What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

That is meaningless in this discussion. Lots can change over 2 years.

So - let me just ask you this. In your opinion, tell me where you think the advantages fall in the following

Defense
CSU DL vs CU DL
CSU LB vs CU LB
CSU CB vs CU CB
CSU S vs CU S

Offense
CSU OL vs CU OL
CSU QB vs CU QB
CSU RB/FB vs CU RB/FB
CSU TE vs CU TE
CSU WR vs CU WR

Matchups
CSU DL vs CU OL
CSU OL vs CU DL
CSU LB vs CU RB
CSU RB cs CU LB
CSU WR vs CU CB/S
CSU QB vs CU CB/S
CSU CB/S vs CU QB
CSU CB/S vs CU WR

DL vs DL-Toss up. Too many question marks on both sides. CU wins that one hands down if Tonga doesn't qualify though
LB vs LB-Toss up again. I believe we have more experience and Barrett is the best of them all. Rippy won't play in the RMS correct?
CB vs CB-CU if a freshie plays well but CSU has more experience and our top 4 returning
S vs S-CU hands down

OL vs OL-Weston Richburg...'nuff said. CSU has far more experience
QB vs QB-Probably CU but Grayson is better than Pete Thomas
RB vs RB-CSU hands down. Not even close
TE vs TE-CSU, not even close. CU probably has more depth there though
WR vs WR-Both will be bad but I'll give this one to CU

DL vs DL-Toss up. Too many question marks on both sides. CU wins that one hands down if Tonga doesn't qualify though
LB vs LB-Toss up again. I believe we have more experience and Barrett is the best of them all. Rippy won't play in the RMS correct?
CB vs CB-CU if a freshie plays well but CSU has more experience and our top 4 returning
S vs S-CU hands down

OL vs OL-Weston Richburg...'nuff said. CSU has far more experience
QB vs QB-Probably CU but Grayson is better than Pete Thomas
RB vs RB-CSU hands down. Not even close
TE vs TE-CSU, not even close. CU probably has more depth there though
WR vs WR-Both will be bad but I'll give this one to CU

Umm, at LB we have Major and Rippy returning. That's a ton of experience. Rippy is good to go for CSU, afaik.

Yeah.....CSU doesn't have the OL or LB advantage. Grayson is ****ing terrible and being better than Pete "The Heisman" Thomas isn't saying much. Nwoke is overrated. CU's DL wins by a mile, same with CB's.

Yeah.....CSU doesn't have the OL or LB advantage. Grayson is ****ing terrible and being better than Pete "The Heisman" Thomas isn't saying much. Nwoke is overrated. CU's DL wins by a mile, same with CB's.
Stop being Gasmy.

Fair enough evaluation - although I think you under-rate our LBs (Major, Rippy) - I haven't heard anything about Rippy NOT playing in the RMS, but perhaps our Buffs contingent can correct me.

A ton but CSU still has more and at least ours don't have knee problems.

Well, then you need to apply the same standards to your team. Your OL has what, 2 or 3 players coming back from ACL tears?

Stop being Gasmy.
How am I being Gasmy? CSU's OL, while returning a few, are coming back from some serious injuries and missed most, if not all of spring practices. Nwoke had nearly all of his production late in the year and is not as good as Gasm is making him out to be. Our LB core blows CSU's away with Rippy and Major. Pericak is better than anyone on CSU's DL and if CUD improved against the run, he's better as well. Grayson had a 0.33 TD/INT ratio last year. We return Harris, Handler, Bakthiari (sp), Muyner, and Lewis on the OL and all are healthy and participated in spring practices iirc, unlike CSU's OL.

Well, then you need to apply the same standards to your team. Your OL has what, 2 or 3 players coming back from ACL tears?
Caprioglio--Jared Biard is career backup.

