What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/30-12/1

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
No it isn't all coaching news, we have football.

Well not really other games because Colorado isn’t playing but it is games involving other teams than our Buffs.

Good thing that Nebraska didn’t reschedule Akron for this weekend so they would be available to play Ohio State in the B1G Championship Game. Unfortunately beating up on traditional power Bethune-Cookman didn’t get them any closer to actually competing for their division championship so their fans get to stay home and string Christmas lights on the trailer.

Friday we start the schedule with the MAC title game. Northern Illinois (7-5) against Buffalo (10-2.)

In games that do matter we have some that will directly impact who goes to the playoffs for the championship.

Win or lose (1) Alabama is probably a lock for the playoff. If (4) Georgia were to upset them that would probably set the SEC up for having two teams in the bracket.

Also a likely lock is (2) Clemson who shouldn’t have much trouble beating Pittsburgh (7-5.) Notre Dame (3) doesn’t play and it would be a surprise should two teams pass them up.

If Georgia loses that opens the door for another team to step up into the final spot. Most likely would be (5) Oklahoma with a win over (14) Texas.

An upset in that game and next up would be (6) Ohio State assuming they beat (21) Northwestern.

UCF (8) is going to have to settle for another self-declared National Championship and the PAC has no shot with (11) Washington playing (17) Utah for the league title on Friday night.

All of our local schools are done but the MWC title will be determined by (25) Fresno State against (22) Boise.

It has no impact on the final standings but making up a game delayed due to the fires earlier Stanford plays Cal. Both are 7-4 so the game is for bragging rights and a better bowl slot.

No it isn't all coaching news, we have football.

Well not really other games because Colorado isn’t playing but it is games involving other teams than our Buffs.

Good thing that Nebraska didn’t reschedule Akron for this weekend so they would be available to play Ohio State in the B1G Championship Game. Unfortunately beating up on traditional power Bethune-Cookman didn’t get them any closer to actually competing for their division championship so their fans get to stay home and string Christmas lights on the trailer.

Friday we start the schedule with the MAC title game. Northern Illinois (7-5) against Buffalo (10-2.)

In games that do matter we have some that will directly impact who goes to the playoffs for the championship.

Win or lose (1) Alabama is probably a lock for the playoff. If (4) Georgia were to upset them that would probably set the SEC up for having two teams in the bracket.

Also a likely lock is (2) Clemson who shouldn’t have much trouble beating Pittsburgh (7-5.) Notre Dame (3) doesn’t play and it would be a surprise should two teams pass them up.

If Georgia loses that opens the door for another team to step up into the final spot. Most likely would be (5) Oklahoma with a win over (14) Texas.

An upset in that game and next up would be (6) Ohio State assuming they beat (21) Northwestern.

UCF (8) is going to have to settle for another self-declared National Championship and the PAC has no shot with (11) Washington playing (17) Utah for the league title on Friday night.

All of our local schools are done but the MWC title will be determined by (25) Fresno State against (22) Boise.

It has no impact on the final standings but making up a game delayed due to the fires earlier Stanford plays Cal. Both are 7-4 so the game is for bragging rights and a better bowl slot.

Funniest part of this weekend-A certain former assistant at Ohio State (his name starts with a T and ends with an om Herman) who Buckeye fans blame for the Zach Smith thing becoming public knowledge is now key to their CFP hopes.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...role-zach-smith-ohio-state-buckeyes-reporting

Funniest part of this weekend-A certain former assistant at Ohio State (his name starts with a T and ends with an om Herman) who Buckeye fans blame for the Zach Smith thing becoming public knowledge is now key to their CFP hopes.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...role-zach-smith-ohio-state-buckeyes-reporting

Maybe. Try this one on for size.

Sometime after the red River game, a certain uTerus lb publicly stated that, "OU sucks". He was reprimanded by the conference.

Then, in an attempt to outdo themselves, this week the bigtex conference issued a statement that any players who flashed the "horns-down" during the ccg would be hit with a 15 yard personal foul penalty.

2nd rate organization.

Hey ... don't go dissing the MIGHTY MAC!! :mad:

Need I remind you that Purdue, which obliterated the Suckeyes by 29 points, was beaten at home by a middling MAC team (coincidentally my own EMU Hurons (y)) earlier in the season?

In all seriousness, the MAC plays a quality brand of football ... and not just among themselves. Remember when Central Mich beat Okie Lite in Stillwater a few years ago? Personally, I will be paying more attention the MAC CCG than I will the one in the PAC 12.

GO WILDCATS!!

