What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

I get that Oregon has looked pretty good but who exactly have they beaten to justify being ranked after a down year last year? They've played two cupcakes, both at home, and I don't think they play anyone next week either. Utah struggling with NIU justify's them getting more votes as well?

I get that Oregon has looked pretty good but who exactly have they beaten to justify being ranked after a down year last year? They've played two cupcakes, both at home, and I don't think they play anyone next week either. Utah struggling with NIU justify's them getting more votes as well?

We are not a name program.
We will have to prove it with more wins.
These voters have deep biases against Colorado.

I've never understood the love affair with Utah. They get that one upset at home every year or 2 and then underachieve the expectations aside from that. Even when we were at our worst we were able to beat them or give them one score games.

I've never understood the love affair with Utah. They get that one upset at home every year or 2 and then underachieve the expectations aside from that. Even when we were at our worst we were able to beat them or give them one score games.
Yeah Utah is probably the one team in the Pac 12 they’ve been decently competitive with since joining. Only team in the South to never have won the division

Scat’s official simulated poll still has nebraska 7 spots ahead of us (would have been more except nebraska hasn’t won a game).

That dude was just a really good troll, right?

ASU being ranked after beating a Michigan St team that barely beat Utah St (and doing it in Tempe) shows what’s wrong with preseason rankings. Bias is already anchored in rankings that meant nothing after week 1.

Same with Utah really.

Oh well, just keep winning.

Tom Fornelli has his own personal statistical formula that he uses to make his rankings. He was one of the first people to give the 2016 team attention after they performed really well against CSU and Idaho State.
His system has the Buffs ranked 10th nationally in performance through 2 weeks of the season.

Back