What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10 to invite 6 Big 12 schools

Loved this comment:

"Without NU the Big 12 is doomed. It's the only class act in the league". :lol:

Loved this comment:

"Without NU the Big 12 is doomed. It's the only class act in the league". :lol:

The most humble, too... :lol: :lol:

I honestly had to keep checking that story to convince myself it was from an Okla. paper. I could have sworn it was written in Stinkoln or Omaha. "Nobody cares about Missouri, but EVERYBODY wants Nubraska to stay" :puke: :puke:

The thought of Aggy in the P10 makes me laugh out loud. Talk about culture shock, not only when they're visiting places like Cal, but also when those folks come in to Collie Station...:lol:

Interesting thought. I might make the effort to catch Oregon or ASU or Cal at Kyle Field of it doesn't conflict with cheering on the Buffs.

Here's what I want to know:

1. Why are the Super 6 letting this all hinge on NU and Mizzou? My only guess is that the Pac 10 will retract the whole deal if UT is not part of the package and UT's first choice would be to keep the Big 12 in tact. We may be looking at a situation where Texas is lobbying Mizzou and NU to stay - if that's the case Osborne will milk that s**t for all he can.

2. What happens if UT goes Big 10 instead? I doubt the deal from the Pac will still be on the table in its current form.

Could there be a possibility that CU is headed to the Pac-10 no matter what if any scenario of the Big XII dissolution comes to pass?

Here's what I want to know:

1. Why are the Super 6 letting this all hinge on NU and Mizzou? My only guess is that the Pac 10 will retract the whole deal if UT is not part of the package and UT's first choice would be to keep the Big 12 in tact. We may be looking at a situation where Texas is lobbying Mizzou and NU to stay - if that's the case Osborne will milk that s**t for all he can.

Because its in the best interest of Texas and to a lesser extent OU that the Big 12 stays intact.. You really think Texas wants to give up all the success they have had in this conference?

I think Nebraska would be a too big of a loss for the Big 12 to continue.. We could live with Missouri leaving by replacing them with Utah but both Nebraska and Missouri leaving would kill the North..

Texas doesn't want to be in the Big 10.. They don't want to be traveling up to the cold every road trip..

So does CU's annual schedule look something like this if all goes as planned?

CSU
OOC
OOC
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Arizona
Arizona State

PLUS a rotation of 2 of the following:

Standford
UCLA
USC
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

That essentially looks like a move to the Big 12 South to me.

Could there be a possibility that CU is headed to the Pac-10 no matter what if any scenario of the Big XII dissolution comes to pass?

No matter what Bohn says, I think that would be his preference. But if UT decides to stay with the Big XII and it stays intact, the remaining teams will no doubt rake us over the coals on the exit penalty issue. That's why our best bet is for the Big XII to dissolve, no matter where the exiting teams go (assuming we don't stay in the Big XII, of course...)

I just don't see that possibility coming with a $20M payday.

The only reason CU would move to the Pac 10 would be financially driven.

All discussion about the 45K California based CU alumni aside, I just don't see how CU would get a better TV deal from a CU/UU 12 Pac than would would be negotiated by a business as usual B12.

CSU
OOC
OOC
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Arizona
Arizona State

Standford
UCLA
USC
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

Probably not. If we make the move, it would *probably* entail a schedule of 3 OOC games, 3 games against our Pac "pod" which would ostenisbly be ASU, UA and Tech (bleh), and two home and two away games against the other three pods. ITB came up with it (probably stole the idea, he never comes up with anything original) and posted it somewhere way back in this thread.

So no, it would not be a move to the Big 12 south. In fact, we'd play those goofs just as much under this new system as we do now, save for Tech (bleh).

If we have coattails, we need to kick TT off of them and put KU on. If not KU, then UU. Tech just makes no sense to me at all. If UT can stipulate that the Pac takes OU, OSU and A&M, can't we at least get one school of our choice?

Kansas is linked to Kansas State.. Politically they would be a fight in Kansas against them for leaving KjSU on its own.. It will be much easier to just add Tech.. That's the Pac 10 thinking.

