What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

Stop what? Presenting data? Presenting opinions? Brainstorming ideas? You're right, it's probably better for my health when I've got randoms like you coming out of the woodworks to attack me.
Look at what I responded to. A short list shouldn’t be 10 candidates, a short list by definition is the final round of candidates. Bieliema should not be on that list and it’s ludicrous to think he’d be a top 5 candidate. As for being a random, I’ve posted here regularly since I joined the board. Apologies if I haven’t been here as long as you, doesn’t mean I don’t regularly post and interact here.

Oh 8Jah, just dig those heels in more.

We just fired a head coach after losing six straight games, but you are pretty happy with the coordinators and the players we have here? I thought you hated Eliot? Regardless, your solution for past cheapness and small-time thinking by CU is to quadruple down on that thinking. Sounds great!

And while people considered the job he did at USF to be good, no one thought he was an elite P5 (which did not even exist at the time) coach when he was fired. He was treading water in the Big East, widely considered the weakest BCS conference at the time. His overall losing record in that conference (and zero seasons finishing ranked) are not and never have been elite. Those types of coaches do not have to beg to be a HC again.

It is clear you are a big JL fan, so crack open a Pepsi while waiting for the offers to roll in for the elite coach. Surely it will not be long.

Holy moly. Look I fixed it: I think he should be on the long ****ing list of people RG should consider possibly letting the search committee explore the possibility of. The nitpicking on this site is truly excruciating.

Holy moly. Look I fixed it: I think he should be on the long ****ing list of people RG should consider possibly letting the search committee explore the possibility of. The nitpicking on this site is truly excruciating.
Can we stop using RG as reference for our esteemed Athletic Director? His name is Rick George. Thank you very much!

All right, @White_Rabbit touched on it last night, but are you not the least bit concerned about how coaches from the Wisconsin system have done outside that program?

Bielema
Chris Ash
Dave Doeren
Paul Chryst
Gary Andersen

Out of that group, Doeren has been the most successful by far as a P5 HC outside of Wisconsin.... and he has been a middling coach at NC State. Most have not only been bad, but outright terrible. That has to be more than a coincidence, doesn't it?

Can we stop using RG as reference for our esteemed Athletic Director? His name is Rick George. Thank you very much!
Actually, I think we should go the other way. Think of the productivity increases and additional coaches we could evaluate.

You previous post could be:
stop using rg as a ref 4 r esteemed ad. he's r. george. tyvm

Oh - and no caps. That just takes time.

Actually, I think we should go the other way. Think of the productivity increases and additional coaches we could evaluate.

You previous post could be:
stop using rg as a ref 4 r esteemed ad. he's r. george. tyvm

Oh - and no caps. That just takes time.
:ROFLMAO:

2n1x6u.jpg
Jim Leavit. Do it now!

I will never understand people who dream small, and then call it "keeping it real," or some other bull****.

Just admit that you're a pessimist. The defining characteristic of a pessimist is that they call themselves "realists."

The prospects I offer are actually pretty optimistic. If you think we are going to win the NC in the next few years (that is beat teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia) you are....well...it explains a lot.

Also, why would you ideally like to keep the same coordinators and schemes in place? It was those coordinators and schemes that got this team to 6 straight losses. What. The. ****?? Oh, and nobody in college football has ever said Jim Leavitt is an elite P5 Head Coach.
Jim Leavit was offered the head coaching job at Alabama - that would qualify the statement that he is considered by those who would know to be a good coach-highly regarded at the P5 level. Out of loyalty, he turned the job down to stay at SFlorida...which was the disaster decision of his career.

Oh 8Jah, just dig those heels in more.

We just fired a head coach after losing six straight games, but you are pretty happy with the coordinators and the players we have here? I thought you hated Eliot? Regardless, your solution for past cheapness and small-time thinking by CU is to quadruple down on that thinking. Sounds great!

And while people considered the job he did at USF to be good, no one thought he was an elite P5 (which did not even exist at the time) coach when he was fired. He was treading water in the Big East, widely considered the weakest BCS conference at the time. His overall losing record in that conference (and zero seasons finishing ranked) are not and never have been elite. Those types of coaches do not have to beg to be a HC again.

It is clear you are a big JL fan, so crack open a Pepsi while waiting for the offers to roll in for the elite coach. Surely it will not be long.

Don’t like Elliot much, but he has a good defensive staff working for him. Like those guys. I like Chev and don’t blame the offensive line problems on him; he could use another shot. Like Roper. I like many of our players. Like Shenault, like Landman, etc but I’d transfer in their shoes if CU does the tare down then rebuild with a radically different coaching philosophy.

As for your hatred of JL-I’m sorry he left for Oregon. That must have hurt your feelings.

I know it helps to downplay him. Ten years ago he was widely considered one of the best coaches available, with job offers to Alabama and the U. Yes his total record at SFlorida wasn’t great...but to start those years SFlorida DIDNT EVEN HAVE A DIV I FOOTBALL TEAM. He built it from no program to ranked bowl program in NCAA record time. Way to wade through the shallows of those statistics. Then the incident. I know you shiver in revolt at the fact the a 50 year old man slapped a 21 year old offensive lineman for being a pu$$ie. I was slapped by a coach, but I guess my parents could care less because they never sued. I’m sure much more fitting for you to have MM’s high pitched girl voice talking about how the players really love each other.

Don’t like Elliot much, but he has a good defensive staff working for him. Like those guys. I like Chev and don’t blame the offensive line problems on him; he could use another shot. Like Roper. I like many of our players. Like Shenault, like Landman, etc but I’d transfer in their shoes if CU does the tare down then rebuild with a radically different coaching philosophy.

