What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

I'm actually a little embarrassed for you on this one.
Why? Did you not understand my inference that Colorado recruiting has nosedived and that recruits don't give a hoot about a championship that happened before they were born?

per ESPN -

Coach Mike MacIntyre has re-built programs before, and Colorado proves to be no different in 2013.
The Buffaloes would sprint onto the field ... and ... and ... be a punchline. It was impossible for them not to know this. They'd take the field and know they were terrible and about to get pushed around.

Not exactly why an athlete dedicates so much time and sweat to an enterprise.

The Buffs ranked 120th -- last -- in the nation in scoring defense in 2012. They were 117th in scoring offense. They "led" the nation with a negative-28.17 scoring differential, despite playing four games decided by a touchdown or less, one of which was a loss to FSC Sacramento State.

This is the mess new coach Mike MacIntyre inherited. It will not fix itself overnight.

"It's a process -- daily," he said. "It's not waving a magic wand. It's an all-the-time thing."

i think the refractory period is over now. Can we all go back to our respective circle jerks?

You really quoted a Henderson article from November? Really?? Yes, our 2008 recruiting class that was top 25 in the country turned out to be a bust and since then we have had 2 football coaches.. We get that. Enjoy your present mediocrity as well. It still doesn't change the fact that you haven't won s*** and you play the role of 4th best NCAA school in California very well.

How'd he find an article from November?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

What do 1959 (our last Rose Bowl) and 1990 have in common? No one remembers that far back except for us fans. Nice history you got there. Remember it fondly. Enjoy your present. Including that ass whupping we put on you the other day. A little more recent history.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22019567/anatomy-cu-buffs-plunge-starts-recruiting-gone-bad

The only way you save face on this post is to swear that 14yr old gymnists in leotards do not give you an erection.

Congrats on unearthing the goods from Denver's pedo-friendly reporter.

Now some mod has to erase that link to keep us out of trouble.

Bears *tsk*

The only way you save face on this post is to swear that 14yr old gymnists in leotards do not give you an erection.

Congrats on unearthing the goods from Denver's pedo-friendly reporter.Now some mod has to erase that link to keep us out of trouble.

Bears *tsk*

Shouldn't be a problem. Every poster but you is a MOD here.

Shouldn't be a problem. Every poster but you is a MOD here.

They didn't want to be part of any organization that would claim me as a member.

The hookers and blow purchased with my 15 bucks annual membership come with a lot of guilt.

This thread in video form.

[video=youtube;IGGWvzvD9rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGWvzvD9rQ[/video]

What? An advanced matrix of every bracket out there shows CU has a 98% chance of making the Dance. (Cal is 99%). The Buffs are in EVERY bracket, and they're largely sitting as the same seeds as Cal. You clearly know absolutely nothing about college basketball (which I can't blame you for a bandwagoner who only joins the fun when Cal is winning).

I didn't do any fact-checking before I mouthed off. I see that CU is #11 on CBS and ESPN.

Yes, I am a bandwagoner, in that I ignored Cal basketball this season between the loss to Harvard and right after the home win over Oregon.

I do know something about college basketball. The bouncy ball goes in the hoop. Your accusation sir is WRONG! WRONG I SAY!

I didn't do any fact-checking before I mouthed off. I see that CU is #11 on CBS and ESPN.

Yes, I am a bandwagoner, in that I ignored Cal basketball this season between the loss to Harvard and right after the home win over Oregon.

I do know something about college basketball. The bouncy ball goes in the hoop. Your accusation sir is WRONG! WRONG I SAY!

I like this bear.

Your coeds are hot.
[hide]
mind-the-gap-11.jpg
[/hide]

NSFW

In all honesty, CU will likely be higher than 11 if we win our next 3 (Oregon and Oregon St at home + patsy in first round of Pac-12 tournament). Believe me, I'd rather be an 11, it's a great seed, but 9 or 10 is most likely. Only thing that could keep CU out is an absolute collapse in the final few. Our RPI is still significantly higher than Cal's. Bottom line: baring twilight zone occurrences, CU and Cal are in.

Why? Did you not understand my inference that Colorado recruiting has nosedived and that recruits don't give a hoot about a championship that happened before they were born?

per ESPN -

Coach Mike MacIntyre has re-built programs before, and Colorado proves to be no different in 2013.
The Buffaloes would sprint onto the field ... and ... and ... be a punchline. It was impossible for them not to know this. They'd take the field and know they were terrible and about to get pushed around.

Not exactly why an athlete dedicates so much time and sweat to an enterprise.

The Buffs ranked 120th -- last -- in the nation in scoring defense in 2012. They were 117th in scoring offense. They "led" the nation with a negative-28.17 scoring differential, despite playing four games decided by a touchdown or less, one of which was a loss to FSC Sacramento State.

This is the mess new coach Mike MacIntyre inherited. It will not fix itself overnight.

"It's a process -- daily," he said. "It's not waving a magic wand. It's an all-the-time thing."

Your post wasn't so cryptic that I didn't get your point. It was your point that made me embarrassed for you.

You don't think that every CU fan is well aware of the state of our program? Do you really think that anybody here believes that this gets turned around in 2013 or 2014? We were quite literally the worst team in the nation.

If you were to read our Football Forum you would only see doom and gloom.

But a couple of asides:

1. Henderson is an Oregon grad that delights in illuminating warts in the CU athletic department. Everything he writes is designed with an agenda in mind, and that agenda is to make him look like a ****.

2. For recruits, our 1990 National Championship is as distant as your 59 Rose Bowl, I concur. Even our last BCS appearance (we chose not to let Texas stand in our way, though Oregon did) is too distant for recruits to recall. But our fan base was quite present at our last National Championship, and that somewhat fuels our expectations. Big difference.

3. For many reasons, teams have ceilings. Sometimes it's a geographic recruiting advantage (Texas and Florida), or an historical name (Notre Dame). But between schools, history shows that some have a higher ceiling than others, for seemingly arbitrary reasons. CU has proven time-and-time again to have a ceiling that can be repeatedly in the top 5 in the nation. Sustainable? No. But repeatedly in national contention. Cal has never demonstrated that capacity--though I can't specifically identify the limiting factor.

Back