Kansas is linked to Kansas State.. Politically they would be a fight in Kansas against them for leaving KjSU on its own.. It will be much easier to just add Tech.. That's the Pac 10 thinking.

Screw it then. We'll take *ebraska just to eff with the whole conference and be able to lord it over them for the rest of their lives. :lol:

Bohn didn't do anything wrong. All he did yesterday was say that whatever was reported yesterday was as credible as anything else. He was on the radio in Denver this morning and said that he would like to keep the Big12 together, but everything depends on what other conferences and teams do. He said that everything is really dependant on someone going first, and once one team makes an announcement everything else will play out.

You know Bohn should just shut the **** up about it.. He looks like a fool saying one thing and then backtracking two minutes later..

Because its in the best interest of Texas and to a lesser extent OU that the Big 12 stays intact.. You really think Texas wants to give up all the success they have had in this conference?

I think Nebraska would be a too big of a loss for the Big 12 to continue.. We could live with Missouri leaving by replacing them with Utah but both Nebraska and Missouri leaving would kill the North..

Texas doesn't want to be in the Big 10.. They don't want to be traveling up to the cold every road trip..

That's pretty much where I was going and I agree with you. I guess it makes me a little nervous that our chances of this happening hinge on Texas agreeing to leave a conference they would prefer to stay in.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Dodds meets with Tom Osborne trying to sell him on staying in the Big 12..."Well DeLoss, why don't you get to work on my corncob and we'll talk about it. Bebee can watch if he sits in the corner quietly."

That's pretty much where I was going and I agree with you. I guess it makes me a little nervous that our chances of this happening hinge on Texas agreeing to leave a conference they would prefer to stay in.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Dodds meets with Tom Osborne trying to sell him on staying in the Big 12..."Well DeLoss, why don't you get to work on my corncob and we'll talk about it. Bebee can watch if he sits in the corner quietly."

How this is all shaping up, texas is the one holding all the cards.. We are just in for the ride and luckily we are driving with Texas wherever they go.. (don't think the Big 10 is an option for Texas).. We'll be in the Big 12 or the Pac 10..

CSU
OOC
OOC
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Arizona
Arizona State

Standford
UCLA
USC
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

I agree but that could be huge for recruiting in Texas by playing all those schools every year. While I'm not thrilled about being in the same division as Texas and Oklahoma if it means getting 20 mil a year in revs from the TV network than $&*@ it!! In my opinion CU is one permanent indoor practice facility and one big time coach away from being great again. We all know the campus sells itself, there is a bit of a pedigree and tradition in the past and the academics are good. We will always have those pieces to ensuring a great program and these last two just require money - Money that we don't have right now and don't look to have anytime soon without something like this unless this so called "50 Million Dollar" buff club magically drops out of the sky....crickets, crickets.

I just don't see that possibility coming with a $20M payday.

The only reason CU would move to the Pac 10 would be financially driven.

All discussion about the 45K California based CU alumni aside, I just don't see how CU would get a better TV deal from a CU/UU 12 Pac than would would be negotiated by a business as usual B12.

Of course if it was just CU/UU the PAC 10 is still in position to make a major jump in TV dollars. The recent ACC contract for a league with less market reach and less prestige means that the PAC 10 is going to go to the bank either way. Adding two more teams lets them add a championship game. It also gives them a solid footing in the Rocky Mountain west for their TV network. If they can get Texas to go along they really change things because then they have the Texas market and Texas and OU have very strong appeal nationally but if UT decided to go a different direction like the SEC or the Big X it would still serve the PAC 10 and CU financially to expand.

Of course if it was just CU/UU the PAC 10 is still in position to make a major jump in TV dollars. The recent ACC contract for a league with less market reach and less prestige means that the PAC 10 is going to go to the bank either way. Adding two more teams lets them add a championship game. It also gives them a solid footing in the Rocky Mountain west for their TV network. If they can get Texas to go along they really change things because then they have the Texas market and Texas and OU have very strong appeal nationally but if UT decided to go a different direction like the SEC or the Big X it would still serve the PAC 10 and CU financially to expand.

