What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games -- early weeks of the season

Dux boatracing the Chards ... up by 19 with 6 to go in the 1st.

38-11 now. Holy smokes.

Methinks that if this continues, our RPI might just go up a couple of slots. :)

And I now love Bill Walton ... when he's not doing CU games and talking about everything but the game.

KjSU up by 7 at Waco with just under 4 to go ... and **** bailer.

Annnd ... just like that, it's a two point game with 1:42 to go.

KjSU wins at Waco ... glad it didn't go to OT because **** bailer's highlighter pen unis were about to induce a stroke for me. :confused:

I just turned the UoA and UO game at the 14 min mark of 2nd half...holy ****... ... ...I think Arizona is a much better team, but perhaps I overvalue them?

Ya think?

right? But you gotta admit - they ooze with talent, and when they're on...they're on.

Oregon's court may be my least favorite design. I love the outdoors and think it's cool they tried to incorporate nature into the court...but it's really distracting and odd imo.

The ********** are getting run out of the Matt. I have to think that this will be a chastening and humbling experience for their fanbase ... and one they will openly acknowledge.

Oregon's court may be my least favorite design. I love the outdoors and think it's cool they tried to incorporate nature into the court...but it's really distracting and odd imo.

I concur with that. I like our rather reserved and stylized portrayal of the Flatirons much more.

I understand perfection is not possible, but I think that was as close to a perfect game as I have ever seen. 16-21 from 3 and at that point they had only made 2 2-point jumpshots. I would hate to be the next team playing Arizona as they are going to take out their frustrations on them.

Stick around, Duck. I have a feeling the rest of the conference season is going to be very interesting ... for one of us at least, but maybe both.

Let's see ... the Squawks' AFH winning streak is squashed by the Clones, **** bailer is beaten at home by KjSU, and the d i c k c h a r d s were absolutely humiliated at UO. It's been a good day so far! :)

Tonight is clearly a bad night to be a top 10 team.... This is why College basketball is so much better then NBA because every team has a chance to win every night.

right? But you gotta admit - they ooze with talent, and when they're on...they're on.

Don't know exactly the view from the floor, but i hate the TV view. Agree, nice try, but...

How the hell did we beat this Dux team? Holy crap!!
This was Oregon's best game of the year. You may recall that when UCLA beat us, their fans said it was their best game of the year. When very good teams are "on," they look unbeatable, but next time out it's a new game, 0-0, no guarantee what level of play will occur. I doubt we win at Oregon, but expect we'll be closer than today's game.

Bruins beat UDub at Seattle by 41 points?!? Holy ****!!

My alma mater lost 71-27 tonight. Is that bad? Go Toreros!

Squawks @ KjSU game is a real barnburner ... a donnybrook, a melee if you will. A 4 point game with 1:37 to go.

Not a college score, but I noticed a high school game report tonight.

UCLA may not be slipping as much as we expected on PG play if Lonzo Ball leaves for the NBA after 1 year as expected.

UCLA-bound PG Melo Ball scored 92 points in his game tonight. :eek:

UCLA may not be slipping as much as we expected on PG play if Lonzo Ball leaves for the NBA after 1 year as expected.

I suppose Melo will also require only one year of college before he "graduates."

There's 3 Ball brothers, and apparently Melo is the youngest, rumored to potentially be the best at this stage of his career. The younger two are also committed to UCLA, but Melo is only a sophomore.

I hate ESPN, but sometimes CNN in the morning sucks too. Anyway, SC led off with a segment on that game, and the highlights were pathetic. Melo was cherry-picking hard - after scoring, running up to half court, not playing any defense, or even an attempt at guarding anyone, and then running out for a fast break layup. He shot the ball all the time - terrible example of how to play bball.

The reason for him trying to score so much is that there is a female classmate of his that is in the hospital, and he dedicated the game to her.

So that's a nice reason and all... ...but the manner in which the impressive stat line was achieved was extremely weak. It reminds me of that guy that rebounded his own missed layup, on the wrong basket, in order to get a triple-double...forget his name, but it was in the NBA, not college. Melo Ball is only 15, so I can get how he can think this is cool. However, the Chinos HC should be ashamed for letting that happen. The highlights I saw were pathetic. Melo apparently has the talent to have an impressive stat line without cherry picking and mocking the concept of defense.

Edit: Apparently Chino plays a cherry picker regularly... ...so that definitely changes some of my chagrin at watching the highlights. Still, it's a very odd way to play, and apparently Chino players were fouling to keep the game going to get Ball more shots... ... ...really odd.

Last edited:
I hope that girl is okay. That didn't look good.

Yeah. I need to know before I feel comfortable laughing. Cheer is a really dangerous sport. I've known several girls who shattered ankles or tore knees from being dropped.

Back