been bad this year, not a single game with all starters healthy, but that’s football. Zero confidence in JL moving forward. He’s a DB guru but completely inept as HC. He’s in the Willingham stratosphere of bad UW coaching. If he gets another two years another winless season is very possible.

I don’t see a single win left on UWs schedule.

Realistically 7-8 guys minimum NFL caliber in future if not more (Ulofoshio, ZTF, Cade Otton, McDuffie, +/- K Gordon, Huard, S Taimani, T Letuligasenoa).

Possibly worst coaching in Pac-12, at every position other than WR. Debatable certainly, definitely putrid.

Nobody on staff played as QB. Morris underthrows deep balls by 5 yards consistently , and his poor throws have directly cost us at least two wins. Sometimes makes good throws but usually late and behind receivers. He’s a turnover machine.

Recruiting has tanked.

UW may need to determine whether to scrap football completely. $10MM buyout for Lake is what I’ve heard? He’s going nowhere soon.

Granted injuries have been bad this year, not a single game with all starters healthy, but that’s football. Zero confidence in JL moving forward. He’s a DB guru but completely inept as HC. He’s in the Willingham stratosphere of bad UW coaching. If he gets another two years another winless season is very possible.

UW scrap football completely? Jeez dude relax lol

Recruiting has tanked.

Huard's passing was horrendous. A case could be made that the substitution won the game for them, as pedestrian as Morris is.

UW scrap football completely? Jeez dude relax lol

Believe it or not I am relaxed. You should go to Husky boards if you want over the top (dumpster fire since game 1).

These are relatively neutral observations of mine alone from this season.

Objectively there is no way you argue that UW wants to be a big boy in football. JL should have been canned already if that was the case.

I’m disappointed for sure, but I’ve learned to not let football get me too upset.

UWs future in football is bleak right now.

Believe it or not I am relaxed. You should go to Husky boards if you want over the top (dumpster fire since game 1).

These are relatively neutral observations of mine alone from this season.

Objectively there is no way you argue that UW wants to be a big boy in football. JL should have been canned already if that was the case.

I’m disappointed for sure, but I’ve learned to not let football get me too upset.

UWs future in football is bleak right now.
I have one thing to say. Hold my beer.

People are talking about Oregon football. This uniform ridiculousness of theirs has been and continues to be a brilliant marketing strategy. I hate it, but I'm also envious of the attention.
Remember when we just had 4 different color schemes and everyone was hyped about it (well besides UK and CurtisPTwatwaffle), including the players, and we all guessed what combination they’d wear each week?

Recruiting has tanked.

Did you hear that guys? We’re gonna win!

Cripes! How is UDub this bad?! This game is at Folsom this year, right?

A lot of talent-on-paper on that team, but max choke ability. Sadly I feel like the fan base of UW got schilled worse with the hiring of Lake, because it seemed that they would have a better on-field program than what ‘21 has shown. The Buff fanbase has been wary of the KD hire ever since that rumor came out.

if the buffs put together a performance similar to last week, a big chance to beat Udub is there. Hopefully the bye week was the turning point of this season.

I will say, I was intrigued at how easily they stomped UNM the other day, but it's obvious that the Lobos are really, really, really bad.
Wtf else is new, they are always really, really, really bad, at least in this part of the state. Go east if you want to find any programs that give a **** about football, like Artesia, Clovis, etc.

OU getting shut out by Kansas is almost as enjoyable as the UW meltdown. But the self righteousness, arrogance and entitlement of UW fans makes their downward spiral so enjoyable. Preseason they were saying they had the best OL in the country, the same one that allowed at least 4 sacks and a blocked punt to AZ. Their expectations were NC this year. They seem to think they are a blue blood. They bring flags that say "greatest setting" to home games - WTF does that mean? They still think Huard will somehow save the program and deliver, but he looks just like that Jake Eason guy and his 5 star suckatude. He throws a beautiful looking spiral to no one and is stiff as a board. The next few years will be fun to watch!

I often wonder the damage Pat Fitzgerald would do if he could get anyone he wanted on campus.

Back