What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please beat Utah this week to shut them up

giphy.gif
Surprised this took so long

Only one way to be sure:

@UtahaluminTX - why do you guys call BYU fans zoobs?
Ok I'll bite. Has something to do with the 'school' in Provo being akin to a zoo, and the old romper room sing of being a "do-be". Gotta be old to understand that. More importantly, I was there for the 'Rice Bowl' in 1988 totally unexpected Utes beatdown of the still proud Lavell Edwards ybu team. 57 - 28 forever etched in memory. They just suck now so hardly care about them. Just a yearly tune up game where they pretend they are relevant to anything and then talk about how they would've won if 3 plays went the other way (never mind Kyle having the steeds take a knee rather than score again in last minute).

Ok I'll bite. Has something to do with the 'school' in Provo being akin to a zoo, and the old romper room sing of being a "do-be". Gotta be old to understand that. More importantly, I was there for the 'Rice Bowl' in 1988 totally unexpected Utes beatdown of the still proud Lavell Edwards ybu team. 57 - 28 forever etched in memory. They just suck now so hardly care about them. Just a yearly tune up game where they pretend they are relevant to anything and then talk about how they would've won if 3 plays went the other way (never mind Kyle having the steeds take a knee rather than score again in last minute).

Oh the fun we could have if we put Nebraska in the same bowl game as BYU-the moral victory bowl? Make the trophy like a golden Capri-Sun?

The 8,204 listed attendance for BYU @ UMass this season is easily the lowest attendance I've ever seen for an FBS game...

I have no particular issue with LDS folks or BYU- practicing law in the west you meet many... but let's not pretend the Cougars are "packing stadiums" wherever they play.

Heck, the BYU game against USU in Ogden only drew 25k...
If BYU were the "Notre Dame of the west" they wouldn't be playing most of the teams they end up playing. Part of the challenge for them going independent is that they don't travel particularly well outside their region. They are also trying to compete with P5 programs but only getting G5 media money.

Forde is spot dang on when it comes to Pootah. They have no business in the college football playoff. What the crap?
I have a Morman friend who won't say ****, but will say "crap" when he is really mad. Do not underestimate the anger of BYUdad here.

I have a Morman friend who won't say ****, but will say "crap" when he is really mad. Do not underestimate the anger of BYUdad here.
Yes, this is borderline legit. Ybu dweebs think it's really cool to call Logan where USU is "Ogden". Only a ybu fan understands why that is somehow "funny". So maybe this guy is real? It just pushes all known borders of their 'ever so superior in every conceivable way' fanbase to the limits of all plausibility. I haven't been in Utah in years (yay) so maybe they are truly that unhinged this year.

This is no ordinary sock. Sure, any idot can get the basics of BYU football down with a modicum of internet research. However, it takes either a real BYU fan, or one who lives among them, to pull out the old "UTEP listened in on our calls in that 1985 game."

Yes, this is borderline legit. Ybu dweebs think it's really cool to call Logan where USU is "Ogden". Only a ybu fan understands why that is somehow "funny". So maybe this guy is real? It just pushes all known borders of their 'ever so superior in every conceivable way' fanbase to the limits of all plausibility. I haven't been in Utah in years (yay) so maybe they are truly that unhinged this year.

I'm the one who called Logan Ogden... Had Weber State and Utah State's locations mixed up in my head.

Also figured their stadium was bigger than 25k (USU's) without looking.

Guess my Utah trivia is no good.

Spent a night in Logan. Sister wives jokes don’t resonate there. Also the asphalt at the motel 6 or whatever the **** it was - it was so hot it melted my flip flops and I had to resort to leaping from car hood to car hood to get back to my car.

****ing barbarians out there. It is road warrior already real time.

If BYU were the "Notre Dame of the west" they wouldn't be playing most of the teams they end up playing. Part of the challenge for them going independent is that they don't travel particularly well outside their region. They are also trying to compete with P5 programs but only getting G5 media money.
They actually travel better than most. It is common for them to have more fans than their opponents in many of the stadiums and gyms they end up in on the road.

They actually travel better than most. It is common for them to have more fans than their opponents in many of the stadiums and gyms they end up in on the road.
That depends entirely on the size of the LDS population in the area they are playing. Some states have large LDS populations and they turn out, most states don't and it shows.

Playing football as an independent they are limited in who they can schedule and have ended up the last couple years with some teams that Notre Dame wouldn't even accept a phone call from.

Spent a night in Logan. Sister wives jokes don’t resonate there. Also the asphalt at the motel 6 or whatever the **** it was - it was so hot it melted my flip flops and I had to resort to leaping from car hood to car hood to get back to my car.

****ing barbarians out there. It is road warrior already real time.

Played a basketball game against Utah Valley in college-I've never heard so many your mom lines in 2 hours.

Reminds me of a CSU tshirt making fun of BYU in the 90s. One of the lines was "Milk and cookies make for a lame tailgate".

I spent a night one time in Blanding (the most aptly named place ever). I went into a Old West themed restaurant. The "bar" was an ice cream bar.

Year before I played at UNC we had three guys get arrested for shoplifting from the Provo Wal-Mart during the Utah Valley road trip lol

Came out of retirement for this. BYU momos are cultish at best. No nationally accredited universities like BYU because of its stance on women. Try going to the Nordstrom Rack in Provo sometime...They have a parking lot for baby strollers. **** BYU

I don't understand this at all. I came to support the Buffs against a common enemy and get ridiculed. I'm hoping Tom Holmoe schedules your candy butts so we can do to you what we did to USC, Tennessee, and the rest this season.

I might be able to forgive you if your underachieving team can somehow beat Pootah. Don't let the Yewt fans who are coming on here fool you. They are classless and probably drunk as they type their nonsense.

I don't understand this at all. I came to support the Buffs against a common enemy and get ridiculed. I'm hoping Tom Holmoe schedules Colorado so we can do to you what we did to USC, Tennessee, and the rest this season.

I might be able to forgive you if your underachieving team can somehow beat Pootah. Don't let the Yewt fans who are coming on here fool you. They are classless and probably drunk as they type their nonsense.

Question I've been meaning to ask you. Let's say you were playing our rival Nebraska this weekend, and one of us showed up on one of your boards trying to argue that you guys should hate them because they're a bunch of fat rednecks who marry their sisters (which might explain @BuffSurveyor's constant presence here), eat ****ty meat pocket sandwiches, drink ****ty beer, and don't shave-how would you react?

We don't hate Utah like you do because we don't have a reason to yet, but welcome to the bandwagon for Saturday night.

As far as your team, I'll say this-congrats on beating USC and Tennessee. You have a good football team, and you've earned the bowl bid (Hawaii Bowl if I remember correctly) you've accepted. We just hosted another team who walked into your house in September and punked you over the weekend, though. If you want to argue you're better than we are because you beat USC and we didn't-there's always Washington.

If you want to play, I'm all for it. Two games at our place for one at yours? We're booked through 2029 though. We'll have RG call Tom Holmoe and they can settle it over lunch?

Last edited:
I don't understand this at all. I came to support the Buffs against a common enemy and get ridiculed. I'm hoping Tom Holmoe schedules your candy butts so we can do to you what we did to USC, Tennessee, and the rest this season.

Aren’t we all drunk? I mean. We’ve got @DrunkRalphie and @DrunkPanda on our board.

What part of "we are assholes" do you not understand?

What the crap?

Back