Last edited:
Isn't pretty much everyone in the SEC either a dog or a cat for a mascot?
they do have two teams nicknamed "Tigers" and two teams nicknamed "Bulldogs"

The southeast is not known for its originality

LSU, Auburn & Mizzou are all tigers. Is that it? Just 3/14 is not so bad, I guess. And the the SEC region is famous for its indigenous tiger population, so it's all good.

LSU, Auburn & Mizzou are all tigers. Is that it? Just 3/14 is not so bad, I guess. And the the SEC region is famous for its indigenous tiger population, so it's all good.
I keep forgetting Mizzou is an SEC team.

Kentucky has a cat mascot as well
Tennessee and A&M's both have dog mascots

that's 8/14

And if you're talking "mascots" as opposed to "nicknames" ... you also have Tennessee's coonhound and A&M's miniature collie.

Let's face it ... no school's mascot measures up to Ralphie, even if our nickname is incorrect as to actual species.

And if you're talking "mascots" as opposed to "nicknames" ... you also have Tennessee's coonhound and A&M's miniature collie.

Let's face it ... no school's mascot measures up to Ralphie, even if our nickname is incorrect as to actual species.
We also named a chick "Ralphie".

Got to keep things weird in Boulder. It's kind of what we do.

Hey ... don't go dissing the MIGHTY MAC!! :mad:

Need I remind you that Purdue, which obliterated the Suckeyes by 29 points, was beaten at home by a middling MAC team (coincidentally my own EMU Hurons (y)) earlier in the season?

In all seriousness, the MAC plays a quality brand of football ... and not just among themselves. Remember when Central Mich beat Okie Lite in Stillwater a few years ago? Personally, I will be paying more attention the MAC CCG than I will the one in the PAC 12.

GO WILDCATS!!

MAC is a step down from P5 but they do play a fun football. They come up with some very good players and as a comparison their games tend to have a lot more action than the B1G teams. That is why I tended to mention them in the Other Games post when I didn't mention a lot of P5 games.

You sound like a fusker fan trying to justify your team with selective results. The MAC though has had more than a few wins over the years though against mostly bottom level B1G teams. Not much different than MWC teams who have beaten lower end PAC teams or AAC teams who have beaten B12 and ACC teams. For the G5 teams these games are there chance as a team to prove they are legit and as individuals to try to show the P5 coaches that they made a mistake by skipping them over.

MAC of course is also known as the "Cradle of coaches" for a reason. Lots of very successful coaches spent time coaching in the MAC.

No one at the championship game. Conference is an afterthought. Playing the game at Levis stadium at 5pm on a Friday night is a horrible decision.

Bad time slot and worse location. Stanford and Cal don't get fans excited in their own stadiums. Unless one of them is in it nobody is coming out to see the CCG.

Put it in Vegas which is way cheaper to visit on short notice and more fun for the fans.

The championship game needs to be in Vegas.

Cheap flights for pretty much every fan base. Lots of hotels to fit just about any budget. Within not unreasonable road trip distance for students (or fans) on really tight budgets. Nice weather in late Nov/early Dec. Other **** to do before/after the game.

The championship game needs to be in Vegas.

Cheap flights for pretty much every fan base. Lots of hotels to fit just about any budget. Within not unreasonable road trip distance for students (or fans) on really tight budgets. Nice weather in late Nov/early Dec. Other **** to do before/after the game.
Exactly. And as Mtn said, this is a town that has 2 conference teams and doesn't show up for either of them. Hell, at least in LA we've got teams playing in stadium that seat over 80k and they fill them when the teams are good. How did we choose SF for this game? It's so stupid.

Congrats to Washington for flipping the field there.
AnxiousSilentBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif

Browning made the wrong read there.

Others have said it on this site but Browning does not impress me.

Yes he is smart and he runs that system well with a minimum of mistakes but I don't see anything that jumps out to me and says he is going to be a quality pro. Correct me if I am wrong but I also don't remember many times when he has taken over a game as Washington and elevated them above who they are and won a game they shouldn't.

Yes he is smart and he runs that system well with a minimum of mistakes but I don't see anything that jumps out to me and says he is going to be a quality pro. Correct me if I am wrong but I also don't remember many times when he has taken over a game as Washington and elevated them above who they are and won a game they shouldn't.
Yes. We've talked about it. Limited with high football IQ. He's a rich man's Cody Hawkins. Same player as a senior as he was as a freshman.

If he has a future in the no fun league, it's as a career backup - Kubiak style. Although I think even Kubiak had better physical tools.

Back