If we left we would be only eligible for 50% of TV revenue for the last 2 years and pay a 5 million exit fee to leave the Big 12.. I don't think the school can take that kind of hit if Texas isn't coming along because there is no guarantee that Utah and CU would significantly change the Pac 10 television contract.. Utah and CU, I'm sorry isn't going to change the Pac 10 conference alone.. I still don't think its better than the Big 12 in terms of prestige other than they have the Pac 10 name but let's be honest USC is the king and the rest of the schools are middle of the pack football schools that aren't going to bring big time national ratings... Without Texas and OU, I think the Pac 10 is just expanding just to expand much like what the ACC did a few years back (which as you can see hasn't exactly worked out as they had hoped)

We are either staying in the Big 12 or going in the 6th team merger that is being speculated.. I do

How screwed does ISU feel? If this happens and MU takes the Big 11 invitation can you imagine a situation where NU is on the outside looking in? Like them or not but that's insane.

I guess you'd see a new big 12 or something. NU, ISU, KU, KSU, CSU, BSU, Utah, Baylor, TCU, Houston, SMU, BYU

Personally, I don't like this. If we get lopped in with UA and ASU itll be just like the old north and south with the Cali schools and the Texas schools dominating. I was hoping for something more egalitarian.

How this is all shaping up, texas is the one holding all the cards.. We are just in for the ride and luckily we are driving with Texas wherever they go.. (don't think the Big 10 is an option for Texas).. We'll be in the Big 12 or the Pac 10..

I agree with this 100%. Money aside, I don't think UT wants anything to do with the Big Televen. The weather sucks and the roadies would be in much more favorable climates in the P16. While the money certainly matters, UT is one of the few schools in the country that can forego money for a better situation. They're not hurting for money.

This thing is huge. If it goes down, it looks like KU, KjSU, ISU and Baylor will be getting the proverbial shaft...maybe they could get the copyright on the Big 4. The logo could be the Big XII-VIII=IV. Of course, somebody would have to translate for the kitties....

On the bright side, they could easily play a home and home every season.

im starting to feel kinda uneasy... like this thing might blow up... i have no substantive reason for this... i just have a gut feeling something will go wrong... either staying in the big 12 or tejas goes to the big 11 and we die with the rest of the big12

im starting to feel kinda uneasy... like this thing might blow up... i have no substantive reason for this... i just have a gut feeling something will go wrong... either staying in the big 12 or tejas goes to the big 11 and we die with the rest of the big12

Texas ain't leaving for the Big 10.. They dont' want to be in a conference where all the teams play in cold weather..

it's gotten awfully quiet... anyone have a clue

Clueless.gif

Good find from NCAABBS:

http://whois.domaintools.com/pac-16.org

Domain ID
biggrin.gif
159150803-LROR
Domain Name:pAC-16.ORG
Created On:12-May-2010 01:24:55 UTC
Last Updated On:12-May-2010 01:24:57 UTC
Expiration Date:12-May-2011 01:24:55 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR47676672
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization
biggrin.gif
omains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1
biggrin.gif
omainsByProxy.com
Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:85260
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.4806242599
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.4806242598
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID:CR47676683
Admin Name:Registration Private
Admin Organization
biggrin.gif
omains by Proxy, Inc.
Admin Street1
biggrin.gif
omainsByProxy.com
Admin Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Scottsdale
Admin State/Province:Arizona
Admin Postal Code:85260
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.4806242599
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.4806242598
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:CR47676677
Tech Name:Registration Private
Tech Organization
biggrin.gif
omains by Proxy, Inc.
Tech Street1
biggrin.gif
omainsByProxy.com
Tech Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Scottsdale
Tech State/Province:Arizona
Tech Postal Code:85260
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:+1.4806242599
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+1.4806242598
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:NS21.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS22.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Unsigned

The important question here is - can you make a cool clock for a league with 16 teams??? :huh:

Back