What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possible Replacements for Embree

by the way we will see Saturday about Mazalhan (however it is spelled) he has done good things at Arkansas St. already and this Saturday, I hope his #4/5 offense pounds nu and the so called black shirt(less) D

he was on our radar before the Embree hire

what about Mark Mangino?? He did do some amazing stuff at KU in a short period - might not look like a picture of health in Boulder, but if he can turn this ship around

Having Mangino climb the steps from the practice field to Dal Ward at altitude in August would be a massive liability.

Au Contrair, my friend. I think it would be the buffet that did the worrying.

Fat jokes never get old.
[video]http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=comedian%20you%20go%20home%20now&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDEQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTdw uiyO7hOU&ei=7M9PUP3MA-2byAGEmYHQBQ&usg=AFQjCNG-19_xw7D0nl4zR4hgBD9tRyp49g[/video]

if pete carroll were somehow, someway, to land in boulder as hc of the CU Buffaloes, we'd find a way to **** it up.

Jon Gruden...he basically said on HBO Real Sports if the right situation came along, college or pro. Who knows if CU would have a chance in hell but whats the worst he could say? I say open up the wallet and offer the guy the world! That guy has the fire that I think could work in College

Jon Gruden...he basically said on HBO Real Sports if the right situation came along, college or pro. Who knows if CU would have a chance in hell but whats the worst he could say? I say open up the wallet and offer the guy the world! That guy has the fire that I think could work in College

Gruden is a guy I could see.

If he could put up with and succeed dealing with Al Davis he can deal with any challenges in Boulder. He doesn't have much negative baggage, he is a motivator, and he knows the game on both sides of the ball.

I can also see him getting bored without the competition and being willing to listen to a good offer. That offer may also be more dependant on factors like control and support than on the final salary number since he already has plenty of money.

Might be worth CU pursuing.

Put down the pipe

Gruden is as realistic as most of the other names that have been thrown around here.

Kirby Smart isn't coming. Petrino's name would kill someone in admin from laughter.

If we are going to throw stuff against the wall we might as well throw good names.

Gruden is as realistic as most of the other names that have been thrown around here.

Kirby Smart isn't coming. Petrino's name would kill someone in admin from laughter.

If we are going to throw stuff against the wall we might as well throw good names.

Gruden is realistic, but Kirby Smart isn't?

OK, I was the first one in this thread to suggest Gruden, dammit. But, thinking about it, I see Gruden as a guy who would want a ton of control and I just do not see our admin ceding a ton of control to a coach. Every time I hear or watch Gruden on TV, I come away impressed. I think he could definitely be a great college coach. But I'm just not seeing it. He has too huge an ego.

Gruden is realistic, but Kirby Smart isn't?

Actually both of them would be considered very long shots at best. If either one came to CU it would be an extreem surprise. The chances of either coming here are about the same, slim to none.

Anybody mention Kliff Kingsbury yet? The guy's a bit of an offensive prodigy, and he's more on the Dana Holgorsen branch of offense than Mike Leach's airraid, in that he appreciates the run game. Currently at Texas A&M, and was Holgorsen's successor at Houston. Named OC of the year in 2011 at Houston after they put up some crazy numbers.

Regardless, if CU wants to take the next step, this is the level of coordinator that CU must be ready to pay in the next transition. The team needs a schematic jumpstart, whatever it is, just give recruits something exciting that works.

Interesting choice TDbuff. When Mac started his offense it was built to have his defense ready for NU and OU. Given that we don't have the size and athleticism of USC, it's something to explore. This conference can put up points and we need to have an offense capable of putting 40 pts on the board.

Leach never would have lasted in Boulder. One misplaced penis reference and the Womyn's Studies Dept. would be at full boil with Dr. phil and MB falling over themselves to cave to political pressure....

That sounds like a much better situation than losing to Sacramento State. But hey, to each their own.

We would have to make some major program commitment promises to entice a Gruden, coupled with a boatload of cash. With the admin we have, I don't see that happening.

I simply can't see this admin willing to give Gruden the money he'd want (~3 mil is my guess) plus the control he'd want as DBT mentioned.

Some coordinators at big time programs

Bryan Harsin
Doug Nussmeier
Major Applewhite
Josh Heupel

None are particularly experienced

Back