What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime Expectations

30 commits in. 2 to 3 seem unannounced and likely, even if they may take a while (Shiloh?). How many can we expect by the end of the second recruiting period? 5? 10? More?

And then we have the spring transfer period. 5 more then?

45 seems likely. CU is going to blow all those rebuilding projects out of the water numbers wise. Hopefully with good results

30 commits in. 2 to 3 seem unannounced and likely, even if they may take a while (Shiloh?). How many can we expect by the end of the second recruiting period? 5? 10? More?

And then we have the spring transfer period. 5 more then?

45 seems likely. CU is going to blow all those rebuilding projects out of the water numbers wise. Hopefully with good results
They had no choice, a lot of holes. Seems like they filled most of them

We have a lot of expectations but this next year is going to be really hard. Taking a quick look with the silver and black glasses off:

I would think:
Should win: Arizona, Stanford, Colorado St
Other wins: Nebraska
Losses: TCU, Arizona St, Oregon St, USC, Oregon, UCLA, Utah and Washington St

I think it will be hard getting past 5 wins this year with this schedule. But I do think TCU and ASU will be ones which we can pull off the upset. Prime just needs to beat Nebraska and CSU and focus on recruiting this year. We need a few good classes to make us into a new PAC-12 power.
Not sure if you are analyzing TCU correctly.... I was at the Fiesta Bowl game and was able to speak to many TCU fans.... The ones I spoke to think that Dykes has already destroyed the program and he is only having success with Patterson's players. They lose A LOT of players after this year.

as a side note... some fans were complete jerks at the game.... story to be told later. Not in the mood.

Not sure if you are analyzing TCU correctly.... I was at the Fiesta Bowl game and was able to speak to many TCU fans.... The ones I spoke to think that Dykes has already destroyed the program and he is only having success with Patterson's players. They lose A LOT of players after this year.

as a side note... some fans were complete jerks at the game.... story to be told later. Not in the mood.
That would be a stunning fan reaction to an NC championship run. Historical, in fact.

So I’ve been pretty much just enjoying the moment with what Coach Prime has brought to us Buffs fans. When non-CU fans ask me how long he’s going to stay, I tell them I don’t care, I’m just enjoying the ride. Which is true. He can stay as long as he wants and I’ll be just fine.

But Dan Wetzel wrote this article about Prime not needing to leave to win a national championship because he’s bigger than any school or conference. I’m going to keep enjoying this while we’ve got him.
But I did start to think about Deion Sanders as Head Football Coach at The University of Colorado for the next ten years.

As long as Prime can win a national championship here, then why leave?
It's not about the money, he has already stated that.
Most, if not all, of the blue bloods would not give Prime the leverage he wants over their programs.
We gave him his 1st real shot at P5, we gave him the keys to the castle. It is his to do with as he wishes.
Until God tells him to go somewhere else, he will stay!

So I’ve been pretty much just enjoying the moment with what Coach Prime has brought to us Buffs fans. When non-CU fans ask me how long he’s going to stay, I tell them I don’t care, I’m just enjoying the ride. Which is true. He can stay as long as he wants and I’ll be just fine.

But Dan Wetzel wrote this article about Prime not needing to leave to win a national championship because he’s bigger than any school or conference. I’m going to keep enjoying this while we’ve got him.
But I did start to think about Deion Sanders as Head Football Coach at The University of Colorado for the next ten years.

this is my favourite part

He not only didn’t fit in the box, he had no desire to even know what the box was

Two things to keep in mind.

One is that this isn't poor little Colorado. When Coach Mac has us in the top 10 annually the program didn't lack for resources. The money is available, it just has to have success to draw it out. Prime will have no problem motivating wallets to open.

Two is that while Prime and his staff will require enough money to demonstrate that they are respected the idea that he will just chase the biggest payday is also false. He could have had other jobs than Jackson State that would have come with more money and resources and would have served just as well as a stepping stone. Prime wants to be paid because it indicates respect but he doesn't live for the dollar, instead he is all about his mission.

Would Prime leave because some SEC school offered him $8 million more than CU can pay? Keep in mind that $8 million isn't going to change his life much if any. He already has the house, has the cars, has the watches and jewelry. At CU he has the Athletic Director who supports him in helping kids and having a positive influence on society.

The money? Consider how much he already made from his football/baseball career, how much he made broadcasting. How much does he make now doing commercials for AFLAC, for KFC, for etc. etc.

As long as the relationship between Prime and CU is solid no reason to think he is going anywhere.

The one thing he said in 60 minutes last night that I don't think he has specifically said publicly was, "God wouldn't relocate me to something that was successful..." which kind of plays into Wetzel's entire point.

The one thing he said in 60 minutes last night that I don't think he has specifically said publicly was, "God wouldn't relocate me to something that was successful..." which kind of plays into Wetzel's entire point.
Nebraska:

Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

I'm assuming that this is because the Brits don't consider their ill-educated, likely inbred citizens (or subjects, or whatever the ****) to actually be speaking English.

Well, Steam is developed by Valve, which is based in Washington state.

Well, if you've ever been to Eastern Washington, you would know about ill-educated, likely inbred English speakers.
The same thing can be said for Nebraska.

On this subject-
This year-I'm hoping for like a Sun or Holiday Bowl type appearance. That's doable.
Next year-Playoff. There's no reason why that can't happen. The XII is going to be able to put 2, maybe 3 teams in the 12 team playoff. If SS2 and TH12 stay with more dawgs on their way, I think this doable.

Last edited:
I do not see a major program allowing Prime to be completely himself like CU has. The lack of entrenched boosters and culture has meant there is no pressure for him to adhere to traditional standards. As long as the money is in the range of other top coaches I see little reason why Prime would leave what will likely be the biggest program in the conference starting next year. If the goal is national championships the route is easier through the Big 12 than either the SEC or B1G.

I do not see a major program allowing Prime to be completely himself like CU has. The lack of entrenched boosters and culture has meant there is no pressure for him to adhere to traditional standards. As long as the money is in the range of other top coaches I see little reason why Prime would leave what will likely be the biggest program in the conference starting next year. If the goal is national championships the route is easier through the Big 12 than either the SEC or B1G.
I disagree, I can easily see old money southerners embracing an outspoken African American head coach and shaking hands with Lil Wayne at booster events.

not GIF

Back to Prime:

I do think that all of the people saying "he's gone as soon as the SEC comes calling" don't understand Prime.

They say:

"CU won't be able to match an SEC salary." - he's already made generational wealth for himself and his kids are well on their for themselves. Salary means nothing.

"He'll be able to recruit better." Prime believes he can recruit just fine in Boulder, and it's hard not to argue with the results so far.

"They don't support college football in Colorado." Prime brings the show with him, and Colorado loves a show. I got tickets for a couple of friends and their kids. They're both transplants, not really CU fans, super interested now, for themselves and their boys.

I think Prime cares about two things when it comes to his employer: keeping promises and letting him do things his way. I truly believe that he left JSU only because JSU broke promises (or maybe just couldn't keep them). It's also possible that he wanted Shedeur, Shilo, and Travis to get P5 exposure.

I've said it before: RG's main job as pertains to football is to keep Prime happy. What Prime wants, he gets.

Given that we hold up our end, I truly believe that the biggest reason why Prime would ever leave CU is if(probably more likely when) he believes God is telling him to do something other than coach football.

/Mtn

Back