What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 News - UCLA Punter Accused of Rape

Jim Mora surely has only Myles Jack's best interests in his heart.
Mora has nothing to gain from a guy who's already left school. So this message must be for other player's consideration. This seems like a valid concern to me. Why do you think it isn't?

Mora has nothing to gain from a guy who's already left school. So this message must be for other player's consideration. This seems like a valid concern to me. Why do you think it isn't?

In Jack's case, I don't really think it's going to affect his draft status much, if at all. And I was speaking strictly about Jack, not any other player.

I also admit to being cynical about pretty much anything Mora says.

I was thinking we had our own Miles Jack in George Frazier?? Has he even had the ball this year? What about him playing some LB or DE or even TE?

Last edited:
George is nowhere near the athlete of Miles Jack. Not close.
George is primarily a blocking back. He's had a few balls thrown his way, but he's not super athletic like Miles. Sefo tried to hit him on a quick seam route which was open last week, but alas, he threw it very hard and a little high and George didn't get real close to hauling that one in.

This just days after a frat got in trouble for a party that may have involved Black Face. Not a good week for UCLA press.

Would you take this kind of negative press (again) if it meant CU was on the level UCLA is right now?
I don't want CU players being accused of rape.

But you seem to be implying that to be competitive at that level you have to throw your morales out the window. That isn't true.

Besides that - it isn't like CU players are angels even though we suck

What's your point?
Would you be willing to deal with some negative press surrounding the program again, if it meant CU was competitive in the Pac 12? It's a huge generality, and I'm not trolling; just interested in hearing different thoughts on the type of person you're OK with being recruited to CU. Maybe a subject for another thread.

But you seem to be implying that to be competitive at that level you have to throw your morales out the window. That isn't true.

Compared to UGA, our program is squeaky clean in this regard.

Would you be willing to deal with some negative press surrounding the program again, if it meant CU was competitive in the Pac 12? It's a huge generality, and I'm not trolling; just interested in hearing different thoughts on the type of person you're OK with being recruited to CU. Maybe a subject for another thread.

I don't have a problem with a few of the kids get drunk and stupid things. That is a reality on any campus, college kids do that everywhere.

If winning means girls get raped and random violence is accepted against innocent people I'd rather keep losing.

Would you take this kind of negative press (again) if it meant CU was on the level UCLA is right now?

Rape allegations and potentially racist frat parties? Hell no.

First of all, we're talking about a damn punter here. So even if it was petty theft the answer is "HELL NO!!!".

I'd put up with a lot for a Heisman caliber quarterback, this is too rapey. On the wrong side of the line that Jameis Winston was right up against while he remained on the "I could stomach it for a guy with that talent" side of the line.

The racist stuff with the black face could actually be a worse thing for the locker room. How does a guy possibly fit into the team, let alone lead, if he's pulling crap that makes pretty much the rest of the roster want to put a severe attitude adjustment beatdown on him?

Come on, man!
I'm not trying to get people to say they're OK with rape allegations. Of course that's never OK. My point was more of a general question referring to at what point do you draw the line in the type of kid you recruit? Are you OK with headlines about multiple players being arrested for theft or making "terroristic threats" in public places? Those two incidents alone accounted for 9(!!!) players in the past two years. Would people be OK with these headlines reading CU instead of UGA?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...orgia-bulldogs-players-arrested-theft-charges
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ge...cident-report-one-making-terroristic-threats/

Up to a certain point, you just accept some young men are going to make stupid decisions.

To clarify, our morale probably isn't peaking right now...

Yeah, what did that guy ever do to Shek that he wants to throw him out a window?
He hit a hell of a bomb last night, too!

Back