What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted QB Davis Webb Transferring to COLORADO from TTU (Committed to COLORADO)

As a freshman in those videos, you can't be anything but impressed. Quick release, good decisions, solid accuracy and good pocket presence. His mobility leaves something to be desired but that's not a primary concern by any means.

I also didn't think the TTU OL looked all that great either. His quick release and good field vision allows him to make up for a multitude of sins up front and is likely to do the same at CU. He is definitely reason to let the kool-aid flow this offseason, IMO.

Watching the UCLA v CU game was tough. Sefo "One Read" Liufau has sooo much heart and is such a great Buff but just doesn't have the skills we need to win games. And then there's the clutch INT he's known for. And Devin "Don't hit me in the hands" Ross is so very frustrating too. And that OL...ugh. I also don't get all the empty backfield calls when we struggle with pass protection...that's on Lindgren obviously.

We dominated the TOP that game and did everything we could to lose it...I hope that team identity changes with Webb at the helm.

After watching the videos I find myself amazed at how fast he can get his team lined and snap the ball for the next play. That will be huge at altitude!

I'm mostly amazed by his capability to avoid sacks. It's not like his line is top tier in the country, but he just finds a way to avoid sack. Amazing.

I was excited about Webb coming here but after watching those highlights I am not. No wonder why he got dropped to 3rd string. Seem's to me he is going from 3rd string at TT to 3rd string here. Most of his passes are just 3-10 yards little passes. Hell lots are to players behind the line of scrimmage. And almost every time he goes for more than 20 the worse the accuracy. I do not see the hype at all. It is going to be between Sefo and Montez imo and I am ready for a dual threat so I am liking Montez.

Also when I watched TT vs LSU Patrick Mahomes made me almost crap myself. If he was transferring here I would be getting ready to buy tickets for the national championship game.

Last edited:
I was excited about Webb coming here but after watching those highlights I am not. No wonder why he got dropped to 3rd string. Seem's to me he is going from 3rd string at TT to 3rd string here. Most of his passes are just 3-10 yards little passes. Hell lots are to players behind the line of scrimmage. And almost every time he goes for more than 20 the worse the accuracy. I do not see the hype at all. It is going to be between Sefo and Montez imo and I am ready for a dual threat so I am liking Montez.

Also when I watched TT vs LSU Patrick Mahomes made me almost crap myself. If he was transferring here I would be getting ready to buy tickets for the national championship game.

Lmao

BUffsNation

Dude. 4 posts in 5 years? Step up your game.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I love how quickly Webb makes decisions and progresses through reads. I love how he delivers on time and in stride.

That's cause we had stupid coaches who played stupid players.

4 posts in 5 years cause I was a member of rivals and used their forum for 3. 95% of the people there are morons so I left. Had forgotten about this website until I stumbled on it on Facebook.

It's a hard thing to tell from just a few clips, but I like his temperament.

Look at how he runs a two minute offense. He's so... in control. He's not panicking, he's not rushing, he's not getting happy feet. He just goes out there and plays. I am really looking forward to seeing Montez play, however, if Sefo takes a medical redshirt and Webb plays next year and gets drafted (bringing more attention to CU) I think two years of Senior, veteran QBs would be just what this school needs. Sefo could learn a lot from this guy and Webb in 2016 and Sefo in 2017 could be a great combination followed by possibly two years of Montez.

No need for a Medical RS. He still has his regular redshirt to use if he wants more time to get healthy

Can you take a medical redshirt if you are healthy by the start of the season though?

It's not technically a Medical redshirt either way. Sefo has a redshirt year available and doesn't need a reason to use it. You can only be granted a medical redshirt for missing 2 years due to injury (the 1st is a redshirt and the 2nd would be a medical)

Can you take a medical redshirt if you are healthy by the start of the season though?

It's not technically a Medical redshirt either way. Sefo has a redshirt year available and doesn't need a reason to use it. You can only be granted a medical redshirt for missing 2 years due to injury (the 1st is a redshirt and the 2nd would be a medical)

Thanks for the clarification. I really hope the plan is for Sefo to use that redshirt.

4 posts in 5 years cause I was a member of rivals and used their forum for 3. 95% of the people there are morons so I left. Had forgotten about this website until I stumbled on it on Facebook.

So, you are on Allbuffs and have an aversion to morons? This will not end well.

Don't agree with BuffsNation's post much, but he makes a good point about Webb's long ball. I wasn't impressed. But in this offense what's needed is quick reads, short to mid range accuracy and scrambling ability and he has all 3.

Difference I see between Webb and Sefo is that Webb is calm, stands there and makes his throw. Sefo panics when he gets the ball runs around and makes mostly off balance desperation throws.

Back