What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-10 to invite 6 Big 12 schools

Don't let it go to your head. At this point, we'd do almost anything to get just about anybody's football coach.... :sad1:

FF_154569_xl.jpg

41-06-41-06782-F.jpg

I think Hockey could be a revenue generator for the AD....maybe. this state seems to like it's Hockey. Avs, DU, CC. We'd rule the PAC 16!!:smile2:

If the eventual offshoot of all this means we get a varsity Hockey team, I'll swallow my distaste for the whorns and live with it.

Skid, I'd love to see us schedule AFA. I grew up on AFA football and I'm enamored with the pageantry that surrounds the Academy. One of the best places in the country to see a college game.

The two schools just have two totally different goals at the end of the day and are so night and day different. We would never replace Army or Navy as a primary rival.

If you can't tell, I'm just fed up with the "can't do" attitude mixed with the whining about Texas. It's not Texas's problem that Colorado can't fight it's way out of a paper bag. There's too many excuses and not enough bold leadership. Take some responsibility, people. These are our Buffs.

And here we are looking like ignorant spoiled brats for turning our noses down at TT, which has a football program that revolutionized the spread to the point where they were actually relevent on the national stage and (gasp) beat a Colt McCoy lead Longhorn team in one of the most exciting football games of the past two years.

The offer to join the Pac16, if it materializes, is simply stunning. It's a blessing. Any flaws with it are lagely of our own making.

apparently on the Ticket there was discussion about the rumors. This from the tech boards:

That there were emergency meetings late into the night in KC.

It may be the Big 12's "Last Supper."

If you can't tell, I'm just fed up with the "can't do" attitude mixed with the whining about Texas. It's not Texas's problem that Colorado can't fight it's way out of a paper bag. There's too many excuses and not enough bold leadership. Take some responsibility, people. These are our Buffs.

And here we are looking like ignorant spoiled brats for turning our noses down at TT, which has a football program that revolutionized the spread to the point where they were actually relevent on the national stage and (gasp) beat a Colt McCoy lead Longhorn team in one of the most exciting football games of the past two years.

The offer to join the Pac16, if it materializes, is simply stunning. It's a blessing. Any flaws with it are lagely of our own making.

I completely agree with this.

I just didn't get the AFA tangent.

CU, should this happen will play more frequently in California, where we recruit the heaviest. Not to mention being on TV all the time there. We also get to be seen in Texas too. AZ is rapidly becoming a good place to recruit from too. While this is not my perfect scenario, there are way more positives than negatives to this situation.

http://www.espnaustin.com/audiovault/
Here's a link to the interview I was talking about last night. Probably O.B.E (overcome by events) by now, but still interesting. It's the "Chip Brown/OrangeBloods" interview.

The morning show was still going off about this then started discussing what an AWESOME baseball conference the Pac 16 would be. If this goes through, CU MUST FIND some way to bring baseball back.

A&M still threatening to go to SEC - all signs down here right now point to the politics to keep UT and A&M together just aren't as strong as they were back in 1994. OU and OSU probably a different story. I think the suggestion of inviting TT to ensure the 6th member to disband the conference is a pretty good theory right now. Talked to a TT fan 2 weeks ago before this broke and while I was saying that they'd probably be happy to see a weak sister North team (us) take-off to the Pac-10, his response was, "HELL NO! We want to ride y'all's coattails to the Pac-10! We hope y'all take us with you!" Hmmmm....

Also, I'd be willing to bet that KU is the Pac-16 back-up option if A&M bows out. As it is, the Pac-16 would be a fairly sweet basketball conference. Can you imagine if KU comes too? WOW!

Last edited:
http://www.espnaustin.com/audiovault/
Here's a link to the interview I was talking about last night. Probably O.B.E (overcome by events) by now, but still interesting. It's the "Chip Brown/OrangeBloods" interview.

The morning show was still going off about this then started discussing what an AWESOME baseball conference the Pac 16 would be. If this goes through, CU MUST FIND some way to bring baseball back.

A&M still threatening to go to SEC - all signs down here right now point to the politics to keep UT and A&M together just aren't as strong as they were back in 1994. OU and OSU probably a different story. I think the suggestion of inviting TT to ensure the 6th member to disband the conference is a pretty good theory right now. Talked to a TT fan 2 weeks ago before this broke and while I was saying that they'd probably be happy to see a weak sister North team (us) take-off to the Pac-10, his response was, "HELL NO! We want to ride y'all's coattails to the Pac-10! We hope y'all take us with you!" Hmmmm....

Also, I'd be willing to bet that KU is the Pac-16 back-up option if A&M bows out. As it is, the Pac-16 would be a fairly sweet basketball conference. Can you imagine if KU comes too? WOW!

We have coattails??? :wow:

Interesting that an article in another thread suggested that Tech was in instead of KU because of Texass polotics and that they couldn't just be left behind. But there's also a lot of buzz that UT and aTm aren't joined at the hip. I assume the difference is that they assume aTm can fend for themselves, while Tech would probably be truly ****ed if they don't come out of all this shakeup with a seat at a big table...

