What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/30-12/1

Back to campus

I agree, until Vegas is an option. I understand the neutral site argument, but if that game is at Husky Stadium, attendance would have been double (they reported 35k).

Regardless, it should be on a Saturday. That's the day for serious college football. Playing on a Friday basically is basically an abdication to the other leagues, an admission that we aren't a competitive product compared to them. That's an awful sign.

Back to campus

I agree, until Vegas is an option. I understand the neutral site argument, but if that game is at Husky Stadium, attendance would have been double (they reported 35k).

The Sun Belt Championship game is being played right now at App State ... and the atmosphere is electric. I'm all for the CCG being played at the home stadium of the PAC 12 division winner with the best conference record, with overall record being a tiebreaker. Of course that means that the game might be played in Boulder or SLC in inclement weather ... but hey, that's football! :)

The Sun Belt Championship game is being played right now at App State ... and the atmosphere is electric. I'm all for the CCG being played at the home stadium of the PAC 12 division winner with the best conference record, with overall record being a tiebreaker. Of course that means that the game might be played in Boulder or SLC ... but hey, that's football! :)
As long as we have the playoff system, higher ranked team in playoff rankings should host.

that OB spot was a P12 official type move. Why he wasn't given his forward progress is ridiculous

Wow ... great hit by the Texass DB to prevent a first down for OU. That's the way to tackle without getting a targeting call.

Regardless, it should be on a Saturday. That's the day for serious college football. Playing on a Friday basically is basically an abdication to the other leagues, an admission that we aren't a competitive product compared to them. That's an awful sign.

Agree on the Saturday game. Nobody who doesn't have a specific interest in one of the teams is in a college football mood on Friday night.

I know they could get more attendance going on campus but the neutral site works much better as a marketing tool working with sponsors and corporate types. Vegas though would be much better for that than Levi stadium is.

Sam Boyd in Vegas would have handled that crowd last night and been rocking. In 2020 the new Raiders stadium opens.

Agree on the Saturday game. Nobody who doesn't have a specific interest in one of the teams is in a college football mood on Friday night.

I know they could get more attendance going on campus but the neutral site works much better as a marketing tool working with sponsors and corporate types. Vegas though would be much better for that than Levi stadium is.

Sam Boyd in Vegas would have handled that crowd last night and been rocking. In 2020 the new Raiders stadium opens.
Travel wise, it is harder to get to a Friday game from out of town than it is to get to a Saturday game. It is just a conference game after all and you normally don't know the teams until the Saturday before. Some people have to work during the work week.

When you're going up against the MAC championship game ... and that turns out to be a much better game to watch, you have a problem.

Larry Scott needs to go!

Travel wise, it is harder to get to a Friday game from out of town than it is to get to a Saturday game. It is just a conference game after all and you normally don't know the teams until the Saturday before. Some people have to work during the work week.

Correct. And most conference sites don't have a large availability of seats that can be booked in the last week prior to the game. Imagine if Washington State or Oregon State were to host the CCG. Getting flights in and hotel rooms would be a disaster.

This is another reason for Vegas. Vegas has easy flight access from almost anywhere. If outbound flights from a schools fanbase to Vegas are full it is easy to make secondary connections. Vegas also almost always has a huge number of hotel rooms available. And as a bonus those flights and hotels are way cheaper than what people had to pay to go to Santa Clara.

Correct. And most conference sites don't have a large availability of seats that can be booked in the last week prior to the game. Imagine if Washington State or Oregon State were to host the CCG. Getting flights in and hotel rooms would be a disaster.

This is another reason for Vegas. Vegas has easy flight access from almost anywhere. If outbound flights from a schools fanbase to Vegas are full it is easy to make secondary connections. Vegas also almost always has a huge number of hotel rooms available. And as a bonus those flights and hotels are way cheaper than what people had to pay to go to Santa Clara.

Vegas will be a game changer, and I would move it to last game on Saturday night and if the PAC can be competitive again, then the whole country has to watch P12 after dark to get the playoff figured out. Marketing 101, take advantage of dominoes that may fall your way.

The Sun Belt Championship game is being played right now at App State ... and the atmosphere is electric. I'm all for the CCG being played at the home stadium of the PAC 12 division winner with the best conference record, with overall record being a tiebreaker. Of course that means that the game might be played in Boulder or SLC in inclement weather ... but hey, that's football! :)

And the weather is crappy too

The PAC needs two elite teams, ideally one from each division, in order to have the rest of the country give a damn. USC also brings a lot of national attention so the entire conference benefits when they are good. It's really ****ing embarrassing when the Sun Belt and MAC championship games are much more fun to watch from strictly an atmosphere and production standpoint. A move to the Pac may have ultimately been the right move but it's difficult to swallow as a fan when the fanbases of the Big 12 seem to be much more rabid, we don't have anything remotely resembling a rivalry in the Pac, and frankly the Pac has become the national laughingstock. Great.

Watching the B12 CCG. Texas is going to have unreal hype next season. That Sam Ehlinger is only a soph.

Aside from Scott's gaffes and the terrible marketing decisions, it also doesn't help that the conference hasn't had a perennial playoff contender as of late. The ACC is also littered with apathetic fanbases and football-wise they've been very mediocre recently but Clemson is pretty much keeping the status of that conference intact. And of course basketball certainly isn't doing any harm to the status of the conference.

Aside from Scott's gaffes and the terrible marketing decisions, it also doesn't help that the conference hasn't had a perennial playoff contender as of late. The ACC is also littered with apathetic fanbases and football-wise they've been very mediocre recently but Clemson is pretty much keeping the status of that conference intact. And of course basketball certainly isn't doing any harm to the status of the conference.

Would love to see Clemson lose today for the sheer chaos of it, the ACC on the whole isn't very strong. Wonder if they'd still be in?

Be careful folks. We're not supposed to criticize the PAC12 here on AB....

I highly doubt Clemson gets in if they lose tonight unless OU and Ohio State both lose. And even then I'm not sure they'd get in given their best wins are Syracuse and Texas A&M by a total of 6 points.

I think Georgia can make this a close game if they can run ball efficiently, Swift has looked great the past few games since he got healthy. And Neuheisel touched on this but it wouldn't be surprising if Georgia mixed in some option plays with Fields. They played a heavy option team last week in GT and Fields was probably their scout team QB in preparation for that game, plus Bama struggled a bit against Citadel's option.

Back