What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB Logjam

Takes real bravery by a hc, the right senior qb, and strong team leadership to do it.
I would be far more in favor of this idea if we had Ty Evans this season. I'm all for him being on the field as much as possible next year. But I would rather focus on keeping Montez in rhythm this season.

I would be far more in favor of this idea if we had Ty Evans this season. I'm all for him being on the field as much as possible next year. But I would rather focus on keeping Montez in rhythm this season.
Having Montez spend a series on the headset with someone chirping at him on all the things his backup is doing right with less physical talent wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO.

Not sure how that one confused you, but let me try and explain it. With the current team, I would rather keep Montez in all game with the hopes of developing an offensive rhythm and maintaining it. That was a big issue last year. This sub package idea is something I would be more comfortable with if the back up QB was named Ty Evans because of his potential. But overall, I just don't think sitting QB1 for a mid-game series to get QB2 a few plays is a good idea.

Not sure how that one confused you, but let me try and explain it. With the current team, I would rather keep Montez in all game with the hopes of developing an offensive rhythm and maintaining it. That was a big issue last year. This sub package idea is something I would be more comfortable with if the back up QB was named Ty Evans because of his potential. But overall, I just don't think sitting QB1 for a mid-game series to get QB2 a few plays is a good idea.

So Montez is fragile right now and any disruption at all will cause all hell to break loose, but next year it would be okay to insert a true freshman for random series because the high school kid has potential you like.

Yeah, that does not make much sense.

So Montez is fragile right now and any disruption at all will cause all hell to break loose, but next year it would be okay to insert a true freshman for random series because the high school kid has potential you like.

Yeah, that does not make much sense.
Haha you just completely changed what I said and I think your new statement is completely false. That was honestly cringeworthy to read hahah

I definitely used hyperbole, but you do seem to think Montez is pretty fragile and could not handle backups playing more.
No I don't think he's fragile, I want him out there every drive because I think he is the best QB on the roster. He's mobile, has a cannon and improved down the stretch last year (I believe he had a 12-3 TD:INT ratio after the WASH game). QB2 can get snaps in practice and in games when the Buffs are wrecking their opponents.

No I don't think he's fragile, I want him out there every drive because I think he is the best QB on the roster. He's mobile, has a cannon and improved down the stretch last year (I believe he had a 12-3 TD:INT ratio after the WASH game). QB2 can get snaps in practice and in games when the Buffs are wrecking their opponents.

A 12:3 TD:INT ratio over eight games is hardly amazing. Neither is a 2-6 record in those games.

A 12:3 TD:INT ratio over eight games is hardly amazing. Neither is a 2-6 record in those games.
Never said amazing, you need to stop adding words to my statements to make them fit your point. Montez improved down the stretch, and a lot of those were close games. Im excited to see how Roper and Chev prepare him this year.

I think it is interesting that you have more faith in a kid who hasn’t set foot on campus than the two backups who have been in the system.
Not to mention one of them is a 4* kid who played in one of the toughest high school leagues in the country. Love Evans’ potential and the hype he’s getting, but he did play against 3A Colorado prep competition. Let’s pump the brakes before annointing him a true freshman stud.

Never said amazing, you need to stop adding words to my statements to make them fit your point. Montez improved down the stretch, and a lot of those were close games. Im excited to see how Roper and Chev prepare him this year.

I am inferring some because you view this as a closed QB competition.

For what its worth, I am happy as can be that the Buffs have 3 solid QBs going into next season. This is way better than having a walk-on as the only option.

If the one who lands on 3rd string wants to haul ass so be it. As long as the machine keeps spitting competent QBs out its a good thing.

With that being said, I hope Montez has what it takes between the ear holes in his helmet to step up.

I am inferring some because you view this as a closed QB competition.
The assumption I made here is that Montez wins QB1. You are unable to form a point that doesn't include things I haven't said.

Not to mention one of them is a 4* kid who played in one of the toughest high school leagues in the country. Love Evans’ potential and the hype he’s getting, but he did play against 3A Colorado prep competition. Let’s pump the brakes before annointing him a true freshman stud.
I like Lytle and Noyer, but I just really like Evans athletic ability for a subpackage if that were ever to transpire. And don't undersell Evans, his comp was weaker but he has performed well at camps, has a rather impressive offer sheet (granted its slightly inflated because of ark coaches moving around), and has a pretty solid throwing motion.

Regardless, all of us agree on the important things. More OL, DL and WR rotation will be important. Would love to see fontenout get a decent number too.

If the backup can come in and score touchdowns, you play him. If it is just wasted series after series, you probably have the wrong backup (keeping the starter in). This is hopefully the year we see the upgrades pay off in the depth department at QB.

That’s what he does best. :LOL::barefoot::confused::sick::whistle:
In this situation, I'll just point out that you and SkiRacing might let Duff's seemingly eisegetical (reading extra things into statements) response point out to you that SkiRacing's initial statement may have been a bit malformed and/or didn't fit with the full picture. Besides, it would appear that Duff generally isn't into overstatements. Like, at all.

Last edited:
In this situation, I'll just point out that you and SkiRacing might let Duff's seemingly eisegetical (reading extra things into statements) response point out to you that SkiRacing's initial statement may have been a bit malformed and/or didn't fit with the full picture. Besides, it would appear that Duff generally isn't into overstatements. Like, at all.
I think he just needed a little clarification. The idea of QB rotation is unique!

I think QB rotations for the sake of rotation are pretty stupid.

I also think the grand deference CU fans give Montez is comical. I love the "rocket arm" references made without a hint of irony.

I think backups need to play. At all positions. And if the backups barely play, fans need to stop extolling depth.

Sorry for the immense confusion.

I think QB rotations for the sake of rotation are pretty stupid.

I also think the grand deference CU fans give Montez is comical. I love the "rocket arm" references made without a hint of irony.

I think backups need to play. At all positions. And if the backups barely play, fans need to stop extolling depth.

Sorry for the immense confusion.
giphy-downsized-1-2.gif

I think it is fair to assess that whoever gets the stating nod in 2020 (between Stenstrom, Lytle and Evans), one or possibly two of them will be gone. They all have the skill set to start. That's a good problem to have.

And when the 4 star qb was the handpicked prize recruit of the newly promoted OC.

Back