What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

The bodacious Ms. Emilia Clarke

ugytejam.jpg

This is actually cute.

I remember when we announced conference expansion and taking CU and Utah because we thought we'd be getting Texas too... and then when that didn't happen most people saying "Wait a second, now that Texas isn't a part of it we're still doing this?" But it's nice, people like Boulder and SLC for a road trip.

It's also cute that since you don't have a rival it's understandable you don't really know how they work best... see, because of conference alignment you don't play Oregon and Stanfurd every year, which makes it a little tough... but I like what you tried to do there. It's cute.

You keep working on the rivalry with SC... I'm sure they'll set aside us and UCLA and Stanford and Notre Dame to make room for you... oh man, I can't even type that without laughing.

Ah, you're fun... in a puppy nipping at the bottom of my pants sort of way. We see you down there. Now here's a treat.

But luxie, you just killed your own argument. Nebraska and Oklahoma didn't play every year, the Big XII crushed that. And obviously now, the Nubs are in the B1G. You keep killing your own arguments, little luxe. Now seriously, you've proven you can't hold an argument. So show us your tits or GTFO.

So glad to see that you're living up to your low expectations you web warrior you. Read some more Anthony Bourdain. Really, your snarkiness might improve.

Sharp of you to avoid conversations about your relative academic ranking. If I were you, I would too. CU is a fine school with many smart graduates. It's just that NO CAL GRADUATE would ever have considered going to school there. That's fine, your town is a lovely place to smoke weed for four or five years in, if that's your thing.

Think we're insecure about our prestige relative to Stanford? Yes, some of are because we care about being better than our rival in everything. If you had one, you might understand.

And no. You have no idea about my degree and the pride, sense of accomplishment and prestige it brings me. You'd never understand how it feels when people stop me as I travel the world wearing my Cal gear and ask me in astonishment "Did you go to Cal?"

Academic smack talk works better when the conversation isn't so clearly one sided. Perhaps you can engage some Sun Devils on that topic?

So let's return to sports. Congratulations on your Pac 12 BB Championship last year. Congratulations also on your mythical Football National Championship back in 1990. Kudos on your one sided rivalry with Nebraska. Hang on to those. They're worth slightly more than the nickel you incorrectly valued my Cal degree at.

Congrats on being 0/15 in Pac basketball tournaments, and not making a major bowl game since 1959. Kudos on all of your one sided rivalries in which each California school rapes you up the ass on a repeated basis.

So far, fiatlux, nycgobears, and myself are three bears who were invited to attend Stanford, but didn't go. (* I later attended grad school there, though)

Anyone else?

I like seeing Cal beat Stanford at sports.

More to the point: basketball. I am not seeing the Buffs pop up on main-stream media brackets. Are the Buffs going to the tournament?

What? An advanced matrix of every bracket out there shows CU has a 98% chance of making the Dance. (Cal is 99%). The Buffs are in EVERY bracket, and they're largely sitting as the same seeds as Cal. You clearly know absolutely nothing about college basketball (which I can't blame you for a bandwagoner who only joins the fun when Cal is winning).

Congrats on being 0/15 in Pac basketball tournaments, and not making a major bowl game since 1959. Kudos on all of your one sided rivalries in which each California school rapes you up the ass on a repeated basis.

But the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos didn't clown rape Cal in basketball or football. Cal fans love those Gauchos.

Kudos on all of your one sided rivalries in which each California school rapes you up the ass on a repeated basis.
That's just mild extended foreplay amongst rivals until the day comes when we respond by going all Lex Steele on their asses. Thank goodness we have you guys now. At least in football, you guys can enjoy being clown stomped on a regular basis.

That's just mild extended foreplay amongst rivals until the day comes when we respond by going all Lex Steele on their asses. Thank goodness we have you guys now. At least in football, you guys can enjoy being clown stomped on a regular basis.

I wouldn't get too sure of that. Your clown "stomping" of CU hasn't really happened since the Buffs have joined the Pac, seeing as you've needed overtime (and even that wasn't an official Pac game). Guarantee you when CU is established in the Pac, the Buffs will lead the series. You guys just hired Dykes to save your program for crying out loud? Are you so clueless as to not see where this is all headed? It's the vicious cycle of Cal being an irrelevant laughingstock.

FIFY. I guess it takes one to know one.

Go accomplish something in major athletics post-Sputnik, and then we'll talk. I know conference championships and national championships. Big games with it all on the line. Maybe your great-grandfather knows similar experiences, if he was a Cal man.

Go accomplish something in major athletics post-Sputnik, and then we'll talk. I know conference championships and national championships. Big games with it all on the line. Maybe your great-grandfather knows similar experiences, if he was a Cal man.

Hey, my Grandfather played in the Rose Bowl for Cal!

