What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted QB Davis Webb Transferring to COLORADO from TTU (Committed to COLORADO)

Luke Del Rio transferred again? Bama, Oregon St., Florida...what is he trying to do, rack up frequent flyer miles? I guess Hawaii is next.....

Difference I see between Webb and Sefo is that Webb is calm, stands there and makes his throw. Sefo panics when he gets the ball runs around and makes mostly off balance desperation throws.
A great point. He knows what to do with a pocket. I really, really like his arm strength on the run. It could go a long ways if the run game gets going and we can boot him out.

(Sorry if this is not news at all to those who follow recruiting/ NCAA signing rules)-
In a Daily Camera (Brian Howell) article mainly about Julian Winfree (http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_29462487/cu-football-buffs-close-4-star-receiver) , the notes section at the bottom of the article does say "..Quarterback Davis Webb, a transfer from Texas Tech who has verbally committed to CU, is expected to sign a financial aid agreement with CU on Wednesday. While not as binding a national letter of intent, the financial aid agreement will allow CU to talk publicly about Webb."

(I had no idea how the timing of signings work with transfers, especially those not coming to their new universities until summer/ fall.)

tumblr_m7wh8zqK7G1qzqdem.gif

If the OL improves and can block more effectively, the enhanced WR core and Webb should open things up for Lindsey, Carr and hopefully Beau to get some great yardage. If they stack the box Webb and the WRs should hurt them badly.

Not sure the OL will really be any better, but even if it isn't, the biggest strength I could see in Webb's film was that he makes decisions quickly and delivers the ball accurately. It should take some pressure off the OL and at least make them look better.

HCMM is an awkward dork.

But he's our awkward dork

And that's fine. As long as he's genuine, players don't care how "cool" he is. It's the last thing I ever worried about with a coach or any other adult mentor in my life.
Should have put NTTAWWT in my post. I agree that it's not a problem, and wasn't really trying to imply that it was. I just find it a little entertaining sometimes; HCMM seems to have a knack for coming across like a sit-com dad.

Back