What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 countdown

Cullen Bryant was a DB at CU who was benching over 400 lbs! And he went on to be a pretty decent RB for the Rams. Like Russell, a first team All-American. One heckuvan athlete.

Last edited:
Damn, if Mason has been #25 or something, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Dude is wearing a Super Bowl ring and he can't crack the top two guys who've ever worn his number.

Damn, if Mason has been #25 or something, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Dude is wearing a Super Bowl ring and he can't crack the top two guys who've ever worn his number.

Rep given. How many games were won with his leg for the Buffs?

Rep given. How many games were won with his leg for the Buffs?

He won a Super Bowl at CU? Dude had a freaky leg, definitely and he was the best player on one of the WORST CU teams I hope I ever have the displeasure of watching. But....he's a kicker. He was playing Madden during 7 on 7 and came out and kicked during special teams periods. Matt Russell was fighting with me during those practices and living like a Rock Star in between. No contest here.

I don't think kickers are given the appropriate amount of respect. We've seen how piss poor a football team can be that doesn't have a halfway decent kicker. I'm not going to say Mason was better than Matt Russell - he wasn't - but he was a concensus All-American and four year starter at CU. That's impressive regardless of position.

http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/football/2010_Info_Guide/all_time_numbers_pg355-356.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=600

15 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

Football greats that wore 15:

Steve Beck, S
Jeremey Bloom, WR
Jim Cooch, CB
Pete Dadiotis, PK
Randy Geist, LB
David Gibbs, CB
Merwin Hodel, RB
Dan Kelly, QB
Paul Krause, SE
Steve Rosga, FS
Gus Shannon, OG
Ryan Walters, FS
Clayton White, E

Today's school covered in the CU countdown:

washington_state_logo.jpg

washington_state_campus.jpg

washington_state_action.jpg

No love for second generation Buff and Buffalo Heart award-winning, hard hitting bad-ass Ryan Walters??

Also, I'm partial to Cooch.

Love me some Rosga. He owns the record for the longest INT return, 100yds against OK State in '96. Great game!

Bloom is probably the most famous, but let's be honest, he didn't do a whole lot at CU. He was only here for two years. And while explosive, he was under-utilized. I'd pick Walters, myself.

Often forgotten Rosga made big plays like an INT on the goaline vs #7 Kstate in '95 and had 11 INTs to Ryan's 5.

Bloom should get bonus points because he brought a LOT of gorgeous female fans out to games who would try to show off for him by wearing as little clothing as possible and writing his number all over themselves. That gets him my vote.

Bloom should get bonus points because he brought a LOT of gorgeous female fans out to games who would try to show off for him by wearing as little clothing as possible and writing his number all over themselves. That gets him my vote.

this man makes a very strong argument.

I remember a lot of beautiful women wearing very little clothing at games in the pre-Bloom era. Is it possible that only their mission changed?

I remember a lot of beautiful women wearing very little clothing at games in the pre-Bloom era. Is it possible that only their mission changed?

I noticed a difference in the games I went to pre-Bloom, with Bloom and post-Bloom. I think they were just more aggressive with Jeremy there, and for that I thank them.

I don't think kickers are given the appropriate amount of respect. We've seen how piss poor a football team can be that doesn't have a halfway decent kicker. I'm not going to say Mason was better than Matt Russell - he wasn't - but he was a concensus All-American and four year starter at CU. That's impressive regardless of position.

Each was one of the best at their postions to ever strap on B&G

Back