What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

So - as Mtn posted in another thread - they are going into this fall camp having lost 25 players who were at spring practice. Some of those are the players we've already discussed in this thread, others are new. We don't know the precise list yet. It is also unclear if some of those 25 are just waiting on grades to see if they're eligible.

The most important guy they're waiting on is a DL named Tonga - a low 3* (5.5) JC transfer. If he goes, then they are going to be very small up front.

I also saw on Ramnation that one of their freshmen DL is injured - Frentescu.

That would basically leave them with only fresh and sophs on the DL. Their biggest guy is Alex Tucci at 300 (assuming Tonga doesn't get in - he is also 300).

Honestly, if the OLine is going to a strength of the team this season, then they are going to have to show it in game #1.

Coach Sparkles seems to also be channeling his inner Dan Hawkins

Wightman, who previously worked a bit with the softball team, said what the program focuses on is focalization and visualization. It is structured with the team in mind, but the basis is the individual.

The players watched videos of role playing, and did some themselves. One of the early lessons was each player getting an emblem they could carry with them to remind them to do the right thing. Each player was given a river rock, and on it, they put their initials and a word they felt uniquely identified to them.

http://www.reporterherald.com/sports/csu/ci_21231980/getting-into-their-heads

So - as Mtn posted in another thread - they are going into this fall camp having lost 25 players who were at spring practice. Some of those are the players we've already discussed in this thread, others are new. We don't know the precise list yet. It is also unclear if some of those 25 are just waiting on grades to see if they're eligible.

The most important guy they're waiting on is a DL named Tonga - a low 3* (5.5) JC transfer. If he goes, then they are going to be very small up front.

I also saw on Ramnation that one of their freshmen DL is injured - Frentescu.

That would basically leave them with only fresh and sophs on the DL. Their biggest guy is Alex Tucci at 300 (assuming Tonga doesn't get in - he is also 300).

Honestly, if the OLine is going to a strength of the team this season, then they are going to have to show it in game #1.

And yet to a man, they refuse to admit that they have no depth, their defense is hopeless, and that McElhawk isn't going to lead them to 10 wins this year.

Summer workouts payoff: Not often do you hear coaches say that they were impressed with aspects of practice after Day 1, but McElwain was pleasantly surprised by how well the Rams handled the little things today

Did they get juice boxes and orange slices after practice as well. Did Sparkles ever coach with Hawkins or hire him as a consultant (CSU loves consultants.)

I always worry some about CSU because CU is their super bowl, they focus on it the entire year. As bad as Hawkins left this program it looks like Fairchild may have left CSU worse and it doesn't look like Sparkles is the miracle worker they hoped for.

Did they get juice boxes and orange slices after practice as well. Did Sparkles ever coach with Hawkins or hire him as a consultant (CSU loves consultants.)

I always worry some about CSU because CU is their super bowl, they focus on it the entire year. As bad as Hawkins left this program it looks like Fairchild may have left CSU worse and it doesn't look like Sparkles is the miracle worker they hoped for.

They've already got Kapri Bibbs talking about winning a national championship in 2014 :rofl:

They've already got Kapri Bibbs talking about winning a national championship in 2014 :rofl:

They might get it if they drop to division 3, otherwise their only hope for a national championship is in club rodeo.

He did cheat on his ACTs. He isnt the sharpest kid around

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You mean you don't believe he was "punished for something had no control over"?? :lol:

Also a little suspicious that he's taking almost 60 credits to get to CSU in one year. I know CSU probably accepts How to Change a Flat Tire 101, and Jump Rope, but that's quite the heavy load for a kid that resorted to cheating on his SATs.

Meanwhile, however, lamb fan response on Bibbs: "He's one of the good ones", "How can you not root for a guy like this?"

And yet to a man, they refuse to admit that they have no depth, their defense is hopeless, and that McElhawk isn't going to lead them to 10 wins this year.

Is this the first documented use of the word "McElhawk"? It's important for me to trace it to its origin. I love it so much.

Prediction, CU blows CSU out of the water based on uniforms alone:

Azn0X2ICUAEPMTe.jpg
Azn4OFmCcAERNJ3.jpg
546711_2573851404368_55447232_n.jpg

The back looks really bad

Last edited:
Is that D Scott?

Honestly, those are much better than the crap they've come our with recently. At least they aren't orange and don't include shoulder pubes.

So - where does CSU have the advantage? Their OLine is experienced, but they have a number of guys coming back from severe injury. Nwoke is a good back. They know their QB - so that is an advantage. Their WRs seem to be as much of a question mark as ours.

So - where does CSU have the advantage? Their OLine is experienced, but they have a number of guys coming back from severe injury. Nwoke is a good back. They know their QB - so that is an advantage. Their WRs seem to be as much of a question mark as ours.
Well according to Phil Steele we have more top rated players than CU does. So take that for what its worth. Skelton, Barrett, Gillmore, Nwoke, Kontodiakos, and Richburg are all in his top position players ratings. CU has 3

who's idea was it to put doilies on the shoulders of those uniforms? I thot the whoregon pickemup truck running board style looked ghey.

Well according to Phil Steele we have more top rated players than CU does. So take that for what its worth. Skelton, Barrett, Gillmore, Nwoke, Kontodiakos, and Richburg are all in his top position players ratings. CU has 3

Top rated players? Top rated by him? Can you send a link?

I'm googling trying to find it - since that is what Gasm always tells us to do, but I don't see anything

I do see Yuri Wright on his top 250 incoming frosh, ranked at #77

Tonga-330
Shaq Walker-330
Curtis Wilson-285
Mitch Frentescu-270
Slim Tucci-300

Argues about CSU's returning starters, then argues about 5 players who have NEVER taken a DI snap. Also, 330 pounds in not a good thing (not that it matter because fat Tonga won't qualify and Walker had no good offers)

Back