What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/28-10/30

Just come to the dark side and start rooting for them.

Half Baked Boo GIF

Serious question from a person who has never played or coached football - why are some TE matchups like Mayer such a problem? and to expand this to the NFL, Kelce, Gonzalez, etc? I know it's a perpetual problem with the Broncos but I digress. Is it simply a matchp issue?

Serious question from a person who has never played or coached football - why are some TE matchups like Mayer such a problem? and to expand this to the NFL, Kelce, Gonzalez, etc? I know it's a perpetual problem with the Broncos but I digress. Is it simply a matchp issue?
Almost all defensive schemes have LBs and Safeties as TE coverage responsibility, but both of those positions are also primary run defenders too. So instead of always having the first read/key be the receiver, like a CB does, they have to process run/pass first and then go to coverage, while the TE kind of gets that head start into a route.

Then there’s also the fact that those kind of TEs are 6’5/6’6 250 lbs and can move really well.

Almost all defensive schemes have LBs and Safeties as TE coverage responsibility, but both of those positions are also primary run defenders too. So instead of always having the first read/key be the receiver, like a CB does, they have to process run/pass first and then go to coverage, while the TE kind of gets that head start into a route.

Then there’s also the fact that those kind of TEs are 6’5/6’6 250 lbs and can move really well.

Thanks, good info! The latter I kind of figured but the former is something I didn't know

That last drive on defense from UNC may have been one of the worse defensive drives I've ever seen from a team

Looked in on Ramnation..

Sheep fans are already chalking this one up as another Adazio collapse, even while they still have a lead.

It's textbook CSU fan to go to a CU board while their own game is on so he can run smack... only to see his team collapse and get punked at home.

It really sucks to be a CSU Ram.
To be honest it beats actually watching his team play. Something very few of their fans do anyways.

What are they reviewing for so long on the UNC td run? Replay clearly shows it was a touchdown and the original call was a touchdown.

Move. On.
I'm getting tired of the review bull****. I mean, I get it, you want to everything right. Problem is, they still **** it up all the time.

Speaking of the sheep, if your kicker has kicked 4 fgs with an average length of 22 yards, you might say your coach needs to grow a pair of balls.
Haha. Says the team that lost by 3 with first and goal, stuffed on 4th goal, v a top 5 team.

Attended the game last night UH vs SMU and it was enjoyable great game to the end.
On the drive home I came to the conclusion that some of the players I watched could play for CU.
So it was a G5 game, I drove it was fun & entertaining & I got my monies worth.
Smoked brisket is finger food.

Markets with 7+ Mill viewers how could the P12 be so blind?.....snooze and lose.

My son and I wanted to attend a game that we had no rooting interest in. So we looked thru the schedule a few weeks ago and picked the Ohio State - Penn State game. We wanted to go to and SEC game but the Georgia-Florida game wasn't on campus. We wanted to see what big time college football really is.
I have been a CU fan since the mid 70's and my son went to school there. I was a season ticket holder for 15 years back in the mid 90's until 2010.

The gameday in Columbus was incredible. We showed up on Campus 9 hours before the game started and the amount of people already tailgating was astounding. The flagpoles that folks had we're the American Flag, the Ohio State flag and then whoever Michigan is playing. Everyone had the Michigan and Michigan State game on the cheering anytime State did something good was really funny. The fact the CU has no rival after playing football for 130 years is such a shame,.

Then is was off to the old basketball arena for the entrance of the band. The players then come in. Once the coach, players and the band is on the court. They bring the recruits in that they are hosting. They had around 25 kids and everyone one of them looked like they could play that day. One of the captains speaks to the crowd, which was probably 8-10 thousand people and then the Coach gives a speech. The band then gives you a preview of the halftime show.

Then it's off to the stadium. Pretty impressive being in a place that can hold 109,000 folks. Attendance for this game was just shy of 103,000. Student sections on both ends of the stadium. The scoreboard, the PA system, the music blaring just showed how rinky dink things are at Folsom. The band playing all game and the fact I didn't have to hear the same Ozzy Osbourne song that our band has been playing for what seems like decades. I'm not into bands but what we have is the junior varsity compared to what we saw Saturday night. On top of that it was a very entertaining game.

If you wanted a beer, you walk up to a cooler, grab your two beers and then pay. Just take the cans right up to your seats. No removing the caps on water bottles, no pouring it in a cup. It's been a couple of years since I've been to a game in Folsom so maybe this is the way it is now.

I wore CU gear just to see if I would get any reactions. I only received a few comments, which told me we are just not on anyone's radar. Pretty disappointing.

A trip to Columbus just showed me how far, far we are away from being at this level. Big time football is awesome and I just don't see this ever happening again in Boulder.

Back