What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

But they're freshmen, so hard to expect them to be big contributors in game number 1.

What makes me laugh is that the CSU fans on Ramnation are talking out both sides of their mouth - they spent weeks talking about how great Hart looked and how he was the difference maker, and now he is hurt and it isn't a big deal :lol:

But they're freshmen, so hard to expect them to be big contributors in game number 1.

What makes me laugh is that the CSU fans on Ramnation are talking out both sides of their mouth - they spent weeks talking about how great Hart looked and how he was the difference maker, and now he is hurt and it isn't a big deal :lol:

Yep now Trey Jarrells is the real RB talent.

This sets up perfectly for them - they'll excuse this loss away because of all the injuries and even trash talk when we ONLY beat them by 17.

This sets up perfectly for them - they'll excuse this loss away because of all the injuries and even trash talk when we ONLY beat them by 17.

And how we've only won two games in a row. Should be more like 10. We should be so embarassed. Must suck to be us, I guess.

Don't care.

All I care about is having a healthy 2-0 team for the ASU game.

I am starting to get drunk on the Kool Aid and am now believing the most likely outcome is a Buffs dismantling of the stadium and fan challenged Rammies at the Fort. I think we are going to run all over them. Our OL is going to bully their DL and our RB are going to have a field day.

I am starting to get drunk on the Kool Aid and am now believing the most likely outcome is a Buffs dismantling of the stadium and fan challenged Rammies at the Fort. I think we are going to run all over them. Our OL is going to bully their DL and our RB are going to have a field day.

Emperor_Good.jpg

LOL. Though I don't think it's Kool Aid to think we are going to win by a hefty margin. We won by 14 last year, we will be overall a better team and CSU lost a ton of starters. I'd be a little disappointed if we only won by 14 this year.

Dude, you were drunk on the Kool Aid 3 months ago.

I'm right there with you. It's like full-blown Jim Jones all up in this bitch.

I've never seen AllBuffs like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You weren't here during the great kool-aid binge of 2008 :lol:

The only thing that keeps me from drowning myself in kool-aid is the bitter memories of a few times when a much more talented CU team lost to a less talented CSU team that come in on an emotional high and was better coached and prepared for the moment.

What I saw last year from M2 leads me to believe that M2 won't let that happen but I've been kicked to often in recent years to not at least have that worry.

The offense will be a work in progress all season.
It will be as consistent Sefo's deep ball and the WR's outside of Spruce. I'm not tooo worried about putting up points against CSU and Umass given that Spruce should be able to dominate even with extra coverage rolled his way, but that won't fly against the better teams.

MacIntyre vs CSU

2011 SJSU 38-31 @ Hughes
2012 SJSU 40-20 in San Jose
2013 CU 41-27 in Denver

SJSU also won @ Hughes in 2013, for what that's worth

It will be as consistent Sefo's deep ball and the WR's outside of Spruce. I'm not tooo worried about putting up points against CSU and Umass given that Spruce should be able to dominate even with extra coverage rolled his way, but that won't fly against the better teams.

Sefo has no consistency with the deep ball at the moment and it remains to be seen how he runs zone read. I like him, but there going to be bigtime growing pains this year IMO.

Sefo has no consistency with the deep ball at the moment and it remains to be seen how he runs zone read. I like him, but there going to be bigtime growing pains this year IMO.
Yeah. I saw Neuweasel critiquing Sefo's mechanics on the deep ball. Hopefully Lindgren and Sefo get that fixed.

The whole team is a work in process. For the first time in several years, I'm kind of excited about what that process looks like. I, too, have nightmares of 2012 and 2009 dancing in my head. We went into both of those seasons with optimism. "10 wins, no excuses", and "Bowl game on three... one, two, three BOWL GAME!!!" While we don't have any catchy cheers or phrases to repeat, I'm still cautiously optimistic.

I'm optimistic for a couple reasons: 1) Something about MM tells me that he understands how to properly motivate and prepare a football team. That's something that has been sorely missing from this team since Barnett was here. 2) the talent level *appears* to be increasing. We're getting talent and depth at certain spots, particularly the defensive backfield and OL. While the depth isn't universal, it's a definite improvement.

The bottom line for me is that CU is at a spot where this game should be a cake-walk. A no-brainer. We, as fans, can treat it that way. I hope the team doesn't. That's when bad stuff happens.

part 1: Yes on the deep ball, especially with pressure. Not sure that will ever be his game - he's got ceiling issues as a QB.
2. He can't really run the zone read, but might just be able to do it well enough against ****ty teams to keep them honest.
3: I don't think this staff will, or should, ask him to run the zone read. Until shown otherwise, that's just bad coaching cause he can't really do it. He should be running naked bootlegs etc.

4. I expect Sefo to look for Spruce early, often, and always. Hope it doesn't become too big a dependency. I'm excited to see how Sefo develops with this young WR corp + DD. I think he's shown that he is developing some nice chemistry with DD and has a better understanding of how to use him this year. Last year, I felt like Sefo never really looked for DD.

5. Schedule sets up to allow for some growing pains early if the OL isn't a shambles like it usually is.

I'm feeling confident about this game.... which worries me because every time i feel confidence about the RMS, we lose :lol:

Someone just told me Dee Hart practiced today. Smoke and mirrors in this practice report?

Why is there so much attention on Dee Hart?

He's a scat back with bad wheels whose best opportunity to continue his college career was walking on at CSU. He's not even their starter in a backfield that had nothing coming out of the spring.

Comes down to Shay Fields being a real live explosive threat IMO.

I am excited to see Shay, but equally interested to see if Devin can emerge given additional maturity. Both have wheels.... We shall soon find out.

Back