What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

So was that example you just used.
It was a hyperbolic example (word of the day!) but its merit is still there. Without talent, it is pretty hard to win. Unless one of the true frosh shows up in a BIG way from very early, we will be facing a lot of 8+man boxes, which is going to kill our run game, which is going to kill our offense, which is going to kill our defense, which is going to kill our season. See?

It was a hyperbolic example (word of the day!) but its merit is still there. Without talent, it is pretty hard to win. Unless one of the true frosh shows up in a BIG way from very early, we will be facing a lot of 8+man boxes, which is going to kill our run game, which is going to kill our offense, which is going to kill our defense, which is going to kill our season. See?

lawyer-ed.

:lol:

Not only that, but how do you judge "knowing the playbook" better if you have no idea what the WR rotation will look like (along with the TE rotation)?

I see a lot of play action roll outs in our future to combat that.

It is interesting when some of the biggest Embree supporters make unrealistic expectations. The backtrack come December shall be entertaining.

I see a lot of play action roll outs in our future to combat that.
Do you realize how dumb this response is?

Play action roll outs work great when you have explosive/effective wide receivers that can beat single coverage and make you pay. Oh, and you need a QB who can make it work.

With Prich, we had that WR. Now we don't. What we have are a bunch of complete unknowns at both WR AND QB AND TE AND OL.

**** me, I'm depressed again.

Do you realize how dumb this response is?

Play action roll outs work great when you have explosive/effective wide receivers that can beat single coverage and make you pay. Oh, and you need a QB who can make it work.

With Prich, we had that WR. Now we don't. What we have are a bunch of complete unknowns at both WR AND QB AND TE AND OL.

**** me, I'm depressed again.

Just means we win with defense and special teams.

Tini'ed!

Big Banged Too?

Help me here Wispy. And **** off Burrito.

Well im not gonna blow smoke up everybodies ass and say this wasnt a crippling blow. That said, all the unproven guys that snow, bb, and others have pointed out, have to make themselves proven very quickly. Our running game has to step up in a big way as well imho. I guess there is really only one productive attitude to have, gotta have guys just step up and move on. That isnt dissing PRich at all, our season is done before it starts if it doesnt happen imho. Very tall task and a damn near non existant margin for error. We need several guys to make the most of this chance, i wish TC was still here

Well im not gonna blow smoke up everybodies ass and say this wasnt a crippling blow. That said, all the unproven guys that snow, bb, and others have pointed out, have to make themselves proven very quickly. Our running game has to step up in a big way as well imho. I guess there is really only one productive attitude to have, gotta have guys just step up and move on. That isnt dissing PRich at all, our season is done before it starts if it doesnt happen imho. Very tall task and a damn near non existant margin for error. We need several guys to make the most of this chance, i wish TC was still here

Speaking of T-Clem, a lot of people have lauded Bobby Kennedy for the job he did with him last year, but that will be nothing compared to the task that lies ahead for BK this year. He's going to have to do what most of us around these parts seem to think is nearly impossible, and that's take a group of unproven or lackluster guys and turn them into a legit BCS-caliber receiving corps. If he can pull this one off, then give that man a raise.

Bobby Kennedy:
Ask not what Buffnation can do for you, but what you can do for Buffnation.

We need you to deliver during this, our darkest hour!

If Tad Boyle can replace Higgins and Burks and still win the P12, you can replace PRrich and get in a bowlgame. We know you can do it and we believe in miracles.

Bobby Kennedy:
Ask not what Buffnation can do for you, but what you can do for Buffnation.

We need you to deliver during this, our darkest hour!

If Tad Boyle can replace Higgins and Burks and still win the P12, you can replace PRrich and get in a bowlgame. We know you can do it and we believe in miracles.

skid for president! :woot:

If BK can get this new group to produce at a good level and we still get to a bowl, id say his stock goes up pretty significantly. Hes done a really good job on and off the field imho, he was pretty big with Texas recruiting as well.

Back