This rumble is a lot more West side story than it is Anchorman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Please remind me of how smoothly your coaching search went? If Cal went through such an ignominious search process, there's no way I'd make your statement. You have a very selective memory.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...o-coaching-search-candidates-jon-embree-fired

Right, because when programs switch to various options, it automatically means failure. And when they jump on their first choice, it means automatic success. How long have you been following college athletics? 2 years? We got the good one from your back yard, you got the Texan who sticks out like a sore thumb. California media and many Bear fans agree with me. You'll be crying for Ted's glory days in a matter of time. Keep reading your BearInsider propaganda to make you feel more comfortable about the impending doom. I'm sure you'll beat Stanford at some point within the next 25 years.

CVilleBuff; You'll be crying for Ted's glory days in a matter of time.[/QUOTE said:
His worst years would be a serious upgrade compared to the crap teams you've been fielding. Ralphie running around is the best thing that happens on Folsom Field anymore. At least you can smoke weed and go hiking afterwards.

Edit: Unless MacIntyre (who's a fine coach) is the second coming of Bill Snyder, you guys will continue to wallow in the bottom of the conference.

Last edited:
This rumble is a lot more West side story than it is Anchorman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I remember the good old days in the Big 12 when our rumbles with former conference peers included threats of violence to grandma, and the height of generosity was to say "prepare your anus" before they were mudholed.

How awesome would it be if Cal properly welcomed us the P12 and told you "to go choke on a bag of dicks"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-TITGAZER 69-2G1C using Tapatalk 2

His worst years would be a serious upgrade compared to the crap teams you've been fielding. Ralphie running around is the best thing that happens on Folsom Field anymore. At least you can smoke weed and go hiking afterwards.

Pretty sure a Cal fan has no room to make remarks on "crap teams". CU has been to heights that you could only imagine when you're taking place in a festive BearInsider circlejerk. You are aware of your miserable history in the two major sports? Including winless season(s) not so long ago? Or were you not on the bandwagon then - kind of like Flukes, who hid and ignored Cal until you started making those long awaited 6-6 seasons under Ted?

It's a bummer you don't have a rival. Huge part of college sports is having that intense rivalry. Each school looking forward to playing each other with equal ardor. Maybe you can develop one with Utah.

Like Sacky said, you've got us there. We don't have a rival at the moment. I think we're all open to the idea of having a new one, if we come across somebody worthy. Personally I always thought Cal seemed like a logical candidate. After this thread, I'm having to reconsider if you guys really have what it takes. At least Utah has those crazy BYU fans masquerading as Utah fans that makes them kind of fun to argue with.... :huh:

i chose cu over a partial scholarship to st. norberts in de pere ****ing WI. it took me five years to graduate, went to jail once or twice, partied my ass off and now i just rape clowns.

Likewise - chose CU over a partial scholly to Eckerd College in St. Petes, FL.... graduated with an extra 250+ ski days under my belt, a job in Vail (not as a liftie), and a senior year in which I successfully wrote every paper on skiing and the mountains. Oh yeah, F*** Nebraska.

Go to sleep sweetie.

Count CVille never goes to sleep. Il Vampiro? Perhaps...

Look, it's March. This is a huge sporting time of the year for me. When the basketball season ends, CVille will likely go into hibernation until he is needed for football season.

may-sweeps.jpg

Pretty sure a Cal fan has no room to make remarks on "crap teams". CU has been to heights that you could only imagine when you're taking place in a festive BearInsider circlejerk. You are aware of your miserable history in the two major sports? Including winless season(s) not so long ago? Or were you not on the bandwagon then - kind of like Flukes, who hid and ignored Cal until you started making those long awaited 6-6 seasons under Ted?
What do 1959 (our last Rose Bowl) and 1990 have in common? No one remembers that far back except for us fans. Nice history you got there. Remember it fondly. Enjoy your present. Including that ass whupping we put on you the other day. A little more recent history.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22019567/anatomy-cu-buffs-plunge-starts-recruiting-gone-bad

Last edited:
What do 1959 (our last Rose Bowl) and 1990 have in common? No one remembers back that far back except for us fans. Nice history you got there. Remember it fondly. Enjoy your present. Including that ass whupping we put on you the other day. A little more recent history.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22019567/anatomy-cu-buffs-plunge-starts-recruiting-gone-bad

Now you're trying to talk basketball smack? :rofl:you evened up the series with CU for the season (i'm sure you weren't aware as you weren't on the bandwagon a month ago). Congrats, you now trail CU 4-2 since 2011. Good luck trying to win your first Pac-12 Tournament in your 16th try. You'll fail.

As you'd say. Enjoy your present. A coach about to retire.

Last edited:
What do 1959 (our last Rose Bowl) and 1990 have in common? No one remembers back that far back except for us fans. Nice history you got there. Remember it fondly. Enjoy your present. Including that ass whupping we put on you the other day. A little more recent history.

You really quoted a Henderson article from November? Really?? Yes, our 2008 recruiting class that was top 25 in the country turned out to be a bust and since then we have had 2 football coaches.. We get that. Enjoy your present mediocrity as well. It still doesn't change the fact that you haven't won s*** and you play the role of 4th best NCAA school in California very well.

Back