What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Richardson Tears Ligament, Will Miss 2012 Season

this thread has gone from suck to major suck.

"hey! you there! yeah, you... the unheralded 4th stringer. you need to STEP UP YOUR GAME! what the **** is the matter with you? you can't replace a guy who is faster and more athletic than you? why not? you ****ing loser! you need to step up because WE SAID SO! and therefore it will be true."

Have not read any of this thread.....too pissed. However, after 20 seconds of thought, perhaps we should look on the bright side. We were going to suck this year anyway. So, we just shifted PRich's career into the years where Jon has a chance. Ok. I feel better now.

Canty a deep threat..

image.10198131.8796-fc-550x550-white.jpg

Look nobody can replace PRich, thats clear, but im with Tini in a way. Gotta pick up and move on, we are ****ed otherwise. We base our squad on a receiver, we were ****ed anyway. Like I said football is unforgiving at times but its what it is.

All the hand wringing and self pity aside, if this coaching staff gets us to a bowl game this year then I think we can start to be comfortable that we have a great coach.

The other "bright side" of this is the fact that PRich will have more than a year to heal his knee. If it had happened in the first game it could effect him for two seasons.

PRich isn't the first to injure a knee in a non-contact drill, over the past few years. It may be a dumb question, but, is there an issue with the practice field(s) and/or turf?

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. More than ???????

There could be more details coming out on the nature of his injury in the next few days. I suggest patience.

PRich isn't the first to injure a knee in a non-contact drill, over the past few years. It may be a dumb question, but, is there an issue with the practice field(s) and/or turf?

Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. More than ???????

I dont know, but this makes me wonder if he had a partail tear from last season, that finally gave way. So yes, gone for the season, but 15 months to heal now and then two more seasons. And the 13-14 seasons were going to be better than the 12 season anyway. I still think we have about as good of a chance at a bowl game as we did before.

Which isn't to say I felt we had a good shot at a bowl game.

I dont know, but this makes me wonder if he had a partail tear from last season, that finally gave way. So yes, gone for the season, but 15 months to heal now and then two more seasons. And the 13-14 seasons were going to be better than the 12 season anyway. I still think we have about as good of a chance at a bowl game as we did before.

Which isn't to say I felt we had a good shot at a bowl game.

I think our bowl chances went from iffy to non-existent. PRich stretched the field, keeping the DBs honest. Everyone will now play closer to the LOS, DTs will be able to go off on our undersized, inexperienced OL because the LBs will sit on all of the "holes," the whole offense suffers. Expecting HS kids to come in and contribute greatly is more than I can muster. I was optimistic last year, predicting 4 wins. And I thought we had a decent chance this year at 6 wins, but that's gone now. Not only that, a lot of the fun is gone - having PRich on the field meant something great could happen on any play. Damn.

I think our bowl chances went from iffy to non-existent. PRich stretched the field, keeping the DBs honest. Everyone will now play closer to the LOS, DTs will be able to go off on our undersized, inexperienced OL because the LBs will sit on all of the "holes," the whole offense suffers. Expecting HS kids to come in and contribute greatly is more than I can muster. I was optimistic last year, predicting 4 wins. And I thought we had a decent chance this year at 6 wins, but that's gone now. Not only that, a lot of the fun is gone - having PRich on the field meant something great could happen on any play. Damn.

I would actually be quite okay with a super boring conservative pound the ball offense if we can execute it with decent efficiency and be in a position in the 4th quarter to win most of our games (exception being Oregon and USC). I would love to see us establish a run first attitude, even when we have no other choice.

I would actually be quite okay with a super boring conservative pound the ball offense if we can execute it with decent efficiency and be in a position in the 4th quarter to win most of our games (exception being Oregon and USC). I would love to see us establish a run first attitude, even when we have no other choice.

You obviously missed my point completely, which is that without a passing game to stretch the field, we'll have no running game behind our undersized OL.

You obviously missed my point completely, which is that without a passing game to stretch the field, we'll have no running game behind our undersized OL.

I understand your point, but you have to start somewhere, and I have seen tons of boring offenses that didn't have a stellar vertical game be at least relatively successful with moving the ball and grinding out low scoring games and wins. Shoot, based on your argument, we might as well just not play the stupid season. Walk away from the ledge...

Back