What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

Argues about CSU's returning starters, then argues about 5 players who have NEVER taken a DI snap. Also, 330 pounds in not a good thing (not that it matter because fat Tonga won't qualify and Walker had no good offers)

Well Tonga was a 2 year starter on the JuCo national championship team. Originally signed with Arizona State and spurned Oregon State for us this year.

Curtis Wilson has played for us the last two years.

Good thing its a 3-4 and we'll only need 2 or maybe 3 of them

Shaq Walker is a true freshmen who had NO ranking in the Rivals database, so it seems like a guy who might need to redshirt

Tonga isn't guaranteed to get in.

Curtis Wilson played in all 12 games last year, pulling down 2 solo tackles, and 10 assists. Looks like his 2 total tackles were sacks.

Tucci hasn't actually played a down yet.

Hey Gasm, I don't have my copy with me, but would you mind telling me where Phil has CSU on his PowerPoll? I believe it's toward the back of the magazine. I thought it was 106.

Nevermind, I found it. #107 in the country.

Shaq Walker is a true freshmen who had NO ranking in the Rivals database, so it seems like a guy who might need to redshirt

Tonga isn't guaranteed to get in.

Curtis Wilson played in all 12 games last year, pulling down 2 solo tackles, and 10 assists. Looks like his 2 total tackles were sacks.

Tucci hasn't actually played a down yet.

I'm not banking on Shaq Walker contributing but in the end its an upgrade over two 250lb DT we've had the last several years. Shaq had some nice offers though.
Again, 3-4 Defense. We won't need all of them

Tonga-330
Shaq Walker-330
Curtis Wilson-285
Mitch Frentescu-270
Slim Tucci-300
Walker - True Frosh, listed at 320.
Wilson - Listed at 265 on the ram website.
Frentescu - True Frosh; in boot and not practicing.
Tucci - RS Soph never played as far as the bio goes in a quick skim.
Tonga - Not been cleared to play, not practicing.

http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/csu-m-footbl-mtt.html

Sounds like you are:
a) fudging your #s (lying)
b) depending on untested unknown players
c) depending on injured players
d) listing players that aren't even on the team yet.

:rofl: Jesus you take sunshine pumping to a whole new level.

Ok - so the DL isn't very important cause you're running a 3 -4 now.... tell us about your linebackers

Sounds like you are:

Tonga hasn't been cleared yet, but his transcripts come in tomorrow I believe. Apparently he is doing well in his math class (the only one he needs, but otherwise he's cleared).

a 300lb DL who has never played a snap is better than a 250lb DT like we've had the last few years

Sounds like you are:

You beat me to it but gasm is throwing out a bunch of hopes and wishes and calling them more talented. Looks like he needs to know his team and players better. GASM, your game and smack is weak.

Tonga hasn't been cleared yet, but his transcripts come in tomorrow I believe. Apparently he is doing well in his math class (the only one he needs, but otherwise he's cleared).

a 300lb DL who has never played a snap is better than a 250lb DT like we've had the last few years
Unless the 300 lb is carrying 50+ pounds of fat and isn't athletic enough for D1 ball. Lots of dudes are big. Very few are big and athletic.

Ok - so the DL isn't very important cause you're running a 3 -4 now.... tell us about your linebackers
Shaq Barrett-Nuff said
James Skelton-Nuff said
Max Morgan and Aaron Davis were big contributers last year as Freshmen
Davis Burl and Broderick Sargent-3 year contributers. Will be good rush LB/DE in the 3-4
Brent Williams-Original Washington signee (hasn't played yet though)
Charles Favors-2 year special teams contributer

Some nice experience returning and CSU always had good linebackers so....

Hey guys Sione Tau was 350lbs and he was a BOSS right? And don't worry about our WR's with PRich down, we only have like 2 on the field at a time

Skelton is one of the worst LB's I've ever seen. He is like Pete THomas playing LB

Unless the 300 lb is carrying 50+ pounds of fat and isn't athletic enough for D1 ball. Lots of dudes are big. Very few are big and athletic.
Apparently good enough for Arizona State and Oregon State.

It is highly likely that every 300lb DL carries at least 50+lbs of fat so I'm not sure what you're getting at

This 3 -4 stuff is good news for the Buffs IMO. If their NT doesn't command a double team, then we are going to have OL hitting the second level, and we will also have PowPow hitting the second level - hopefully opening up some BIG holes. I also think it will make them susceptible to play-action passes and screens towards the blitzing LB

Apparently good enough for Arizona State and Oregon State.

It is highly likely that every 300lb DL carries at least 50+lbs of fat so I'm not sure what you're getting at
I'm suggesting your lightly recruited 300 pound DL may not actually be anything but big and fat.

Also, Tonga isn't even on the team. :lol:. Hope for his sake he makes it in.

I'm suggesting your lightly recruited 300 pound DL may not actually be anything but big and fat.

Also, Tonga isn't even on the team. :lol:. Hope for his sake he makes it in.
A lightly recruited 300lb DL is better than a lightly recruited 250lb DL.

Tonga and Shaq Walker were highly recruited, for CSU standards

Shaq Walker's best offer was Kansas. Other offers inlcude Southern Alabama, Georgia St., Georgia Southern,

Rivals shows 1 BCS offer (OSU) for Tonga and then one visit on 1/21 to Oregon State. He committed to CSU on 1/31...

Reading the tea leaves there, he didn't have that offer long. Either they didn't like what they saw on the visit, or got osmeone else, or didn't like his academics.

Rivals says that Tonga only had an offer from Oregon State, not ASU.

For the record, I think Tonga is a good pickup for the Rams.... but he isn't highly rated, and won't necessarily be a gamechanger - assuming he gets into CSU.

Shaq Walker's best offer was Kansas. Other offers inlcude Southern Alabama, Georgia St., Georgia Southern,

He said in his Rivals interview he chose CSU over an offer from UCF.

Also Tonga was an Arizona State signee out of high school but didn't qualify

Should be interesting to see how long Tonga has to wait to get in. It is rare for someone to get in this late. He might miss a LOT of camp.

5.4 2*
:rolling_eyes:
At least the services rated him. Highly recruited for CSU. Like that newest bball recruit with 16 offers that OMFG is claiming is a big time recruit proving that CSU is a destination school for big time kids. (not a single major, with CSU basically being the biggest school to offer)

At least the services rated him. Highly recruited for CSU. Like that newest bball recruit with 16 offers that OMFG is claiming is a big time recruit proving that CSU is a destination school for big time kids. (not a single major, with CSU basically being the biggest school to offer)

If he's good enough for Tim Miles, larry Eustachy and 16 other programs, he is good enough for me. 16 offers is a LOT for a basketball recruit

He said in his Rivals interview he chose CSU over an offer from UCF.

Also Tonga was an Arizona State signee out of high school but didn't qualify

That is meaningless in this discussion. Lots can change over 2 years.

So - let me just ask you this. In your opinion, tell me where you think the advantages fall in the following

Defense
CSU DL vs CU DL
CSU LB vs CU LB
CSU CB vs CU CB
CSU S vs CU S

Offense
CSU OL vs CU OL
CSU QB vs CU QB
CSU RB/FB vs CU RB/FB
CSU TE vs CU TE
CSU WR vs CU WR

Matchups