As for your hatred of JL-I’m sorry he left for Oregon. That must have hurt your feelings.

I know it helps to downplay him. Ten years ago he was widely considered one of the best coaches available, with job offers to Alabama and the U. Yes his total record at SFlorida wasn’t great...but to start those years SFlorida DIDNT EVEN HAVE A DIV I FOOTBALL TEAM. He built it from no program to ranked bowl program in NCAA record time. Way to wade through the shallows of those statistics. Then the incident. I know you shiver in revolt at the fact the a 50 year old man slapped a 21 year old offensive lineman for being a pu$$ie. I was slapped by a coach, but I guess my parents could care less because they never sued. I’m sure much more fitting for you to have MM’s high pitched girl voice talking about how the players really love each other.

You like the defensive staff? Our secondary has been awful, they are getting no pressure on qb's anymore.

Do we have an AllBuffs insider with boots on the ground? Is someone watching the food carts? Catering vans used as disguise? and black SUVs slipping around alleys in Boulder? I want to know what is going on.

Got you covered. I'm camped out on the 36 overlook disguised as a homeless hippy with a "Shut Down Rocky Flats" sticker on my empty guitar case. It's the first place they take anyone.

Leavitt is a terrible recruiter. Don’t think he got one player while he was here. He’s also got a shot defense at Oregon while coaching a bunch of NFL talent. No thanks. Let him go to k-state

JL leaving did not hurt my feelings. He took a lot more money, which is completely understandable. I give him plenty of credit for 2016. It is easily his best season he has had as a DC in the last four.

None of which really explains your tunnel vision for him. He is not the one and only choice for Colorado.

This is not a complete rebuild, so your insistence that the apocalypse is near if JL is not hired seems slightly melodramatic.

As for the incident at USF, while more serious than you let on in terms of his actions AFTER the incident, it has nothing to do with whether I think he is the right choice or not. It does not really concern me, but thanks for sharing your badass high school memories.

The only defeatist attitude is coming from your posts. CU is cheap, CU is not a desirable job, CU cannot recruit blue chips, CU must adopt a blue collar attitude, CU cannot afford a "rebuild," and more.

I hope you do not get a shiver down your spine when RG ignores your argument that JL was almost hired by Alabama a decade ago. Like I said, sit back and enjoy that Pepsi. The offers for JL should be rolling in at any time. You might even get to ditch the weak, small-time CU program in the process.

BTW, keep rolling with that narrative that I was a MM apologist. It is really helping your argument.

Last edited:
^This

If we want to improve the program the HC MUST be an excellent recruiter. JL is not that guy.
I don’t understand why the HC needs to be an ace recruiter. Yes, emphasize recruiting. Hire a staff that does. The position coaches are usually the ones with the boots on the ground in recruiting. A HC can be a good recruiter, not a JMFL, if he has ace guys on staff.

I don’t understand why the HC needs to be an ace recruiter. Yes, emphasize recruiting. Hire a staff that does. The position coaches are usually the ones with the boots on the ground in recruiting. A HC can be a good recruiter, not a JMFL, if he has ace guys on staff.

The HC sets the tone for the rest of staff and needs to be able to close.

Absolutely. But no question they are much better in short order under Babers.
I watched the Clemson game and they played them even AT CLEMSON. They are an impressive team, again, given the context of where they have been for years. But it's also easier to go from crap to competent. It's not any guarantee that he can be a superstar, but I sure like some things about him.
So were we with MM. We played Michigan close at Michigan. We played USC close at USC. Got our faces blown off by UW in the P12 CCG. Same with Alamo bowl. The Syracuse situation looks too parallel to ours a few years ago. Pass.

So were we with MM. We played Michigan close at Michigan. We played USC close at USC. Got our faces blown off by UW in the P12 CCG. Same with Alamo bowl. The Syracuse situation looks too parallel to ours a few years ago. Pass.
Yes - so we should just hire Saban?

Leavitt is a terrible recruiter. Don’t think he got one player while he was here. He’s also got a shot defense at Oregon while coaching a bunch of NFL talent. No thanks. Let him go to k-state
Jim Levitt v Les Miles!!!

JL leaving did not hurt my feelings. He took a lot more money, which is completely understandable. I give him plenty of credit for 2016. It is easily his best season he has had as a DC in the last four.

None of which really explains your tunnel vision for him. He is not the one and only choice for Colorado.

This is not a complete rebuild, so your insistence that the apocalypse is near if JL is not hired seems slightly melodramatic.

As for the incident at USF, while more serious than you let on in terms of his actions AFTER the incident, it has nothing to do with whether I think he is the right choice or not. It does not really concern me, but thanks for sharing your badass high school memories.

The only defeatist attitude is coming from your posts. CU is cheap, CU is not a desirable job, CU cannot recruit blue chips, CU must adopt a blue collar attitude, CU cannot afford a "rebuild," and more.

I hope you do not get a shiver down your spine when RG ignores your argument that JL was almost hired by Alabama a decade ago. Like I said, sit back and enjoy that Pepsi. The offers for JL should be rolling in at any time. You might even get to ditch the weak, small-time CU program in the process.

BTW, keep rolling with that narrative that I was a MM apologist. It is really helping your argument.
Which eliminates Babers for me.

Jim Leavit was offered the head coaching job at Alabama - that would qualify the statement that he is considered by those who would know to be a good coach-highly regarded at the P5 level. Out of loyalty, he turned the job down to stay at SFlorida...which was the disaster decision of his career.
perfect reason not to hire him. makes poor decisions

Back