OSU and TT are passengers, not drivers. There's no doubt about that. Both schools have a few things in common. Both of those middle of nowhere programs have visionary state politicos who are strong advocates for the entirety of their state higher ed institutions. Both of those programs have had major stadium innovations funded by big time donors. The energy around the athletic departments in both places have allowed these programs to hang out in the top 25, and place a few big time play makers into the NFL.

One can only wonder what might have been possible if Colorado lawmakers and University administrators banded together CU, CSU and AFA into a more cohesive, tight nit package deal. But such organization is culturally impossible for whatever reason. This lack of common bond in Colorado is one of the reasons the TT and OSU of the world are allowed to live another day.

A big factor in this equation is that TT and OSU are already BCS schools and CSU and AFA are not.

If we have coattails, we need to kick TT off of them and put KU on. If not KU, then UU. Tech just makes no sense to me at all. If UT can stipulate that the Pac takes OU, OSU and A&M, can't we at least get one school of our choice?

If we have coattails, we need to kick TT off of them and put KU on. If not KU, then UU. Tech just makes no sense to me at all. If UT can stipulate that the Pac takes OU, OSU and A&M, can't we at least get one school of our choice?

Despite what their fans may try and say, CSU wishes with every fiber of their being that would be them.**

*Not saying that would be our choice but it's like the kid jumping up and down screaming "pick me, pick me!!!"

A big factor in this equation is that TT and OSU are already BCS schools and CSU and AFA are not.

Yep. This isn't a 2010 issue. The die was cast decades ago. And it's been in a state of inertia ever since.

Despite what their fans may try and say, CSU wishes with every fiber of their being that would be them.**

*Not saying that would be our choice but it's like the kid jumping up and down screaming "pick me, pick me!!!"

Nothing against CSU, I did grad school there, but they are stretching in to try to compete in the MWC with their budget. They have no appeal outside of the CSU community for TV and not much appeal in it, they have a hard time selling seats for home games failing to sell 30k for a top 10 Cal team visiting and averaging closer to 25k despite having ticket prices well below virtually every other BCS division team.
Their football budget would have a hard time keeping the condom machine in the locker full at Texas or U$C. They would be a revenue drain not a revenue producer and for this reason they won't even get a look.

Their biggest concern right now is that the reorganization of college football doesn't result in the break-up of the MWC in forming a completely new league resulting in CSU and Wyoming being left out entirely without a significant revenue stream from league media.

This whole things feels like being a teenager and hanging out at your house with some friends having a good time, when your pain-in-the-ass older brother comes home with his douchey friends and totally f**ks up the vibe and takes over the living room.

You're pissed and wish they would just get lost, but they brought a bunch of beer so you tolerate them because at least they're helping you and you buddies get drunk.

I hated this idea at first, sounded like we were basically moving to the Big 12 South - but after sleeping on it, CU absolutley HAS TO make this move.

We can either resign ourselves to the fact that we can never be competetive with the upper BCS crust and turn into a mid-major, or we can commit to competing with the best and take advantage of a new opportunity and lots more cash and make a run at being a successful program again. This conference will be brutal, but CU is perfectly capable of succeeding if we want to.

If nothing else, I want to see the CU admin make this move to show me they actually care about having a successful athletic department.

Go Buffs!

Skiddy's been pretty on-point in this thread so I've shut the **** up and let him argue for me. :thumbsup:

ITB's pod idea is a winner in my eyes. If they could just replace the Oklahoma schools with the Utah ones this would be a perfect deal if all schools accept. Purely for selfish, travel reasons to the schools out west and for bragging/personal rivalry ties to the invited schools south of us. Otherwise, I'd find it copacetic if the Big 12 just stay how it is. Damn that $20 mil is making me drool though.

Where are the pac 10 meetings? I want to go hang around in a CU shirt and throw piss balloons as a means of introduction.

Google "1350 Treat Blvd, Walnut Creek, CA." Should be a good starting point. Fare thee well, golden balloon-chucker.

Chip Brown at Orangeblood apparently reporting of possible bidding war between Comcast and Fox for Network rights $$$$

Bidding war is good if you're the seller.

Knowing how much the PAC-16 TV contract would rake in has to be part of the puzzle.

While it kinda sucks to be lumped in with the South schools, a benefit is that we'd develop divisional rivalries with the AZ schools. I love that. Those schools are fun as all get out, and field sports teams somewhat on par with us. Will make for close competition.

Will anyone that has a rivals sub post the content of Chip Miller's Orangebloods article up right now? I'm curious where things stand, and he's had this story by the balls.

With respect to divisions. I'd rather we be in pods of 4 teams (CU with Arizona schools + Utah/Tech) and then play 2 teams from each of the other 3 pods / year, with 3 non-conference games.

With divisional split, presumably we'd play each team in our division for 7 games and then a home game and away with the other division. This means we will only see some teams from the other division in Folsom once every 8 years. Not much of a conference "brotherhood" created this way.

Will anyone that has a rivals sub post the content of Chip Miller's Orangebloods article up right now? I'm curious where things stand, and he's had this story by the balls.

Please don't.

We don't allow posting of info from pay sites that is only available to subscribers. Someone can PM you the info if they choose.

Back