What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games Thread - MBB & WBB

giphy.gif

Marquette Xavier in a fun 2OT game... except they’ve gone to the video monitor like 15 times in overtime. Ban video reviews.

Marquette Xavier in a fun 2OT game... except they’ve gone to the video monitor like 15 times in overtime. Ban video reviews.
This game just ended. 17 minutes after I posted this. I posted this with about 4 minutes left in the second OT. The ref show sucks.

Marquette don't have enough depth but winning after Howards head injury is a good sign. They will be a tough out. As usual.

For the bubble watch, Wisconsin was right on the edge and took a huge blow today. Kobe King (2nd leading scorer) announced he is transferring.

For the bubble watch, Wisconsin was right on the edge and took a huge blow today. Kobe King (2nd leading scorer) announced he is transferring.

Plus Brad Davidson is suspended for a game for going Muhammad Ali on someone's beanbag.

WTF?

I can honestly say I have never intentionally jammed someone in the 'nads. So ****ed up.

I've thrown elbows and tripped people on a basketball court. I've uppercut someone in the gut in the football trenches and gotten my hand inside face masks or wrenched fingers back during fumble recovery piles in football. Among other things that were maybe a little dirty. But I've always drawn the line here. You don't hit another man in the pills.

Cal has to feel pretty good being tied at the half. Oregon could have run away there for a bit but Cal battled back.

****ing Pritchard has hit so many prayers for Oregon this year to win or tie games for Oregon at the end. Gotten them at least two more wins. He's going to be the guy responsible for them winning the title at this rate.

Seton Hall getting absolutely waxed at home by Xavier in the scrambled eggs start time. Had absolutely no interest in playing so far. Xavier looking forward their first Q1 win.

Seton Hall getting absolutely waxed at home by Xavier in the scrambled eggs start time. Had absolutely no interest in playing so far. Xavier looking forward their first Q1 win.
Xavier has been one of the more disappointing teams this year. Like UCLA and Washington, the talent is there to be so better than the record they've earned.

Providence just won at #16 Butler. Lots of upsets today. Ben a fun day of hoops.

Not sure what the hell TT was doing there at the end of game. Down by 3 and they got 2 shots within the final 11 seconds and both times they drove to the bucket. I suppose on the first shot they were hoping for a quick score and then foul, then on the 2nd attempt they must have just been hoping to get a bucket and the foul but I'd think their best chance was to just shoot the 3.

Not sure what the hell TT was doing there at the end of game. Down by 3 and they got 2 shots within the final 11 seconds and both times they drove to the bucket. I suppose on the first shot they were hoping for a quick score and then foul, then on the 2nd attempt they must have just been hoping to get a bucket and the foul but I'd think their best chance was to just shoot the 3.
I always get annoyed when the announcers say that a team doesn't need a 3 -- which they say every damn time. Coaches often follow the same bad logic. It's not that I don't mind an easy 2 if there's time to foul and then have a reasonable offensive set on your next possession after fouling. But too often I see teams focused on getting a 2pt shot in that situation instead of running offense with the first option being a shooter getting a look at a 3. That 2 should be when it's there as an easy layup due to an overplay by the defense toward your shooter.

#1 Or v. #4 Stan has been good. 4 pts. only on PacNet. sad that there isn't more interest

Crap calls in this Auburn Kentucky game. Didn’t bet it. Would be real pissed if I took Kentucky and the 3. Touch fouls under the basket? Meh.

#21, 23, 25 have lost today. We only end up unranked next week if we lose and even then might sneak in around 25. Would rather just take care of business.

What are your cutest dad horses for the tourney? I still think West Virginia. Flawed but I really like then. Teams I’m off? Too many to mention.

Back