Gragert, Richburg, Sambrailo have all started 1+ year and haven't had injury problems. LB=/=OL

How am I being Gasmy? CSU's OL, while returning a few, are coming back from some serious injuries and missed most, if not all of spring practices. Nwoke had nearly all of his production late in the year and is not as good as Gasm is making him out to be. Our LB core blows CSU's away with Rippy and Major. Pericak is better than anyone on CSU's DL and if CUD improved against the run, he's better as well. Grayson had a 0.33 TD/INT ratio last year. We return Harris, Handler, Bakthiari (sp), Muyner, and Lewis on the OL and all are healthy and participated in spring practices iirc, unlike CSU's OL.

Then say that the first time - don't act like a troll

Fair enough evaluation - although I think you under-rate our LBs (Major, Rippy) - I haven't heard anything about Rippy NOT playing in the RMS, but perhaps our Buffs contingent can correct me.
Rippy is full go. He will be monitored heavily and limited in fall camp but that's just because Embo said he is just extremely important to this teams success and wants to keep him healthy.

Sargent is but he's not a starter and he's not our 2 best players like Major and Rippy are for you guys. It'd be different if we were talking about Shaq Barrett or Skelton
Major will finally be healthy, something he hasn't been since his freshman year. Rippy has received great comments from Blacken and Embo about his status. I will look forward to Rippy and Major causing havoc in CSU's backfield.

Major will finally be healthy, something he hasn't been since his freshman year. Rippy has received great comments from Blacken and Embo about his status. I will look forward to Rippy and Major causing havoc in CSU's backfield.

k.

Ok - let me ask you this Gasm

Do you think the fact that you have a first-time head-coach with a new staff and lots of roster turnover, and a switch to a 3 -4 (you played 4 -3 under fairchild, right?) will play a role in the first game?

Ok - let me ask you this Gasm

Do you think the fact that you have a first-time head-coach with a new staff and lots of roster turnover, and a switch to a 3 -4 (you played 4 -3 under fairchild, right?) will play a role in the first game?

I think that we got rid of cancers such as Steve Fairchild, DC Larry Kerr, Pete Thomas and K Ben DeLine, and WR Matt Yemm.

Improvement will be seen and even with the roster turnover we have more experience than CU does and apparently more top ranked players

I think that we got rid of cancers such as Steve Fairchild, DC Larry Kerr, Pete Thomas and K Ben DeLine, and WR Matt Yemm.

Improvement will be seen and even with the roster turnover we have more experience than CU does
CSU has gone 9-27 the last three years. How far has that experience gotten you? Last year, CU returned a ton of starters and we got our **** rocked in more games than not. At the same time, we lost quite a few to attrition, and then later to injuries in the secondary, but nothing like 25 people not showing up to camp yesterday. That's a huge, huge blow to the depth chart on a already very weak team.

Well according to Phil Steele we have more top rated players than CU does. So take that for what its worth. Skelton, Barrett, Gillmore, Nwoke, Kontodiakos, and Richburg are all in his top position players ratings. CU has 3

these are conference rankings right?

CSU has gone 9-27 the last three years. How far has that experience gotten you? Last year, CU returned a ton of starters and we got our **** rocked in more games than not. At the same time, we lost quite a few to attrition, and then later to injuries in the secondary, but nothing like 25 people not showing up to camp yesterday. That's a huge, huge blow to the depth chart on a already very weak team.

We already dissected the 25 on Ramnation and there are only I believe 5 we didn't know about going into Fall camp already. Tonga, Ragland, Dorian Brown, Brett Jordan and Darric Thomas. Just waiting on their transcripts to come through. Most in that 25 were walk ons

We already dissected the 25 on Ramnation and there are only I believe 5 we didn't know about going into Fall camp already. Tonga, Ragland, Dorian Brown, Brett Jordan and Darric Thomas. Just waiting on their transcripts to come through
Any of that confirmed? Doubt it.

Improvement will be seen and even with the roster turnover we have more experience than CU does and apparently more top ranked players

Let me just caution you here. Many of us here on Allbuffs thought the same thing when Dan Hawkins left. It takes time repair a depleted roster. It also takes some time to get a new culture established. Not to mention getting used to all the x's and o's on gameday.

Back